Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

I think I've just been ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

im pending with hogan aka. yo_its_ok aka. chimp dj. aka. " i can get buddy club wheels ". I've just e-mailed him..seems like hes working alot..we'll see what happens..
Old 09-11-2002, 10:23 PM
Ford Only.

ut oh, i have heard he is the biggest rip off in history
Old 09-12-2002, 07:24 AM

UPDATE

I just filed a complaint with the State Attorney's office. I also referenced another case that was filed against Ed. He's NOT getting away with this BS.

Kevin
Old 09-12-2002, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
im pending with hogan aka. yo_its_ok aka. chimp dj. aka. " i can get buddy club wheels ". I've just e-mailed him..seems like hes working alot..we'll see what happens..

when is the last time you have heard from him? I have not recieved any emails for MONTHS! PLease tell him to email me and send me my money back.
Thanks
Old 09-14-2002, 06:37 PM

that's fu#king fu#ked up of him
Old 09-16-2002, 01:27 AM

man

i came up on this thread about a month or so ago, still no luck kevin? man the authorities should have done something by now, let us know how it goes, good luck.
Old 09-17-2002, 03:50 AM
Jer

Re: UPDATE

Kevin,

I got a letter yesterday stating that they were unable to make contact with him, thus they would be unable to help me. Basically the typical generic "sorry we can't do anything" courtesy note.

A few suggestions :

- call yours and his local authorities
- contact as many fellow members as you can who seem to know him - see where he is and whether you can get a hold of him : if you do, don't even hesitate to let him know you've called the cops
- I did a search on Ed on the internet : google even did the trick - I managed to dig up his name in various AutoX events for one; try to be a sneaky ***** too and see if you can find out where he's going next
- when all else fails, run over a skunk and ship it to him in a sealed carton box

I feel like just doing a chargeback on this guy..just because he's still being a jerk with others : he ended up refunding all of my money minus the paypal fee which I sent him with my original payment - out of good grace I didn't ask him to send that back to me as I asked for the refund.. technically I didn't get all my money back and as per VISA policy I'm supposed to....

Originally posted by Kevin
I just filed a complaint with the State Attorney's office. I also referenced another case that was filed against Ed. He's NOT getting away with this BS.

Kevin
Old 09-17-2002, 07:02 AM

Re: Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by Jer
Kevin,

I got a letter yesterday stating that they were unable to make contact with him, thus they would be unable to help me. Basically the typical generic "sorry we can't do anything" courtesy note.

A few suggestions :

- call yours and his local authorities
- contact as many fellow members as you can who seem to know him - see where he is and whether you can get a hold of him : if you do, don't even hesitate to let him know you've called the cops
- I did a search on Ed on the internet : google even did the trick - I managed to dig up his name in various AutoX events for one; try to be a sneaky ***** too and see if you can find out where he's going next
- when all else fails, run over a skunk and ship it to him in a sealed carton box

I feel like just doing a chargeback on this guy..just because he's still being a jerk with others : he ended up refunding all of my money minus the paypal fee which I sent him with my original payment - out of good grace I didn't ask him to send that back to me as I asked for the refund.. technically I didn't get all my money back and as per VISA policy I'm supposed to....

Can you give me the info from Google that you ggot? Let me know. I've got a few trick up my sleeve.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:45 AM
Jer

Re: Re: Re: UPDATE

I believe I found him talking on several AutoX/Racing forums; one of which was in St. Louis. Also check the prelude forums; he should still be on there!

Can you give me the info from Google that you ggot? Let me know. I've got a few trick up my sleeve.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by Jer
I believe I found him talking on several AutoX/Racing forums; one of which was in St. Louis. Also check the prelude forums; he should still be on there!

which prelude forums? I found him on one ST louis forum but he hasn't posted there since april, let me know if you find any other forums
Kevin
Old 09-17-2002, 09:26 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UPDATE

Pretty sure I saw him post on preludeonline.com a lot.

which prelude forums? I found him on one ST louis forum but he hasn't posted there since april, let me know if you find any other forums
Kevin
Old 09-17-2002, 10:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by Shadow
Pretty sure I saw him post on preludeonline.com a lot.

