Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Rattlin' with the Stealthbox...Dynamat help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 06:52 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Rattlin' with the Stealthbox...Dynamat help

So this weekend I finally took the stealthbox out and dynamatted pretty much everything behind it (all panels, underneath it, both sides of that one metal panel) with Dynamat Extreme. Not the neatest job, but not bad either.

The problem is that things are still rattling. Now I know I have more dynamatting to do...license plate, other side of the trunk, etc. But in checking things out there are some rattles that I'm not sure what to do about...

1.) The stealthbox itself. There is a rattle coming from behind the sealthbox. I guess I'm going to have to take it out again and see where it might be touching, but has anyone else worked with a stealthbox for the Max and could give me some tips on where to look?

2.) The spoiler. I realized for the first time that a LOT of rattling is coming from the spiler. I need to dynamat the underside of the trunk lid, but are there any other tips for quieting this thing down?

Any other tips for removing sub rattles from the Max would be extremely helpful.

TIA
Old 06-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Disco Biscuit

Check the carpeted panel thats behind the box. More specificly, the edge of it, that goes around the trunk next to the tail light. that edge was buzzing really bad, and I had to make sure it was secure and well dampened.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:05 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Yea, I think that's where it's coming from. Maybe I can just put a few layers of Dynamat where it's close to the edge. Thanks!

I was checking it out again last night and the spolier is definitely causing a lot of the problem...I need to figure something out...hmmm...