Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Dynaudio this, Dynaudio that...who cares?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Sports Button FTW

Dynaudio this, Dynaudio that...who cares?

I DO! After years of waiting (2 weeks but it felt like years), I am finally in music bliss. Still in the 'breaking in' stage but definitely hear the difference.
Before I continue, I must give special thanks to my two favorite installers, Don (pearl96max) and Nilesh (djfreestyl). Both did an amazing job on my car with very limited time and although I have watched them do work on multiple occassions, I will never mimic their quality of work.

Now onto the goodies!
**WARNING, numerous pics so it will take multiple posts to complete**

Got these bad boys added in (Dynaudio 362 3 way system and Tru s44 amp and ssld6 line driver

Old 06-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Sports Button FTW

And as the saying goes, BIGGER IS BETTER!

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT CROSS OVER!

8" mids, compared to Focal 6.5" mids and my mogul 6800 pda phone
Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
tastey wheat

looks good, but wrong sec bud!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Sports Button FTW

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I call this the triple threat. Tweet is Ray Allen, 3" mid is Paul Pierce and the new big man sitting in the door is Kevin Garnett. When put together, they cant be beat!

I came from a 2 way Focal system and upgraded to the 3 ways. Honestly speaking, the Focals do not sound bad at all. They get descently loud and are pretty clear. However, this new set is still in break in period, volumes are kept descently low right now but I can tell a big difference. The kick panel speakers sound great, just as i was told, the imaging is brilliant from below. Its not a shouting in the ear type sound, but more an engulfment of sound. With this new system, tones just stand out. Things you probably heard in the past just sound better. Background noises, people saying things in the background, everything is magnified you can say.

My 8" mid....definitely does a great job of feeding your bass needs. I have an L7 in the trunk (dont laugh at my SPL sub) that I have been dieing to use with this system. Don forced me to disconnect and take a listen without it. You definitely appreciate this system when you listen to it without any other distractions. My testing will continue.

I am cheap. I have been complaining about the price of this system since I got it. After my first listen, I have been smiling and do not regret a single penny spent.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by mendon99
looks good, but wrong sec bud!
thats what happens when you are too excited . Can someone please move to audio section?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:15 PM
tastey wheat

lol, we've all done it.

glad you're happy, if i had the money Id def step up to a higher end comp set than what i currently have. congrats
Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Nice, will see the pics later.

Glad you are happy with them.

Mr. Front runner.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Sports Button FTW

Ok, Don owes me gas money. I havent driven this much since I had a supercharger. I'm 100% happy with this system. Vocals are amazing, when I say they magnify all the little things, I mean they really magnify the little things. The violins, sounds in the background you normally dont pay much attention to are now highlighted better. My mids....

you know why I like them so much? Some songs I listen to them and I feel like they may have a little too much bass. As I continue to listen and they break in better, they sound a lot better. Strong bass and clean/clear bass, very accurate. I want to use my sub but they seem to fulfill my needs. I cant wait until I am able to really blast this system and see its full potential.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Wait til ya finish it off with another amp and new sub !
Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by meccanoble
Ok, Don owes me gas money. I havent driven this much since I had a supercharger. I'm 100% happy with this system. Vocals are amazing, when I say they magnify all the little things, I mean they really magnify the little things. The violins, sounds in the background you normally dont pay much attention to are now highlighted better. My mids....

you know why I like them so much? Some songs I listen to them and I feel like they may have a little too much bass. As I continue to listen and they break in better, they sound a lot better. Strong bass and clean/clear bass, very accurate. I want to use my sub but they seem to fulfill my needs. I cant wait until I am able to really blast this system and see its full potential.
Wait till it all breaks in, the definition in the sound, and the detail is just fantastic. You made the right choice. Now after the deal you got from Don, you want him to pay your gas money?

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Wait til ya finish it off with another amp and new sub !
Mecca's thread is makin me ITCH to get the 360's in!!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 PM

So then scratch that itch foo !
Old 06-27-2008, 05:14 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Got to wait for your schedule to open up
Old 06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice going there
Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
Got to wait for your schedule to open up
You lemme know when and Ill see how available it is...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:57 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

We already discussed that! haha. Thursday night, as late as you're willing to start. Afternoon/mid-afternoon/evening. Anything.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:44 AM

I thought you meant you wanted it done earlier now ...
Old 06-28-2008, 09:10 AM

nice stuff! parag been pushing me to get a set as well...
Old 06-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Sports Button FTW

Probably got 7-8 hours of listening in like 4 days lol. No back speakers, no sub, if anyone wants to take a listen when fully broken in, they are welcome. Just need my original head unit back and I think Im golden.

