Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

sparks03max ripped me off

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Banned

sparks03max ripped me off

I paid John Sparks 420 + paypal fees for a custom IM he never produced.

He has still yet to pay me back and keeps claiming to be broke. Any help you guys can give me getting my money back is appreciated. He stopped responding to my txts & emails.

He has had my money for 6 months.

Last edited by NYCBL00D; 04-05-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Got Retrofit?

You sent it as a gift? Well even if you didn't, it's way past the 45 days. Maybe try calling PayPal?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Banned

I am calling my bank and paypal but I doubt I will get anywhere. Disputing a 6 month old transaction I think is hopeless.

Thanks for the advice...
Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by NYCBL00D
I am calling my bank and paypal but I doubt I will get anywhere. Disputing a 6 month old transaction I think is hopeless.
Just explain the situation as best as you can and hopefully they'll understand why you're now disputing the transaction. Also explain that everyone else got their money back except for you.

I hope it all works out but at this point, I don't know.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned

Paypal told me it is not their problem, and they never investigate after 45 days and it doesn't matter the circumstances. I will call my bank next.

Anyone who has any suggestions on my next steps to take it would be greatly appreciated.

edit: contacting IC3 and the NC DOJ I hate to get to gov involved but this is ridiculous.

Last edited by NYCBL00D; 04-05-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Got Retrofit?

Paypal told me it is not their problem, and they never investigate after 45 days and it doesn't matter the circumstances. I will call my bank next.
I figured they'd say that since its their policy.

The bank is your best bet.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Good Luck.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM

ahh ****
Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Banned

Contacting IC3 and NV DOJ & BBB hopefully this helps. Doubt it though...

Last edited by NYCBL00D; 04-05-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:09 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

It took me 2 days to respond to your most recent texts and I apologize for that, but don't pretend you emailed me or I've been unresponsive because we've spoken about this quite a few times without me ever leaving you without a response. In fact, it looks like you posted this thread after receiving my response this morning, though the timestamps could be off.

Considering the fact that I've already sent out over 2,000 dollars in refunds associated with this deal, it shouldn't be hard to understand why I have been so broke and it should be pretty obvious that I'm not trying to scam anybody. Almost all the down payment money was spent on materials that were never used, so it's not like I had it sitting around to just give back unless you want to be paid in aluminum. All of the refunds have been out of pocket.

Regarding getting your money back, I told you that I would get it back april 3rd and I was not able to. I gave you some specifics as to why in my text response and that is the best I can do for now. Regardless of the circumstances, do what you have to do and I'll do what I have to do.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Good Luck, Sparks hope all works out for you, everybody has problems one way or another, and I know you are a stand up guy, who isn't looking to Scam people.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sparks03max
It took me 2 days to respond to your most recent texts and I apologize for that, but don't pretend you emailed me or I've been unresponsive because we've spoken about this quite a few times without me ever leaving you without a response. In fact, it looks like you posted this thread after receiving my response this morning, though the timestamps could be off.

Considering the fact that I've already sent out over 2,000 dollars in refunds associated with this deal, it shouldn't be hard to understand why I have been so broke and it should be pretty obvious that I'm not trying to scam anybody. Almost all the down payment money was spent on materials that were never used, so it's not like I had it sitting around to just give back unless you want to be paid in aluminum. All of the refunds have been out of pocket.

Regarding getting your money back, I told you that I would get it back april 3rd and I was not able to. I gave you some specifics as to why in my text response and that is the best I can do for now. Regardless of the circumstances, do what you have to do and I'll do what I have to do.
Thank you for coming on here. The fact remains everyone else got a refund except me and I have a feeling it had to do with post count screw the new unknown guy. Maybe so maybe not I doubt we'll ever know.

You never have ever responded to my emails that I sent to your gmail account, that is a fact. You also have been promising for 3 months I would have my money in two week intervals. I check my account, no money, I send a txt, 3 days later you respond and then promise it will be there two-three weeks later. I have the txts, I could post them, but I know it would do no good. That is why I have had to make this thread. I find it hard to believe you have not spent money on yourself these last 3 months. Did you buy beer or dope? Go out to a bar? Buy a candy bar? I would have loved to get $50 or $100 at a time. Payment plan would have worked just fine. You probably could have strung me out 6 months or longer if I got a little here and there.

Why don't you sell your mods on your car? That should easily be over $420 + my paypal fees. Or make me an intake manifold? Hell I'll even take a 'hackjob' like your 1st one. I don't believe you have no options to pay me which is what you are making it sound like. Find a Pawn Shop and sell some gold. Pawn a watch. Whatever you need to do should be done you have had my money for over 6 months which frankly is ridiculous.

The moment I receive my $420 + pay pal fees I will have this thread removed and any other negative posts removed. Until then, this thread will remain as a warning to other members and to alert them of your business practices.

I am very sorry this has ended in the way it has. I am sure you feel the same.

Last edited by NYCBL00D; 04-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Demodding not a bad idea.....
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM

plus paypal fees?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phatboislim
plus paypal fees?
Only because it has been over 3 months and he has held onto my money for over 6 months. Originally I wasn't asking for them. This is fair, trust me.