He doesn't post there anymore, he has dissapeared.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:15 AM

howm uch was it?
Old 10-01-2002, 09:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm interested to see if any progress has come out of Kevin's dealings with the law in regards to this.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Jer

Hello Ed?

Originally posted by ducky
I'm interested to see if any progress has come out of Kevin's dealings with the law in regards to this.
Old 10-30-2002, 02:34 AM

ive read every single page of this post.. that fukin sucks.. did u ever get your money back? its already october 30th.. a day before halloween and i see some of the lasts posts were around early october.. so any luck kevin? and how much money does he owe u?
Old 10-30-2002, 11:43 AM
Very sound, Mike

Try this site: http://www.trollhunters.com/ it's been plenty helpful with most Anandtech traders. It might help you a bit if anything.

Also, click on my homepage link on the left for another site you can check out.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:31 PM

Update....found out that a$$hole Ed is in Atlanta...
Old 11-12-2002, 05:42 AM
Jer

Grrr somebody on the forum should go visit him

Update....found out that a$$hole Ed is in Atlanta...
Old 11-24-2002, 11:38 PM

jay25 lives in atlanta
Old 12-08-2002, 11:26 PM
Sports Button FTW

any update on this A-HOLE?
Old 12-26-2002, 08:33 PM

any updates yet?
Old 12-26-2002, 10:26 PM

he's long gone...it was a hard lesson to learn...at least noone else got f*cked by this *******. He's a rich **** too, yet he still had to do what he did. ALWAYS make sure you know who you're dealing with folks...
Old 12-27-2002, 07:22 AM

sometimes there are people who are rich and don't look rich, sometimes there are people who are rich and look it, for some reason if this guy really was rich i don't think he'd have to do this to you, the reason why he's long gone is probably because he's not just running from your, but the IRS as well......just an opinion
Old 12-27-2002, 11:51 AM

Sorry to hear this, I hope he gets his. Keep us posted if anything new happens.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Jer

I'm gonna see if I can get in touch with someone on the prelude forums whom he almost ripped off.. she was sent her money back a few months ago so maybe she has another return address somewhere...

...maybe we can leave him a late X-mas present of some kind.

*Edit : I just got the below from his other forums...

"Jacques, you forgot to mention you met me !!! I lived in StL (well actually Clayton) until I was 13 (22 now) and all of my family with the exception of my father live up there so I visit usually once a month. I noticed a couple of folks that lived in the Maryland Heights/Clayton/Ladue area, my uncle is a stock broker at Morgan Stanley in downtown Clayton. I think it is on Forsyth."

Maybe you should speak with his Uncle? Just ask for Mr. Camden, and state he left you a voicemail but you didn't understand his first name I'm sure they'll look him up for you :

Morgan Stanley
700 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63105

314-889-9800

Good luck, I'll see if I can dig anything else up for you.

Originally posted by sliderred
Sorry to hear this, I hope he gets his. Keep us posted if anything new happens.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by Jer
I'm gonna see if I can get in touch with someone on the prelude forums whom he almost ripped off.. she was sent her money back a few months ago so maybe she has another return address somewhere...

...maybe we can leave him a late X-mas present of some kind.

*Edit : I just got the below from his other forums...

"Jacques, you forgot to mention you met me !!! I lived in StL (well actually Clayton) until I was 13 (22 now) and all of my family with the exception of my father live up there so I visit usually once a month. I noticed a couple of folks that lived in the Maryland Heights/Clayton/Ladue area, my uncle is a stock broker at Morgan Stanley in downtown Clayton. I think it is on Forsyth."

