Conversation Between Jime and 5SpeedMax
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. 5SpeedMax
    11-27-2009 12:49 AM
    How easy is it to fit the 350Z intake manifrold? Does it help significantly? I'm assuming you have a VQ30DE. About the Cams you use. How can I find them on ebay. What item description do they come identified as? I've read that headers help, I've read they don't help unless they are perfectly tuned exact length etc etc. Your take? Do you run a y-pipe? Lots of questions I know but I havee a feeling you have some good answers. What state are you living?
    Thanks
    Mike
  2. 5SpeedMax
    11-26-2009 12:23 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but what is a 200 shot?
    I asked you the question about the kind of work being done to these VQ30 engines cause at about the y-pipe, I don't know where else to go to get more driveable, reliable power from the motor without going big bucks. Even if I had big money I don't know for sure how or what I would or should do. I read the forum and find tid bits of info like putting a late model intake manifold on the car but I can't find any real concrete direction. Any suggestions beyond the y-pipe? I checked out your profile, nice to see a guy near my age active. Saw your youtube video also; very cool.
    As far as the VW's are concerned, no streetables doing 10's. I saw a VW drag car, open class running mid 6's at an mph of about 105,very,very quick. Fastest street VW I am aware of runs high 11's, respectable. VW's are fun ( I know a lot about them) but I drive my old Maxima (original owner) so since I decided to keep it I want it to be as nice as is rational, if you know what I mean.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my message.
  3. 5SpeedMax
    10-08-2009 04:58 AM
    You have a question in the thread and it's the same as mine; besides the nitros has there been any work done to the engine aside from intake and exhaust mods?
    Very curious, I'm an old VW guy and I see they are running 10's normally aspirated so it makes me wonder what someone could get out of a VQ30 or something in that line if some serious internal work were done. By the way, I like the sleeper look of your car and 10.85 is some serious momentum. I'd love to drive it. Then again maybe not.
    Goog going!