Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

BUYER BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 AM

BUYER BEWARE

I don't think I'll ever get my payment back from Schreiber117 (Jonathan)... He OK'd payment by Bank certified check and then he'd send used clutch. Pm'd me back two-weeks later (after repeated requests confirming him receiving $$)and said he couldn't cash a bank certified check and would send me the check back... at this point,I don't even want to discuss why his bank (I suppose he has an account!) won't honor the payment...I've NEVER had an issue with many,many purchases, even out of state! I have asked him several times to confirm that the check HAS been mailed...NO response! Contact with this guy has been pitiful and now, I'm doubting he'll ever make good...this is a FIRST for me on Maxima.org I have a full running PM file on this "transaction" and will do everything I can to let all .org members what they can expect from dealing with this "senior member".
Jonathan, your lack of courtesy (let alone honesty) SUCKS!
I'll be glad to edit/remove question of your honesty IF I ever get my money back!
Doug Parker/ packerz
Old 03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Administrator

That sucks Doug. How many weeks total has this fiasco been going?

On a side note, you should've put "Schreiber117" in your thread title. If Schreiber117 turns out to be a bad seller, this would warn future buyers more effectively.

Now we need to hear Schreiber117's explanation.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Doug, have you seen post #13??

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....226&highlight=
Old 03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

If the check was never cashed, then just have your bank put a stop payment on the check?

Btw, he left you feedback in your itrader saying the check was fraudulent.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
wants an I35

Originally Posted by Greeny
Btw, he left you feedback in your itrader saying the check was fraudulent.
rofl
Old 03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by ROCKART
rofl
Stay out of this thread unless you have something to contribute.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Play with my balls

Go to bank, stop payment, and get money back, done.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Packer-

PM me to try to resolve this.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:46 AM

I'll be GLAD to PM you! I am really "P.O'd" when Jonathan/Schreiber117 left a black mark on my 3-year/spotless trader record! The facts: I don't/won't use "paypal" for anything. I get permission from all sellers to take my bank certified check/cash it or deposit-let clear and THEN send me the part (I assume ALL the risk here!). I have been doing this for over three years with .org members, all over the U.S. with checks from same bank...with NO problem...EVER. The check WAS and still IS GOOD! Sun Trust Bank is one of the largest regional banks in the U.S. I have NO idea what the problem is in CA. The REAL problem is with a person that lacks courtesy and prompt communication with the other party...breeds mistrust on BOTH parties. Further, anyone who deliberately makes a false accusation of "fraud" in writing is subject to tort action... I'll be totally glad when I get my payment back (and spend $$ to cancel) and this is history..I have heard that he was sending (in his only responses to at least four requests for input) on February 29th and then again today. Sorry to rant, but this whole experience is pathetic, false and unreasonable for a senior member of Maxima.org. I don't accept Jonathan/schreiber117's falseclaims when I dealt in TOTAL honesty and good faith
Doug Parker/ packerZ
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 PM

This issue has been resolved... it was between you and I, if you couldn't reach me through PM's, you had my phone number, email, etc etc etc....

I use Citibank, yes I have an account, they marked the check as fraud, for my own safety, Im not going to force the issue on that.

Considering that you had multiple means of reaching me, I feel that opening a thread to slander my name/reputation is completely uncalled for.

Its 2008, scams and identity theft are HUGE!!! If my bank tells me the check has been redflagged as Fraud, I believe them.

I would ask you to delete this thread immediately!!! I said nothing malicious or untrue in our PMs, or on the itrader rating. I did not go dragging your name through the mud. I used the system that is in place to post my grievance.

Thank you,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

I am going to place this thread on hold while the situation is discussed via PMs. I will re-open, amend, or delete as appropriate.