All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Automatic transmission rebuild/overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:40 AM

Automatic transmission rebuild/overhaul

Any ideas where to get a transmission rebuild/overhaul kit?
06 maxima se

Last edited by yoshiki2; 06-19-2010 at 05:47 AM. Reason: clarifying
Old 06-19-2010, 01:48 PM

try checking in the right section

6th gen discussion.

your options is to look into the Transgo shift kit/rebuild kit
www.level10.com
www.atfspeed.com
Old 06-19-2010, 03:05 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by yoshiki2
Any ideas where to get a transmission rebuild/overhaul kit?
06 maxima se
If your transmission is hurt, then your best bet is looking for a used one. A factory-built transmission > rebuilt transmission.

Try car-part.com - I use them often for Maxima stuff.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:25 PM

^ only issue is that with the 5ATs they are known to go bad , 3rd gear bang and slippage..

its not as strong as the 4ATs from the previous generations
Old 06-19-2010, 08:02 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1

your options is to look into the Transgo shift kit/rebuild kit
www.level10.com
www.atfspeed.com

I got all excited - looked at the atfspeed.com web site - and didn't find any Nissan products there....

I'm planning on a new fully-built 4AT VLSD from Level10 post-engine install, but other good options are appreciated (I know about IPT)

Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max
I got all excited - looked at the atfspeed.com web site - and didn't find any Nissan products there....

I'm planning on a new fully-built 4AT VLSD from Level10 post-engine install, but other good options are appreciated (I know about IPT)

ATF has done a few 4AT in the past , they dont list them only cause most of their cars are domestic.... they do imports..

if your REALLY serious about it , call them up and ask for Jason and tell him Alan sent you.

Other wise give Level10 a try , they also do work for a few of my custom cars that are in the 8s and 9s respectively
Old 06-20-2010, 07:37 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

ATF has done a few 4AT in the past , they dont list them only cause most of their cars are domestic.... they do imports..

if your REALLY serious about it , call them up and ask for Jason and tell him Alan sent you.

Other wise give Level10 a try , they also do work for a few of my custom cars that are in the 8s and 9s respectively
Good information - thanks - Level10 did a VB for me last fall, and it's great. This was kind of a warmup for greater things. I went to a 2001 VLSD tranny (RE4F04W) last time, and it was slower to shift than the 95-99 4AT (RE4F04V) tranny, but the VB worked well with my custom shifter. That and my nitrous cut at shift time...

I work from a plan to get to where I want to be (the fastest street maxima in the universe ) and the next step is to get the Cosworth-parts engine installed and broken in. Tonight I slapped on a bell housing and starter on it and spun up some oil flow with the Comp Cams break-in oil. I'll play with it a bit, then since I'm using the 3.0 ECU and gears, a Greddy EU is next, then switching the dual-stage nitrous to dual-direct-port nitrous (using methanol) is last. That will be exciting. Somewhere in there is a $4K built transmission - probably right after I scatter this last transmission.

This plan will probably take me into the next season, since spare time is kinda limited and winters here are nasty and long. Being an old guy, I needs my rest, too....

I wish I could work ITBs into the master plan, but it's too early for that.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:02 PM

As im reading I was going to mention I have a set , then towards the end I T B S !

n2o on itbs = boost...

Im sure Kevin even tho hes a b15 chasis , will or may see some juice in his near future with his new build.

good luck , i respect the guys that invest money into ALL MOTOR to get RAW power for the most part.

its easier to make power on boost but to make power all motor , you just gotta bow down !
Old 06-21-2010, 07:15 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

As im reading I was going to mention I have a set , then towards the end I T B S !

n2o on itbs = boost...

Im sure Kevin even tho hes a b15 chasis , will or may see some juice in his near future with his new build.

good luck , i respect the guys that invest money into ALL MOTOR to get RAW power for the most part.

its easier to make power on boost but to make power all motor , you just gotta bow down !
Yup - NA gurus really work for their HP - but for huge power, you gotta boost somehow. I figure the injectors on VP 109 race fuel and the nitrous mixed with VP M5 methanol will give me the best of both worlds - tons of nitrous and no pre-ignition/detonation/retarded-ignition issues. I've been doing this wrong for three years and four mostly stock engines - maybe I have this figured out. Maybe... we'll see.

The amateurs here appreciate the professional builders that visit this forum - all of them - whatever Nissans they are creating.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 PM

Do you have E85 where your at or look into it ? it runs a bit cooler but you need to run larger CC injectors ?

Ive always a fan of all motors, gt1 , F1 , heck even nascars( im not that big of a fan) LeMans , building any motor is a sceience in itself , blue printing and making it RAW is so much better when you can beat a boost car , unforuntally im addicting to boost , and my 6th gen is wayy wayy to heavy to build all motor.

if I had maybe a b13 , u13 or import a almera now I would do all motor VQ swap all day like Kevins.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Do you have E85 where your at or look into it ? it runs a bit cooler but you need to run larger CC injectors ?

Ive always a fan of all motors, gt1 , F1 , heck even nascars( im not that big of a fan) LeMans , building any motor is a sceience in itself , blue printing and making it RAW is so much better when you can beat a boost car , unforuntally im addicting to boost , and my 6th gen is wayy wayy to heavy to build all motor.

if I had maybe a b13 , u13 or import a almera now I would do all motor VQ swap all day like Kevins.
E85 is rare here. Even what you can buy is maybe E85 and maybe E70.. If I run gasoline thru the injectors, the Z33 ones on Autogear rails I have now should do nicely. It's mixing nitrous and methanol together that will give a serious HP boost. The pros say that you can run either the engine or nitrous on methanol, but not both - using all methanol and nitrous cools down the combustion chambers too much to ignite well.

