Conversation Between Daniel B. Martin and rezinflux
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. rezinflux
    04-05-2009 07:28 PM
    Hi, I've read alot of your posts regarding transmissions and clutches and I am hoping maybe you can give me some help. I've just got a 2003 maxima with the MT. My biggest problem acts like this... When I shift into any gear (from standing still) then proceed to let off the clutch without giving it gas, the car doesn't stall. I mean every gear, 1st - 6th. The RPM drops just a bit but the car will not stall. When I TRY to actually drive the car, it goes so slow that I can literally push the car faster than the car can be driven and also if I was to stand in front of it, while my wife was driving it for example, I could stop the car despite it's attempt to move forward and I'm no Hulk. Accelerating doesn't hardly add any power to the wheels. Any idea what this could be? A really badly screwed clutch maybe? BTW the car was in an accident before and the wheel was hit and strut, and tie rod were bent, replaced those and I may replace the drivers side drive shaft also once I get the transmission issue fixed if it is noticeable.