Audio/Video/Electronics The ICE (in car electronics/entertainment) forum.

KY FS: MTX Thunder 400 4 Channel Amp TC4004

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 AM

FS: MTX Thunder 400 4 Channel Amp TC4004

The amp is about 4 years old but worked perfectly when I removed it from service about a year ago. It's a Thunder 400, 4 channel amp and it hits pretty good. I had it hooked up to a single RF 12" and my rear 6"s in my previous car. I also had a small fan hooked up in my trunk to help circulate some air so it never overheated. Asking $90.00 shipped, OBO. I do not have the remote gain. Here's some specs I found for it:

Overview: The MTX TC4004 is a 4 channel amp which is rated at 50 watts x 4 channels at 4ohm or 200 watts x 2 channels at 4ohm bridged designed to power the full-range speakers and/or subwoofers in your system.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The CEA 2006 compliance ensures the power of this amplifier is measured according to strict standard dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association.
Pure N-Channel V-FET Technology: The MTX TC4004 is a class A/B amp that uses Pure N-Channel V-FET technology which offers the best design for multi-channel amplifiers. This design makes the output stage of the amplifier more efficient and gives you more usable power from the amp.
Remote Subwoofer Control: The remote subwoofer control allow you to fine tune the bass from the driver's position. This is not a gain control, this is a level control. The level control will attenuate the amp or increase its output to the level of the gain setting. The control is helpful when adjusting bass output between different music sources and tracks.
Gain Control: The objective of the gain adjustment is to match the output of your receiver with the input of this amplifier giving you distortion free sound.
4 channel or 2 channel mode: You can select the amp to run in 4-channel mode or 2-channel mode by a push of a button. When the button is pushed in, the amp is in 2-channel mode and when the button is pushed out, it is in 4-channel mode.
Separate Front and Rear Channel Controls: The amplifier has separate gain, crossover and bass boost controls for the front and rear channels making the amplifier versatile enough to run full-range and subwoofers at the same time off of the amp's separate channels.

Crossover Selection: The amplifier has built-in high-pass/low-pass filters that can either be selected to high-pass, low-pass or bypassed all together for full-range use.
  • High-Pass (HP): In this mode the amplifier will be devoted to midrange and speakers.
  • Low-Pass (LP): In this mode the amplifier will be used to drive subwoofers.
  • Full Range (FR): In this mode the amplifier is used as a full-range amp.
Crossover Frequency: Both the high-pass and low-pass sections offer continuously adjustable crossover frequencies between 40Hz and 350Hz. Adjust these settings according to your speakers specifications or your listening preference.
Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a bass boost control that allows you to select a boost level between 0db and +18dB at 40Hz to enhance the bass performance of your sound system.
Speaker Level Input: The amp comes with a speaker-level input harness. Once you splice the speaker wires from 2 channels of the receiver to the harness, you have plug-in convenience to the amplifier. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Sum Out: The amplifier has an RCA output that allows you to send an audio signal to another amplifier instead of having to run another set of RCAs back to your head-unit.
Performance Certificate: MTX tests each amplifier, and the technician records the "actual" power output on the Thunder Amplifier Performance Certificate included with each amp. The amp must meet or exceed the rated specification in order to leave the factory.
Inputs and Outputs Notes

Right Side of Amplifier:
  • +BATT (Power): set screw terminal for use with 4-gauge wire
  • GND (Ground): set screw terminal for use with 4-gauge wire
  • Remote: set screw terminal for use with wire up to 8-gauge
  • Fuses: two 30-amp blade fuses
  • Speaker Outputs: 4 pair of set screw terminals for use with wire up to 8-gauge
Left Side of Amplifier:
  • RCA Inputs: two pair of RCA inputs for receiving audio signal from your receiver's output
  • Speaker Input: two 4-pin jacks for supplied speaker level input adapters
  • Remote Gain: mini-jack input for remote gain control
  • Sum Out: one RCA Output to send an audio signal to another amplifier

Last edited by officerfrasher; 04-28-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM

Good luck with the sale man. It would probably help posting some pics so that people know what they are buying
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Good luck with the sale man. It would probably help posting some pics so that people know what they are buying
Yup. Pics posted!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:36 PM

Amp is being listed on eBay. If you're interested at all, SEND ME AN OFFER! I really want to sell this thing! I'm saving for a Racingline Y-Pipe.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:11 PM

MAKE AN OFFER!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Bump! Send me an offer if interested!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:26 PM

Amp still for sale!

Last edited by officerfrasher; 04-28-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 PM

BUMP! $90 SHIPPED, MAKE AN OFFER!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 PM

Bump
Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Bump
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM

Sale pending!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Sold!