Conversation Between Sternzy and VQtHuRtY
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. VQtHuRtY
    07-08-2010 02:31 PM
    Sorry, I barely get on here. I actually fixed my issue or figured out how to work around it. In my car, it was one of the cables to the coil. When it happens all I do is pop the hood, wiggle the coil a bit, until it stops. LMK, if this help or if theres anything else I can help you with. By the way, the coil thats missfiring on mine is the middle one on the bank closer to the firewall.
  2. Sternzy
    06-29-2010 03:42 PM
    Hi there,

I recently came across the following post you made:

"So, to add to the bunch, I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima with the same issue. I have the ABS light all the time. Then once in a while the SLIP and TCS light will come on. The only thing that mine does, that I havent heard anybody mention is that my car is miss-firing. As if my car needs a tune up or as if the car is sensing the car lost traction."

As it happens, I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE that as just about the same problem. The most prominent issue is once the engine is running for a few minutes the TCS/OFF, ABS, and SLIP lights all turn on...every time. my dad had replaced the ignition wires awhile back that seemed to help a bit, but after reading your post i went and listened closely tot he exhaust and I believe there is a slight mis-fire occurring albeit not very bad.

So I'm wondering if you ever found out exactly what the problem was. I have read various posts indicating different sensors and such but nothing pin-pointing exactly what it might be.

I might add that the lights appear to come on once the engine reaches operating temperature.

Thanks in advance,
    Doug