Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Eclipse CD7100 Random Songs options

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:32 AM

Eclipse CD7100 Random Songs options

Ok still playing around with getting all my music organized. After rating all my music and crap I finally got everything on my USB drive. I already noticed that using MP3 CD that random kinda sucked as when I hit the forward/next button it would go to the next song and not a next random song. Ok what ever I just hit random twice them to skip. Hook up the USB and find that the random button only does random for that Folder. Anybody else know another way around this. Between this issue and there not being subwoofer controls on this thing I probably would not have bought an eclipse. That defeats the whole purpose of me using the USB to get some variety so hopefully somebody has some suggestions.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

You could use the non-fade to adjust the sub if you are in 4sp+sw mode.

I wasn't able to get it to work with multiple folders how does the hierarchy work?

_Eclipse (folder)
.._Music (folder)
.... _ Folder 1
.... _ Folder 2
.... _ Folder 3
?

I don't really use the random function so never had an issue. I'll mess around with it.

Does your USB make some noises when you have it hooked up and playing?

I know the full track name doesn't show.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:06 PM

Ok I played with it today and got lucky. If I hold down the random button it then goes to all-random and when I hit next track within X seconds it goes random again but if it's in the middle of the song it goes to the next one. Seems to show the names and no noise on anything I had to play with it a bit to get the names to show up not sure how i did it just by accident. I've got it setup as
root/
root/Folder1
root/Folder2

Only thing I don't like it reverts back to CD everytime I start the car. As for the sub I'm just gonna have to use the stupid remote base control that I couldn't figure out why anybody would ever need since I thought almost all HU's have sub controls now days.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:00 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Damn so you even got the full title to show?!?! lol ALOT of people wanna know how/why. Thats weird for some reason mine won't read the folders... I guess maybe there can only beone folder with multiple folders embedded inside.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM

Yeah it pops up the mp3 file name first then jumps over to the full song title from the tag. Sometimes when jumping folders using the "down" button it will say the artist but when I use the mode button and use the wheel to jump through songs and folders it says file names that don't make alot of sense. Eclipse is definately alot different than any other HU I've ever played with whever it be alpine, pioneer or sony. Doesn't seem to be as intuitive as you'd like. Doesn't seem to make alot of sense, but hey it sounds good as hell so what do ya do.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 AM

I'm having problems with my CD7100 not ejecting the CD. It's been like this for a day
Old 08-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Have you tried resetting the unit? Also, make sure you are not using any cd's with labels on them.