Maybe you should speak with his Uncle? Just ask for Mr. Camden, and state he left you a voicemail but you didn't understand his first name I'm sure they'll look him up for you :

Morgan Stanley
700 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63105

314-889-9800

Good luck, I'll see if I can dig anything else up for you.

good stuf Jer,

I tried that number but noone by the name of Camden at that branch of Morgan.

did he hapeen to mention the uncle's name?
Old 12-31-2002, 06:39 PM

Man ... I feel for you ... Jer came by today and told me about your worries ... I'm sure you've done everything you can including the tips in this post?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=170726

Ciao!
Old 01-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Jer

Crap! I forgot to stop and think that the uncle might have a different last name He didn't mention it I'm afraid.. it was a discussion about where his family was located... though they are apparently almost all in St. Louis.

This may take a few calls, and a bit of time, but how about you try looking up Camden in the St. Louis phone directory (such as on Infospace), and just call and ask for Ed.. I'm sure you'll run into a family member sooner or later as he stated his brothers, sisters and parents still reside there.. though the names would help, you can always try the old "collegue from college in Alabama" trick and say you don't have his new number but just want to get in touch with regards to school stuff...

I was emailed back by the person who got ripped off by him for his exhaust, and she doesn't have his new number(s) - the one she does have is disconnected...

A moderator on the prelude forums also couldn't help; I fired him up an email but he's lost touch with him too - his reply was as follows :

I was afraid this was gonna happen at your forum as well. I had his cell phone number, but it's no longer in service. I also had a land line number, but it's been disconnected. Warren (aka "VeeTec", who I think that's also his screenname at your forum) might have more information than me, or you might ask MaxOwner (?) as well.

When he started becoming shady to the Prelude members at PreludeOnline.com, it was around the same time that he stopped talking to me. I tried to help out some of the PO members by passing on his cell, regular phone and email (I didn't save it...sorry), but according to them, he didn't respond. He even had an AIM SN, but he hasn't been on for several months. I wish I could help.

I'm sorta tired right now, and I've got a busy post-new year's schedule, but try doing the phone call thing first, and maybe hop on the preludeforums and try and get in touch with Warren and MaxOwner... maybe they can help out a bit (well, maybe not MaxOwner heh).... good luck ... if I find anything else I'll let you know - I will dig around in my spare time when I find some

good stuf Jer,

I tried that number but noone by the name of Camden at that branch of Morgan.

did he hapeen to mention the uncle's name?
Old 01-12-2003, 10:43 PM

Originally posted by Jer
Crap! I forgot to stop and think that the uncle might have a different last name He didn't mention it I'm afraid.. it was a discussion about where his family was located... though they are apparently almost all in St. Louis.

This may take a few calls, and a bit of time, but how about you try looking up Camden in the St. Louis phone directory (such as on Infospace), and just call and ask for Ed.. I'm sure you'll run into a family member sooner or later as he stated his brothers, sisters and parents still reside there.. though the names would help, you can always try the old "collegue from college in Alabama" trick and say you don't have his new number but just want to get in touch with regards to school stuff...

I was emailed back by the person who got ripped off by him for his exhaust, and she doesn't have his new number(s) - the one she does have is disconnected...

A moderator on the prelude forums also couldn't help; I fired him up an email but he's lost touch with him too - his reply was as follows :

I was afraid this was gonna happen at your forum as well. I had his cell phone number, but it's no longer in service. I also had a land line number, but it's been disconnected. Warren (aka "VeeTec", who I think that's also his screenname at your forum) might have more information than me, or you might ask MaxOwner (?) as well.

When he started becoming shady to the Prelude members at PreludeOnline.com, it was around the same time that he stopped talking to me. I tried to help out some of the PO members by passing on his cell, regular phone and email (I didn't save it...sorry), but according to them, he didn't respond. He even had an AIM SN, but he hasn't been on for several months. I wish I could help.

I'm sorta tired right now, and I've got a busy post-new year's schedule, but try doing the phone call thing first, and maybe hop on the preludeforums and try and get in touch with Warren and MaxOwner... maybe they can help out a bit (well, maybe not MaxOwner heh).... good luck ... if I find anything else I'll let you know - I will dig around in my spare time when I find some

I haven't been able to get in touch with him either. The numbers I had have been disconnected.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:30 AM

yeah,

I've tried all the tips that were mentioned in the post and still no luck. Word is he works at a Chevy Dealer in Atlanta now and has sold the Maxima and drives a Chevy SUV...his screen name that he used to go by is cammyfive.

