Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

scubasteve ripoff complaint thread..

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:35 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

scubasteve ripoff complaint/discussion thread..

Ok folks, it has come to my attention that Org member scubasteve has not sent parts to several members, and has failed to reply to pm's /emails concerning this issue.

If any org members that have not received items from him would like to post their story, please feel free to do so. Maybe we can get enough information together to be able to contact him in other ways besides pm's or emails. I have sent him a email regarding this, but no response as of yet.

http://forums.maxima.org/itrader.php?u=65215

i understand some of you guys are to say the least "upset" about this, but lets keep it civil, no bypassing the swear filters.

Last edited by Greeny; 10-29-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:40 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Welp

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<sbillington@comcast.net>:
76.96.30.116 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <sbillington@comcast.net> Account not available
Giving up on 76.96.30.116.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:47 AM
New to the Max Game

I sent him money in early September for some speakers he was selling. He came off as a very nice guy and was very responsive to my e-mails at first. But then I never received my item and he never responded back. I put a claim through paypal. Either something happened to him or he is a good Con-Artist.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

he got me for $25, paid Sept 22. I have all of his personal info.

I sent this pm to a few people that had been ripped off.

Greetings. I'm contacting you fellas about the issue we've had with the poster Scubasteve in regards to some stuff we purchased off his classified thread.

Like someone said, his funds have more then likely been withdrawn so even if paypal sides with us, we won't see anything.

Not sure how far you guys wanna go with this (LEGALLY). Personally I'm out $25, so I'm not that hosed. Still there's the principle of it and all.

I took the liberty to do some intelligence gathering. Not sure if you guys have done so already but here's my findings.

I did a whois on his domain and got this:

Steve
800 Skyline BLVD
Cape Coral, FL 33914
United States
computermedicllc@gmail.com
+239 549-2989

Google mapped came back as an empty field.

However I did a reverse look up on his phone and got this.

Billington, Steven
3324 SW 7 Pl
Cape Coral, FL 33914

I looked up the name and it matches the age and birthdate that he has down on his max.org profile.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:34 AM

nice going there on the info^^^....."skyline blvd"...that was def madeup.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
wants an I35

Originally Posted by Snypa
"skyline blvd"...that was def madeup.
lol

thats like living at 30 VQ street

cape coral is about 10 minutes from ft meyers. ill be heading over that way around christmas time, but i know for a fact there are a few maxima.org heads in that area.

i suggest posting in the SW regional thread for anyone who knows/lives close by to him.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Got Retrofit?

Good job on the info. LET'S GET HIM!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ROCKART
lol

thats like living at 30 VQ street

cape coral is about 10 minutes from ft meyers. ill be heading over that way around christmas time, but i know for a fact there are a few maxima.org heads in that area.

i suggest posting in the SW regional thread for anyone who knows/lives close by to him.
Does that mean I pwn you because I live at 35 VQ street?

All joking aside, I just wanted to say that people shouldn't be trying to go about this by showing up at his residence, certified mail will probably get to him faster anyways......
Old 11-10-2008, 04:27 PM

Skyline blvd is not an uncommon street name. It's usually a street where a city's skyline is visible
Old 11-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

it's the main street off the address I got. Anyone attempt to contact him yet?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 PM
boost me.....

I can't stand scam artists...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:42 PM

anybody still looking for this guy?? i found him again but he says he sent out all items. he has no records of any of the items he sent out though.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by tm96max
anybody still looking for this guy?? i found him again but he says he sent out all items. he has no records of any of the items he sent out though.
IMO, you should share any new contact info (address, email address, phone number etc) here so others could have a chance of contacting him as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Here is the website he owns: http://www.ltr450hq.net/index.php

screen name: Nukinfuts

I finally traced him down last fall. I registered and sent him pm's and emails and he would not respond. finally, i called him out on the board and finally got a response, of course. i even put a link to the maxima.org complaint thread which tells of his exploits. of course he denies all, says he sent all items out to everyone but cannot prove it, of course. then his site was shut down through last winter, and i noticed a bit ago that it is back up again. i have not tried again to call him out on his thefts.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:38 PM

my screen name is : steveowesmemoney hahaha

the site is pretty dead though, it did have more people last fall
Old 07-01-2009, 08:06 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Is this him?

http://www.myspace.com/gofoff

http://www.facebook.com/gofoff

http://www.jasonwestin.com/?page_id=2

Also goes by "Jason Westin"? Is "Jason Westin" some completely lame pen name for this guy?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Jesus christ what do you people want from me?? I told you months ago i'm not refunding anything. I sent everything that was owed out and the post office confirmed everything was delivered. Nothing ever came back to me.

I replied to paypal and was told the burden of proof was on me and the usps apparently isnt good enough for them. There was a few hundred bucks in my paypal account, and now its in the negatives.

So not only did everything go out but i lost every single penny and more that i would have made on the deal. I'm not going to send out more money when im already out the cash and the parts, it's just not going to happen.

I find it really suspicious that people got their parts from that same shipment and magically you didnt Troy. Then next thing you know all of a sudden a bunch of people didnt get their stuff once you start whining and the usps says you're all wrong.

