Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Infinity Basslink install Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 01:07 PM

Infinity Basslink install Question

I am getting ready to install a Basslink in a 2000 Maxima w/Bose. Do these instructions apply to a 2000 with the Bose system? Is there a better/easier way to do this?

http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...=143972&page=9

Thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 04:55 PM

Can anyone respond to this? I am staring at this thing and want to install it

Thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 06:34 PM

Yes, theres quite a bit of info I would change if I was installing this in a bose equipped, automatic maxima.

First of all, do everything from the rear of the car forward. Itll go a lot faster and easier this way. Connect the wires to the basslink, mount it, and start running wires under panels. Run the RCA and Remote turn on up to the Bose sub on the rear deck. For the RCA's/line output converter, tap both positives of the converter into the positive of the bose sub, and both negatives of the converter into the negative of the bose sub. (note, you need to tap into these wires after they run through the amp, not before then) Connect the Remote turn on to the thicker wire that powers the bose amp. So now all you have left is ground and power. Ground you can either screw somewhere after scraping the paint off, or do it to a seatbelt bolt or other bolt. Now run your power up the drivers side under the door sills, and drill a hole in the firewall up where the clutch would be. Put a grommet in the hole you drill, run the power wire into the engine bay, and hook it up (with an inline fuse) to the positive battery terminal. And your done!

-kevin
Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 PM

Run the RCA and Remote turn on up to the Bose sub on the rear deck.
I have RCA cables and speaker level cables that came with the basslink, but do I need to even bother line output converter and RCA cables? Can't i just run the speaker level inputs and tap into the subwoofer? What advantage is there in going from RCA to speaker level instead of just using speaker level for the whole thing?

For the RCA's/line output converter, tap both positives of the converter into the positive of the bose sub, and both negatives of the converter into the negative of the bose sub.
Can i Just buy 1 2 channel line level converter and use a Y connecter to run all 4 RCA cables thru, or do i have to buy 2 converters?

Anyone have a wiring diagram of the 2000 bose sub?

Ground, remote, power, fuse I've done before.. Just never hooked up a non-rca system.

Thanks for the advice
Old 05-20-2005, 07:32 PM

Ive never had good luck in terms of sound quality with high level input.

The said converter above is 2 channel, a left and a right. Each of those however have a positive and a negative. If you hook this up to the mids/highs amp instead of the sub, you obviously wont get as much bass because of the frequencies at which theyre crossed over.

A 9 volt battery (to test + and -) and a multimeter will become your best friends when you do some more installs.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:40 PM

It completey depends on the quality of the converter in the amp on whether or not it will sound better going speaker level or low level inputs. I say, try the speaker level inputs [especially since this is only for bass]. If you don't like the sound of it, go with the RCA's.

dh
Old 05-22-2005, 08:51 AM

I used the speaker level inputs and got it hooked up. As far as the quality.. It is a definite improvement over stock. No where near as strong as my previous JL audio setups, but better than a bazooka tube. All in all, good bang for the buck for about $225 off ebay.

Thanks for the advice