Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Assistance Required: HU Not Functioning

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:27 PM
enthuzed.........

Assistance Required: HU Not Functioning

So my Bose deck died......aka wont turn on anymore....Before she died, it would temporarily turn on and off based on the level of sound. I cranked it to the roof one time and that was the end of my sound.

Bought an AVIC-D3X, installed with the Metra harness (70-7551) ....did not work. Found another power source (power outlet) to hook it up temporarily so that the NAV works.

My installer tells me that there isn't anything coming through the stock radio harness. No power, speakers don't work, nothing.

We checked all of the fuses and everything is proper except for the fact that there was a 20A fuse where in the fuse box, where it states that a 15A should be present. Also my horn stopped working, it also has a 20A were a 15A should be present.

Vehicle is an 01 SE 5 Spd.

Any insight would be amazing. Driving in silence isn't the best thing in the world.

Appreciate any assistance.

Best regards,

Raakesh

Last edited by resurrectedmax; 03-10-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Is there any main fuse under the hood that links to this? It seems that with a new HU the possibility of frying the factory went by the wayside, since the new one doesn't work either.

If you have the Bose speakers (I'm assuming so), the question then becomes are these fused individually elsewhere (since they're amplified individually)--and is this tied to the horn in some wacky way?

Maybe not much help, just giving you some possible paths to explore.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:07 PM

Time to pull all of that bose junk out and replace it anyways!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:56 AM
enthuzed.........

Originally Posted by pikers
Is there any main fuse under the hood that links to this? It seems that with a new HU the possibility of frying the factory went by the wayside, since the new one doesn't work either.

If you have the Bose speakers (I'm assuming so), the question then becomes are these fused individually elsewhere (since they're amplified individually)--and is this tied to the horn in some wacky way?

Maybe not much help, just giving you some possible paths to explore.
Thanks for your reply gents.

There is a main fuse, its fine. I don't think that they're tied to the horn, but they are located right beside each other on the fuse box.

Do you think that the amp supplies everything to all of these wires? i think not. Seems as though the wiring diagram in the FSM states that power goes from the battery to the amp, sub and deck separately.

Originally Posted by machinehead
Time to pull all of that bose junk out and replace it anyways!
There is this underlying issue that i'd like resolved prior to taking that step. My horn still doesn't work and as mush as i'd like to replace everything with awesomeness, i cant right now...
Old 03-19-2008, 08:40 PM

i replied to some other thread about the AVIC D3X package but ill respond the same here too. i have installed the D3x package myself on my 07. it took me a while but it was well worth it. anyway in responce to ur issue my suggestion is to replace all of your bose equipment speakers an all, each speaker is indiviually amplified. i would remove it all the replace the speakers, the stock bose system is over rated anyway. the horn has a fuse i believe but how it ties inot the system i have no idea. i wish i could be of more assistance. if anyone else has any questions such as the proper bypass (not adding a switch) or tapping the reverse gear or VSS in there 07's feel free to PM me.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 AM
enthuzed.........

Originally Posted by brnxv8
i replied to some other thread about the AVIC D3X package but ill respond the same here too. i have installed the D3x package myself on my 07. it took me a while but it was well worth it. anyway in responce to ur issue my suggestion is to replace all of your bose equipment speakers an all, each speaker is indiviually amplified. i would remove it all the replace the speakers, the stock bose system is over rated anyway. the horn has a fuse i believe but how it ties inot the system i have no idea. i wish i could be of more assistance. if anyone else has any questions such as the proper bypass (not adding a switch) or tapping the reverse gear or VSS in there 07's feel free to PM me.
nice plug.

and i reiterate: There is this underlying issue that i'd like resolved prior to taking that step.

i currently have about 5 people trying to source an engine room harness for me. pretty sure some wires have corroded into each other

thanks for your help thus far org.