Sparks,
It is so damn easy to come up with such small cash: ask your parents for the cash, goto your bank and take out a personal loan, cash advance on a credit card, goto a loan shark, pawn shop, sell mods, get a part time job flipping burgers for 3 weeks. Come the **** on and man up.

Last edited by NYCBL00D; 04-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 AM

um, if you're out of a job 'such small cash' is a large lump sum...i know it's been a while, but i'm just saying. but if it's a refund it's just a refund of what he sent you, i can't see paypal fees, because he incurred paypal fees when you sent him the money. i can't see where that's fair. he can send you the money as a gift and you'll get your $420 back in full
Old 04-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Got Retrofit?

i can't see paypal fees, because he incurred paypal fees when you sent him the money. i can't see where that's fair. he can send you the money as a gift and you'll get your $420 back in full
Unless the OP covered the fees which is why he wants them back.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:33 AM

ahhh that is true...
Old 04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Only because it has been over 3 months and he has held onto my money for over 6 months. Originally I wasn't asking for them. This is fair, trust me.

Sparks,
It is so damn easy to come up with such small cash: ask your parents for the cash, goto your bank and take out a personal loan, cash advance on a credit card, goto a loan shark, pawn shop, sell mods, get a part time job flipping burgers for 3 weeks. Come the **** on and man up.
I started giving out refunds a month ago, not 3 months ago. In the last month I have sent many times my monthly income out and that took resorting to demodding my car, asking family for loans, selling my furniture/computer, and not paying my rent. I literally have nothing left at this point.

You guys realize my car is demodded right? I sold everything but the headers between the forums and local people, and only b/c it's too much trouble to remove them and try to find replacements.

Like I told you, I'm going to get it to you as soon as I can scrape it together. If you don't believe it then do what you gotta do until then.

Last edited by sparks03max; 04-06-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Wow.

I don't think sparks is trying to screw you, man. He's a stand-up guy. He's done plenty of business on here before.

I've even spoken to him about making several transactions, although they fell through because I came up short on money.

Give him time, and I guarantee you that he'll get you what's due. It's tough to refund money when you're down and out.

He's been a very important member of this community, and I highly doubt that he'd be out to ruin his reputation over something like this.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 AM

Ummmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Wow.

I don't think sparks is trying to screw you, man. He's a stand-up guy. He's done plenty of business on here before.

I've even spoken to him about making several transactions, although they fell through because I came up short on money.

Give him time, and I guarantee you that he'll get you what's due. It's tough to refund money when you're down and out.

He's been a very important member of this community, and I highly doubt that he'd be out to ruin his reputation over something like this.
Apparently he's not a stand up guy

http://forums.maxima.org/all-motor/6...roduction.html
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 PM

I guess I stand corrected.

Sparks always seemed like a decent guy, at least back when he was a regular on the forum. Maybe I was wrong. I do tend to give everyone the benefit of a doubt, though, before I write them off as a douche/***/what have you.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 AM

Sigh. !
Old 04-10-2012, 06:46 AM

you think he wouldnt be a standup guy if he had a job and was able to send money back out? i understand the OP's frustration for sure, but it seems like the length's he's taken to try to satisfy everyone he didnt try to short anyone...but i'm an outsider looking in. GL w/ trying to get your money back
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 AM

I went through this same crap with another shop. I just did a chargeback on my credit card through the bank and got ALL my money back. the company never responded to the dispute so I won. They had nothing to go on anyway. I dont know how paypal handles disputes. But this is the reason I use credit cards for EVERYTHING.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Got Retrofit?

you think he wouldnt be a standup guy if he had a job and was able to send money back out?
Read the last two pages of that other thread. He blatantly scammed these people and used their money while he could.

Standup guy my ***. He's a douche.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
I went through this same crap with another shop. I just did a chargeback on my credit card through the bank and got ALL my money back. the company never responded to the dispute so I won. They had nothing to go on anyway. I dont know how paypal handles disputes. But this is the reason I use credit cards for EVERYTHING.
Exactly. Even if PayPal sides with the seller, a simple call to your credit card company, and you'll have your money back.

As far as the CC company is concerned, if PayPal lets the seller keep your money in a scam situation, PayPal is basically stealing your money. You'll lose your PayPal account, but at least you'll have your money.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Exactly. Even if PayPal sides with the seller, a simple call to your credit card company, and you'll have your money back.

As far as the CC company is concerned, if PayPal lets the seller keep your money in a scam situation, PayPal is basically stealing your money. You'll lose your PayPal account, but at least you'll have your money.
Yes, try that. They will attempt to get in contact with the seller (SPARKS) and if they do not receive a response back then you get your money back and the bank will go after him. you might still be able to dispute the item. He is not an official "business" and I dont know how they will treat that dispute but you can try. I also think the bank will require some kind of receipt or invoice or something. You can discuss that with them. I disputed an item that was 4 months old and won. I ahve disputed a few items over the years....never lost ANY OF THEM! If you pay for a product in the USA the seller HAS to send you that product or refund your money!!! If you dont have a product in your had you will win EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY ASAP AND DIPUTE THE CHARGES...SCREW PAY PAL!!! If you used a credit card on Pay pal its till a CREDIT CARD that went through some bank........