Kevin
Old 01-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

You can do something

I am new to this group and this is my first post. I got screwed over on ebay for $2,800 for a JDM Civic Type R Motor when I had my civic. My friend told me about a group of internet Private investigators. I emailed them and they got back to me about my story. They filed gezz they listed about 30 report with all the goverment agencies, made all the calls and had the FBI at his door within 8 days! I got my money back!!! I also found out this guy ripped off about 14 more people for about $30,000 total. His hearing is in like 3 weeks. They charged me only $30.00 to do all this. I had no where to turn until I got ahold of them. They told me they are non-profit and that $30 is a set rate for anything over $2,000 to pay for all the calls and the time. When they were finished they asked if I would like to make a donation for the service. I was so happy to get my money back I gave them a $50 donation for all the other cases they had. They do have what is called a full investigation that costs about $200.00 but you have an investigator assigned to your case that works 8 hours a day on it. He said most people that get ripped off for cars and stuff like that use it. They are coming out with a website www.patrolinternet.com It leads to a webmaster domain now but it is being built!! I am fully supporting them and they have a partners plan that if they need any info for someone that is frauding people in my area they can email me and I can look up addresses and phone numbers. These guys were good and I think it is worth a try!
Old 01-13-2003, 09:44 PM

Re: You can do something

Originally posted by breakinground
I am new to this group and this is my first post. I got screwed over on ebay for $2,800 for a JDM Civic Type R Motor when I had my civic. My friend told me about a group of internet Private investigators. I emailed them and they got back to me about my story. They filed gezz they listed about 30 report with all the goverment agencies, made all the calls and had the FBI at his door within 8 days! I got my money back!!! I also found out this guy ripped off about 14 more people for about $30,000 total. His hearing is in like 3 weeks. They charged me only $30.00 to do all this. I had no where to turn until I got ahold of them. They told me they are non-profit and that $30 is a set rate for anything over $2,000 to pay for all the calls and the time. When they were finished they asked if I would like to make a donation for the service. I was so happy to get my money back I gave them a $50 donation for all the other cases they had. They do have what is called a full investigation that costs about $200.00 but you have an investigator assigned to your case that works 8 hours a day on it. He said most people that get ripped off for cars and stuff like that use it. They are coming out with a website www.patrolinternet.com It leads to a webmaster domain now but it is being built!! I am fully supporting them and they have a partners plan that if they need any info for someone that is frauding people in my area they can email me and I can look up addresses and phone numbers. These guys were good and I think it is worth a try!
i'd like to talk to these guys about a few people
Old 01-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: You can do something

Originally posted by johnvt1111

i'd like to talk to these guys about a few people
The email I used to get ahold of them was aristro@cableone.net
Old 02-13-2003, 11:36 PM

Bump. Just read this.....
Old 03-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Wow. This is an awful thing to have happen. I would definately not do business with anyone I didnt completely trust. Im very sorry about the money you lost, and I hope this dip**** is caught. I'll keep an eye out and if I can find out anything for you, Ill post it here.

Old 03-27-2003, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by Stephen Max
There has got to be a way to get a third party involved that could ensure fair exchange of money and goods.

I'm intending to eventually go supercharged, and it is tempting to pick up a good used SC off the org, but sending someone a check for ~$2500 leaves a pretty big matzoh ball hanging in the breeze.
paypal? lots of ppl seem to use it
Old 03-27-2003, 07:24 PM

Paypal is a good option, if you use your credit card. If anything goes wrong, you can dispute it with them. But the fees get kind of steep especially on high dollar items.

I paid for my SC with Paypal, bought it from a .org member. Everything went very smoothly.

Originally posted by Aphrodisiac

paypal? lots of ppl seem to use it
Old 05-04-2003, 02:38 AM

Any Updates????
Old 05-11-2003, 08:27 PM

This guy is a real PUTZ!

Quick Reply: I think I've just been ripped off