I found something new!!!

Ok, so I'm listening to Luther Vandross - Dance with my father again. During the chorus, I did not know that they clap during the chorus with a pattern. With all the systems I've listened to, I never caught that, or maybe it was never highlighted. Lol, I'm going through old cd's just to look for what I've missed while I patiently wait to BLAST MY SYSTEM Further updates and findings will be posted.

The only thing I hate (i dont hate but its the only negative thing I can think of with this system) is after a full day of listening to music, my window comes down a little. not enough to let rain in but enough to hear. (but what do you expect with good bass in the doors? )
Old 06-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Black Lion

Probably got 7-8 hours of listening in like 4 days lol. No back speakers, no sub, if anyone wants to take a listen when fully broken in, they are welcome. Just need my original head unit back and I think Im golden.

I found something new!!!

Ok, so I'm listening to Luther Vandross - Dance with my father again. During the chorus, I did not know that they clap during the chorus with a pattern. With all the systems I've listened to, I never caught that, or maybe it was never highlighted. Lol, I'm going through old cd's just to look for what I've missed while I patiently wait to BLAST MY SYSTEM Further updates and findings will be posted.

The only thing I hate (i dont hate but its the only negative thing I can think of with this system) is after a full day of listening to music, my window comes down a little. not enough to let rain in but enough to hear. (but what do you expect with good bass in the doors? )
Sounds great I cant wait to get mine put in. What did Nelish help with in the install? How long did it take for you guys to do the job? what do you mean about the windows? they atually drop from the vibration of the bass?
Old 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Black Lion

kick panels

Those kick panels came out sick by the way. Is that color of your interior stock? white right? You have a pic of the mid in the door finished with the grill installed?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by maxprivate
Those kick panels came out sick by the way. Is that color of your interior stock? white right? You have a pic of the mid in the door finished with the grill installed?
every second I get I find my self remote starting my car just so the system can run....dam break in period, taking too long. My stock color is beige/cream, not white. I think Don did a great job of cleaning those kick panels and made them look white lol.

The mids in the door fit like stock when the door panel is on. Nothing special or different, you would never tell I had them in there until you heard the music. And yes the vibration is so strong it makes my window slide down a little. its not instant but you listen for a good ride with your window up and dont be surprised if you see a crack at the top.

Nilesh actually assisted with the amp install, mounting, splitting power, a lot of the work involved in the back. I under estimated the work involved. It definitely took a good amount of hours with both of them working on the car but it was worth the wait. I upgraded from a descent aftermarket system and not only do i feel the difference but I'm super happy. You are upgrading from a stock system? If you ever thought about getting a sub, you will definitely like these...
Old 06-28-2008, 07:20 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

I thought you meant you wanted it done earlier now ...
I wish I could .

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
nice stuff! parag been pushing me to get a set as well...
Do it!b
Old 06-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Black Lion

every second I get I find my self remote starting my car just so the system can run....dam break in period, taking too long. My stock color is beige/cream, not white. I think Don did a great job of cleaning those kick panels and made them look white lol.

The mids in the door fit like stock when the door panel is on. Nothing special or different, you would never tell I had them in there until you heard the music. And yes the vibration is so strong it makes my window slide down a little. its not instant but you listen for a good ride with your window up and dont be surprised if you see a crack at the top.

Nilesh actually assisted with the amp install, mounting, splitting power, a lot of the work involved in the back. I under estimated the work involved. It definitely took a good amount of hours with both of them working on the car but it was worth the wait. I upgraded from a descent aftermarket system and not only do i feel the difference but I'm super happy. You are upgrading from a stock system? If you ever thought about getting a sub, you will definitely like these...
Nice! he did a heck of a job they look white in the pic lol and they definitely look awesome. I have the same a similar setup on order by the way, Im only waiting for the AVN and I should get it by Monday according to Don. Im hoping to get it installed this week.( Don where are you !! ) So did you install the grill cover once the door was put back on? and it looks stock? Don had sent me some pics but none of them were with the grill installed.

Yeah Im upgrading from an 11 year old stock bose lol so I know Im in for a treat. How long is the break in period? and does this period require you to keep the volume at a certain level? Just curious... why did you have Don do only the mounting of the speakers and Nilesh mount the amps and do the wiring? How and where did you mount your amp. I definitely don't want it sitting on the floor in the trunk. I want to keep the trunk space clear ,I would like to mount mine on the left side corner trunk space like this with a piece of plexi glass. You have any pics of how yours was installed?

