Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maintenance, Tech, & Care > Audio and Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceVendorsUsed CarsGarage TSB & Recalls
Search

Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.
Sponsored by:
Click Here

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 501
Python alarm not working anymore...

I don't know why but I didn't use my car for a week and then, the alarm didn't work anymore...the red led in the car is like always on but not blinking. And when I try using the remote, it doesn't respond. Try the starter, doesn't work, try the alarm, doesn't work, try to unlock the doors, doesn't work... What's the problem? Is it the remote or the alarm? Can it be only a loose wire or something? I really want to get my alarm work again.
Max-2-GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
Boosted?....

 
EteRnity059's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
iTrader: (18)
Posts: 1,393
Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to EteRnity059
Re: Python alarm not working anymore...

Quote:
Originally posted by Max-2-GTR
I don't know why but I didn't use my car for a week and then, the alarm didn't work anymore...the red led in the car is like always on but not blinking. And when I try using the remote, it doesn't respond. Try the starter, doesn't work, try the alarm, doesn't work, try to unlock the doors, doesn't work... What's the problem? Is it the remote or the alarm? Can it be only a loose wire or something? I really want to get my alarm work again.
Umm... You may have disabled the alarm without knowing it. Do you have a valet switch? If so, turn the key to acc and hit the valet switch a couple of times and you should see you alarm activate. I know with my viper alarm, there is a sequence code on my remote that can deactivate my alarm. Sometimes, by chance the remote in my pants will punch in that sequence. <--- Man I can just hear the jokes now...
EteRnity059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
Boosted?....

 
EteRnity059's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
iTrader: (18)
Posts: 1,393
Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to EteRnity059
Re: Python alarm not working anymore...

Quote:
Originally posted by Max-2-GTR
I don't know why but I didn't use my car for a week and then, the alarm didn't work anymore...the red led in the car is like always on but not blinking. And when I try using the remote, it doesn't respond. Try the starter, doesn't work, try the alarm, doesn't work, try to unlock the doors, doesn't work... What's the problem? Is it the remote or the alarm? Can it be only a loose wire or something? I really want to get my alarm work again.
EteRnity059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 10:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 5,810
your in Valet mode

Ant
ny96max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 10:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 501
Does anybody knows exactly how to get out of this valet mode?
Max-2-GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 11:57 PM   #6
Boosted?....

 
EteRnity059's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
iTrader: (18)
Posts: 1,393
Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to EteRnity059
Quote:
Originally posted by Max-2-GTR
Does anybody knows exactly how to get out of this valet mode?
You have to find your valet switch. It's a little black button that is usually installed in an hidden area in your car. Some people install it in the fuse panel, some put it need the dead pedal. You cannot get out of valet mode unless you find this button or know the sequence code on your remote. If and when you find it.

Turn you key to Acc and push the valet buttom several times until dash lights flash. Some models you may have to push and hold for about 5 secs

THe flashes confirm that you are out of valet mode.

Take the key out and try to arm the alarm. If it doesn't work, try it again.

I hope this helps
EteRnity059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally posted by EteRnity059


You have to find your valet switch. It's a little black button that is usually installed in an hidden area in your car. Some people install it in the fuse panel, some put it need the dead pedal. You cannot get out of valet mode unless you find this button or know the sequence code on your remote. If and when you find it.

Turn you key to Acc and push the valet buttom several times until dash lights flash. Some models you may have to push and hold for about 5 secs

THe flashes confirm that you are out of valet mode.

Take the key out and try to arm the alarm. If it doesn't work, try it again.

I hope this helps
Ok, I think I've found the valet switch but the problem is that there are two switches. I've tried both without success. The dash lights don't flash either I try to press several time each button or I try to hold them down. There's one switch that doesn't seem to do anything (? nothing happens when pressed) and another one that after pressing several times, the alarm goes on for about 3 sec and then goes off..but nothing happens after
Max-2-GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:33 PM   #8
Boosted?....

 
EteRnity059's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
iTrader: (18)
Posts: 1,393
Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76 Points: 13,910, Level: 76
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to EteRnity059
Quote:
Originally posted by Max-2-GTR


Ok, I think I've found the valet switch but the problem is that there are two switches. I've tried both without success. The dash lights don't flash either I try to press several time each button or I try to hold them down. There's one switch that doesn't seem to do anything (? nothing happens when pressed) and another one that after pressing several times, the alarm goes on for about 3 sec and then goes off..but nothing happens after
Hmm... which one has wires connected to it. Sometimes people put a fake valet switch too. I dunno. The switch that is doing something should be the one you are focusing on. It sounds like you are already out of valet mode. As long as the alarm can arm itself, you should be set. Take the key out of the ignition and try to arm you alarm via remote. If it works, you are done. If not, put the key back in acc and press the button again. My dash light light up, but not everybodies alarms are wired to the dash. Just go over the steps i gave you previously and anytime something happens when you push those switches, you need to take you key out and try to arm your alarm. IF it works, the everything is all good. Let me know if you need any more help.
EteRnity059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:12 PM   #9
I tend to get a bit irritable

 
Pearl96Max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central Jersey
iTrader: (151)
Posts: 17,633
Points: 29,791, Level: 99
Points: 29,791, Level: 99 Points: 29,791, Level: 99 Points: 29,791, Level: 99
Activity: 0.9%
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Send a message via AIM to Pearl96Max
If there is two switches, then Im guessing you have remote start? One would be a toggle switch and the other a black momentary button? If so...the black button is Valet/programing, the toggle is the remote start override. To take it out of valet press 1-2-1 or Lock-Unlock-Lock on the remote0 WITH a door open. Although IF it is in Valet the keyless entry and starter would still work.

