Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Amps won't power on, help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 12:17 AM
jmax

If the amp has a small barrier strip for power and speaker terminals you can use a 4 gauge crimp connector designed for that exact purpose. Otherwise there are other options. I can't remember what type of terminals those amps use. But a friend will be over at my place in a couple days and I'll take another look at his RF.

Running the 0 gauge under the carpet is very easy. Most of the way it will be in the corner, right down the side of the car. There are a bunch of other wires already in the same area and adding a single or more 0 gauge wires should be simple.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/st.../terminals.asp

Look at the terminals in the middle of that page.
S4GBS or PT: 4 ga. barrier spade - #10 opening. 2 red / 2 black

Old 01-13-2003, 06:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by jmax
If the amp has a small barrier strip for power and speaker terminals you can use a 4 gauge crimp connector designed for that exact purpose. Otherwise there are other options. I can't remember what type of terminals those amps use. But a friend will be over at my place in a couple days and I'll take another look at his RF.

Running the 0 gauge under the carpet is very easy. Most of the way it will be in the corner, right down the side of the car. There are a bunch of other wires already in the same area and adding a single or more 0 gauge wires should be simple.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/st.../terminals.asp

Look at the terminals in the middle of that page.
S4GBS or PT: 4 ga. barrier spade - #10 opening. 2 red / 2 black
The RF amp has straight stripped wire inputs for power and ground (no connector needed, just strip the wire and push it into the terminal). Currently I have the amp power wire running along the left side of the middle console. My speaker wires are running alone the left side of the car, and I wanted to keep them away from the amp power cable. Switching to the 0 or 2 gauge wire would require removing the seats and carpet again . I'll weigh the pros and cons and see if I have time to do this.

Thanks for the suggestions,