It sucks, but i already got screwed twice so you guys ar eon your own with your scam.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:46 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

It probably makes you seem even more suspicious that you deleted/cancelled your Facebook and Myspace and took down your pen name site rather quickly after I posted the links
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 AM

if i did receive my part and failed in some conspiracy to "scam" you, why would i be so persistent at following up on this?

i was not the first to complain about not getting my part, i actually waited for over at least 1 month b4 even saying a thing. other started saying they did not get their stuff and then i started to worry. bring your paypal up to date and get my tracking number so we can find out what happened to the part, thats all i ask. i did all i could in calling paypal and usps, like you suggested i do, to get the tracking number with no results.

i'm really sure the ones who bought from you and did not receive their parts are all ganging up on you trying to all scam the same guy.... right.

btw, i signed up again on his web site forum and he banned me after 1 post. haha, like there is no way around that. don't worry i will not bother you again in your little world steve or jason or whatever your name is. i believe in karma, and if you did scam you will get yours someday, don't worry.

Last edited by tm96max; 07-05-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by James92SE
It probably makes you seem even more suspicious that you deleted/cancelled your Facebook and Myspace and took down your pen name site rather quickly after I posted the links
I deleted the myspace account over a week ago and the facebook a day later. I could give a **** less what you know about me. As for the pen name site i thought i had disabled the DB for that but i must have forgotten, and when i saw it was up i took care of it.

if i did receive my part and failed in some conspiracy to "scam" you, why would i be so persistent at following up on this?

i was not the first to complain about not getting my part, i actually waited for over at least 1 month b4 even saying a thing. other started saying they did not get their stuff and then i started to worry. bring your paypal up to date and get my tracking number so we can find out what happened to the part, thats all i ask. i did all i could in calling paypal and usps, like you suggested i do, to get the tracking number with no results.

i'm really sure the ones who bought from you and did not receive their parts are all ganging up on you trying to all scam the same guy.... right.

btw, i signed up again on his web site forum and he banned me after 1 post. haha, like there is no way around that. don't worry i will not bother you again in your little world steve or jason or whatever your name is. i believe in karma, and if you did scam you will get yours someday, don't worry.
Whatever you say dude. And yea i did a low level ban on you for annoying me. If i really wanted you out it's easy enough to do lol.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

You know what i don't honestly have the time to go back and forth. I'll tell you what you sit down with your little group os bs artists and you total up what it is you think i owe you each and post it up. We'll go from there so i dont have to hear about this dumb **** anymore.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nukinfuts
You know what i don't honestly have the time to go back and forth. I'll tell you what you sit down with your little group os bs artists and you total up what it is you think i owe you each and post it up. We'll go from there so i dont have to hear about this dumb **** anymore.
i have no idea who you owe or how much you owe to anyone else, nor is it any of my business. i do not even know any of the others who have posted in here about this matter. i do know and it is my business that i paid you $75 for a hitch that i never received and you cannot prove you even sent it by providing a tracking number so we can find it. so as far as i'm concerned it's $75.

i guess you do not want any of your pals on the ltr450hq.net board to know whats going on, so you deleted my post there. nice.

edit: oh yeah btw, i'd rather just find the hitch is so i can have it.

Last edited by tm96max; 07-05-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

>>edit: oh yeah btw, i'd rather just find the hitch is so i can have it.

Thats between you and the post office call them. I'll think about it for a few days, but i can tell you it wont be no $75 when i dont have the original payment or my part.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:35 PM

>>edit: oh yeah btw, i'd rather just find the hitch is so i can have it.

Thats between you and the post office call them. I'll think about it for a few days, but i can tell you it wont be no $75 when i dont have the original payment or my part.
i don't think this is the best way to solve this disagreement in a forum thread, but whatever.

i called the post office last fall already, without a tracking number there is no way to find this package, that is where you need to step up to the plate and deliver. they did tell me i have nothing waiting for me at my local post office, that's all they could tell me.

i do not know what you mean you do not have the original payment, i have the paypal receipt and dispute case emails telling me "We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account". i'm not sure what more there is to prove that i paid for this item.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i don't think this is the best way to solve this disagreement in a forum thread, but whatever.

i called the post office last fall already, without a tracking number there is no way to find this package, that is where you need to step up to the plate and deliver. they did tell me i have nothing waiting for me at my local post office, that's all they could tell me.

i do not know what you mean you do not have the original payment, i have the paypal receipt and dispute case emails telling me "We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account". i'm not sure what more there is to prove that i paid for this item.
All that information is held by paypal, which i cant access. Paypal took all the money, don't know what to tell you. Like i said, i'll think on it.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Paypal took all the money, don't know what to tell you. Like i said, i'll think on it.
Ya, sure.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 PM

IE: this guy is a d-bag and nobody is getting **** from him. count your losses and move on ppl.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Karma will eventually catch up to this dirt bag.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Talking about bringing a thread up from the dead!

This thread here has been a good source for some recent victims of this guy. Mr Steve Billingtons aka Nukinfuts latest escapade was ripping off a bunch of gun owners on some bogus Duracoating scam.

Enjoy the read......

http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f15/...llington-8371/

http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f15/...-reviews-6687/
Old 08-07-2012, 05:27 PM
^ Jeff™

Wow...nothing like angering a bunch of gun owners...lmao
Old 10-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Update, the date in the first pic is when his current case started but note the highlighted section from this partial screen shot from Orange County FLA court house....

Name:  thief.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  36.0 KB

Here's another partial screenshot from notes on court docket.........

Name:  thief2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  32.4 KB

Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 AM

pwnt