Last edited by maxprivate; 06-28-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Sports Button FTW

its all about time management. I needed a simple setup for amp install, just mounted on back seat. Amps are easier to install I guess. Big project involved with the speakers, I felt more comfortable with Don doing them even though i am very confident in Nilesh ability to do them. Break in period? WAY TOO LONG. I was told 10 hours, some say longer. Run at moderate level, not too loud. If you hear speakers popping, I guess you can say its too loud, need to be broken in more. I am running upper 40's, sometimes find myself in low 50's but not past that.

Any type of setup you want, it can be done but the more custom or appealing, the longer it will take. I am not showing off my car and dont have use for trunk space like that so it didnt matter to me where it went, as long as it was installed. Plus you can always move things later.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:43 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

its all about time management. I needed a simple setup for amp install, just mounted on back seat. Amps are easier to install I guess. Big project involved with the speakers, I felt more comfortable with Don doing them even though i am very confident in Nilesh ability to do them. Break in period? WAY TOO LONG. I was told 10 hours, some say longer. Run at moderate level, not too loud. If you hear speakers popping, I guess you can say its too loud, need to be broken in more. I am running upper 40's, sometimes find myself in low 50's but not past that.

Any type of setup you want, it can be done but the more custom or appealing, the longer it will take. I am not showing off my car and dont have use for trunk space like that so it didnt matter to me where it went, as long as it was installed. Plus you can always move things later.
Try 100 hours for Dyn's, sir.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 PM

Who said 10hrs ?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

You know Mecca, he's got to make stuff up.. LOL.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Black Lion

Damn that's a long break in period 100hrs.. oh well have to deal with it I guess. I am having Don do mine do the fact that I have seen his work and he's done them several times. I was just wondering why you had Don do one thing and someone else the other,but I hear ya on the time management being a factor. As for the amp mounting I guess I want to just see that beauty there when eva I pop my trunk open rather than having it sit in the back where I can't see it or sitting behind a Sub. Im not in to shows or anything either its just a preference
Old 06-29-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by maxprivate
Damn that's a long break in period 100hrs.. oh well have to deal with it I guess. I am having Don do mine do the fact that I have seen his work and he's done them several times. I was just wondering why you had Don do one thing and someone else the other,but I hear ya on the time management being a factor. As for the amp mounting I guess I want to just see that beauty there when eva I pop my trunk open rather than having it sit in the back where I can't see it or sitting behind a Sub. Im not in to shows or anything either its just a preference
Because two people working on the same thing at the same time is not very productive or efficient. Im thinking your reading a bit too far into this two seperate areas thing bud ..
Old 06-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Sports Button FTW

Because two people working on the same thing at the same time is not very productive or efficient. Im thinking your reading a bit too far into this two seperate areas thing bud ..
yea exactly. Trust me I would never want to bother Nilesh if I didnt have to. I was being impatient and Nilesh was just being a good friend.

100 hours?! omfg. I told myself 10 hours in hope that it would come true. Jeez man, I can probably get an hour a day. That means 100 days, or 3 months...I just put roughly 4 hours today. Bout to go heavy these next few days....
Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 PM

I was told 10 hours
I told myself 10 hours in hope that it would come true.

Funny stuff right there !
Old 06-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Black Lion

Nah not at all just asking why he had him do one part and you the other. Anyhow it doesn't matter. You never answered my email on your schedule for this week.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Huh? What email?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Black Lion

Huh? What email?
Strange you didn't get it? I sent you one asking what else besides the Avn we were waiting for and what your schedule looked like for the week. Im free mon to thur after work. I wanna at least have the Avn put in before Fri . Let me know.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 PM

How does it sound when you have them faced into the pedals vs have a fiber kick panel facing to you ! I have mine facing me with the same speakers and it sounds awesome !

Please let me know!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 PM

IMO they perform better off axis...
Old 06-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Sports Button FTW

i have never heard this setup outside the way that i have them now. Even burnurass has them in kick panels facing away from the face. I thought the purpose of having them down there avoids having them shout AT you versus surrounding you? but i follow Don's opinion lol.

Last edited by meccanoble; 06-30-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Mine go in tomorrow night
Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by nismos14
Mine go in tomorrow night

My 8" nobeliums go in whenever the f-ing bastards at Eclipse stop toying around and release more 7200s.....Last year it was the stupid dash kit and now it's the HU (I can't win)........pathetic
Old 07-02-2008, 12:45 PM

Looks good! I am def. jealous, I have a friend who owns a high-end audio shop and have ridden in a couple dynaudio prepped cars and the sound is absolutely amazing. There is nothing I have ever heard like it ever, simply amazing!

Quick Reply: Dynaudio this, Dynaudio that...who cares?