--Don
__________________
Clifford remote start GD

My 4550 lb SUV is faster than your 14 sec VQ


DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
Brax Matrix MX4 ..Dynaudio Esotar 1200 X 2
Brax Matrix MX4 ..Dynaudio Esotar 110 and 430
..Dynaudio Esotar 650
Straightwire,Stealth Cables,Cascade,Clifford,

Pearl96Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl96Max
If there is two switches, then Im guessing you have remote start? One would be a toggle switch and the other a black momentary button? If so...the black button is Valet/programing, the toggle is the remote start override. To take it out of valet press 1-2-1 or Lock-Unlock-Lock on the remote0 WITH a door open. Although IF it is in Valet the keyless entry and starter would still work.

--Don
Alright! I got it to work! thx a lot man and thx eternity059 for helping me find the valet switch, but the led is still always on though...
Max-2-GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:51 AM   #11
What's next!?..
 
JPMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edison, NJ
iTrader: (10)
Posts: 1,282

I've had a Python for years now. Not to sound like an expert, but this is how mine works. - Might depend on who installs it..who knows. -

To put the alarm in valet mode:
1. Put key in ignition and turn to acc(or start engine)then turn to off position. Immediately hold down the valet button for 3-5 seconds. The red led will come on and stay on. Constant light means Valet mode.

To turn off valet mode:
Repeat step 1 above. The led should go off. The alarm is now in normal mode. When you close the door and press button 1 on the remote to lock the doors and arm the alarm, the led should start blinking.

Other option: Learned this from taking the battery out a few times while working in the engine bay.

You could also just try reseting the alarm by taking the negative battery wire off for a few seconds. Even if the car is in valet mode at the time, taking the battery wire off always resets it to normal mode.
__________________
1995 Black Emerald GXE



Warpspeed Y-pipe, Carsound Cat, B-pipe /w resonator, stock muffler = The sweetest sound
KYB GR-2 struts, Maxspeed springs, FSTB, RS Limix wheels, Progress RSB, eBay FSTB

250,000 miles and still cruisin' strong..
JPMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:35 PM   #12
I tend to get a bit irritable

 
Pearl96Max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central Jersey
iTrader: (151)
Posts: 17,633
Points: 29,791, Level: 99
Points: 29,791, Level: 99 Points: 29,791, Level: 99 Points: 29,791, Level: 99
Activity: 0.9%
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Send a message via AIM to Pearl96Max
Quote:
Originally posted by JPMax
I've had a Python for years now. Not to sound like an expert, but this is how mine works. - Might depend on who installs it..who knows. -

To put the alarm in valet mode:
1. Put key in ignition and turn to acc(or start engine)then turn to off position. Immediately hold down the valet button for 3-5 seconds. The red led will come on and stay on. Constant light means Valet mode.

To turn off valet mode:
Repeat step 1 above. The led should go off. The alarm is now in normal mode. When you close the door and press button 1 on the remote to lock the doors and arm the alarm, the led should start blinking.

Other option: Learned this from taking the battery out a few times while working in the engine bay.

You could also just try reseting the alarm by taking the negative battery wire off for a few seconds. Even if the car is in valet mode at the time, taking the battery wire off always resets it to normal mode.
Valet can also be entered by doing the 1-2-1 trick with the door open, this is referred to as remote valet. As for disconecting the battery...this hasnt worked on Viper/Python alarms for several years. When they developed "Rapid Resume Logic" that died. When the battery is disconnected then reconnected the alarm will resume whatever stage it was in.

--Don
__________________
Clifford remote start GD

My 4550 lb SUV is faster than your 14 sec VQ


DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
Brax Matrix MX4 ..Dynaudio Esotar 1200 X 2
Brax Matrix MX4 ..Dynaudio Esotar 110 and 430
..Dynaudio Esotar 650
Straightwire,Stealth Cables,Cascade,Clifford,

Pearl96Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:35 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


 




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Maxima.org Forums Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Frequently Asked Questions on the Forums Search Find other members Registration is free! Support Maxima.org! Receive perks and benefits by donating to Maxima.org Questions? Comments?  Suggestions? Contact Us! Visit our Sponsors View and submit Maxima events Log Out of Maxima.org
Emails Backup

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2