I'm not much of a tuner yet, since my 99 still uses the stock ECU. Serious NA tuning is a mystery to me. That will change over time. The VQ35/Sentra swaps are outstanding - I wonder if a VQ35-S14 swap has been done - I think those 240SX bodies are lighter than the Sentra, properly gutted. We have a fair number of drift cars locally, mostly S14 and S15 turbo cars - scary stuff. ITBs, huh? Hmmmm....

Last edited by grey99max; 06-21-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM

E85 is rare here. Even what you can buy is maybe E85 and maybe E70.. If I run gasoline thru the injectors, the Z33 ones on Autogear rails I have now should do nicely. It's mixing nitrous and methanol together that will give a serious HP boost. The pros say that you can run either the engine or nitrous on methanol, but not both - using all methanol and nitrous cools down the combustion chambers too much to ignite well.

I'm not much of a tuner yet, since my 99 still uses the stock ECU. Serious NA tuning is a mystery to me. That will change over time. The VQ35/Sentra swaps are outstanding - I wonder if a VQ35-S14 swap has been done - I think those 240SX bodies are lighter than the Sentra, properly gutted. We have a fair number of drift cars locally, mostly S14 and S15 turbo cars - scary stuff. ITBs, huh? Hmmmm....
youve ask for it
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...7241351&ref=pb

Yes its been done as well , its very common , the VQ swaps are the new (Honda B H K series swap for nissan )

There is a b13 running around south florida with a VQ , i have yet to see or run into yet but there has been a few ppl that has seen it.

I started the import scene with a U13 Altima KA-T some 17 years ago.
I wouldnt mind purchasing a another U13 and gutted with a VQ ITBs and maybe spray.

a b13 would be alot lighter as well.

VQs is the new swap since we can get them anywhere.. were acutally building for the shop a VQ mid engine hatchback very soon ,
Emeraldm3d standalone http://emeraldperformance.com/?page_id=11
ITBs on boost

this is for the shop car....
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM

BTW far from the OP answer... I guess this thread has totally gone ALL MOTOR
Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

youve ask for it

Yes its been done as well , its very common , the VQ swaps are the new (Honda B H K series swap for nissan )

There is a b13 running around south florida with a VQ , i have yet to see or run into yet but there has been a few ppl that has seen it.

I wouldnt mind purchasing a another U13 and gutted with a VQ ITBs and maybe spray.

a b13 would be alot lighter as well.

VQs is the new swap since we can get them anywhere.. were acutally building for the shop a VQ mid engine hatchback very soon ,
Emeraldm3d standalone http://emeraldperformance.com/?page_id=11
ITBs on boost

this is for the shop car....
OK - you're full of surprises - a VQ with ITBs in a 240SX - wow. Emerald is a very impressive shop. You guys are doing a lot with the VQ35s, but mastering ITBs is the top of your list.

You say "ITBs on boost" - do you mean on nitrous? ( how do you do that?) or a SC or turbo?

Apologies to the OP Yoshiki2 - I think he got his question answered, so we just kinda started this conversation.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Kevlo for President

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/nissanauto.shtml
http://www.importperformancetrans.co...uct_list&c=154

They sell the kits
Old 06-22-2010, 02:34 PM

OK - you're full of surprises - a VQ with ITBs in a 240SX - wow. Emerald is a very impressive shop. You guys are doing a lot with the VQ35s, but mastering ITBs is the top of your list.

You say "ITBs on boost" - do you mean on nitrous? ( how do you do that?) or a SC or turbo?

Apologies to the OP Yoshiki2 - I think he got his question answered, so we just kinda started this conversation.

Yeah ITBs on boost as in T/C if you really think about it , when you do a ITB setup you are creating vaccum, if you acutally added a scoop in front of the air horns you will created Boost/vaccum . maybe 2-3 psi.

Some other fourms car companys belives ITBS and turbo doesnt work, I only laugh at thier knowledge because Audi/ RB26DETT/Gti-r came STOCK ITBs on Boost.

If you spray n2o on top of ITBs you will created boost, what is boost ? PSI VACCUM, alot of ppl think *boost* is being S/C or T/C when what does these items do ? Draw Vaccum PSI inwards.

ITBS will created boost on themself if you acutally hook up a boost gauge.

EDIT : our shop does alot of inhouse stuff , we've done or help out alot of other shops in SFL that acutally goes to the track and drag race

Example these are our neighbors R.A.W. racing and heres thier car
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...a.w.s+s2k&aq=f

My buddy Charles s2k done by R.a.w. altho weve done some work on it , we dont mind if RAW takes the glory , we build cars for customers but were not in it to market ourselfs widely out there. My boss has over 40 years of experenice in LeMans, F1 as well , he is from the U.K. , hes friends with the guys at TopGear , I cant even revel who the STIG is,
Also Jenvey and Emeraldm3d are very close friend with my boss, Chip Chip Cheerio !

That is very informative info , Ive never seen these sites til now

Last edited by NiZMo1o1; 06-22-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM
NWP Engineering.com

That S2000 just won at the latest NSCRA event at MIR. I didn't know he was from South Florida! Sick car!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:10 PM

Euhm ! ITB's with TC or S/C would be sick. Everything is feasable with the right amount of $$$, tools, skills, research & development.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
That S2000 just won at the latest NSCRA event at MIR. I didn't know he was from South Florida! Sick car!

last run the head lift , went with a newer turbo,

even tho he won , he ran the same times but trap 180mph..

were going to puerto rico soon , I may take the trip down with them..

we have quite a few cars down here that travels all over.

Big Daddy is also a friend of mine as well (new MK4 Setup)
as Larry @ Drag ( orange S15 RB26DET ) on pace battle Maxxworxx Green s15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXN0QB628W0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLfG-C0aaw8

If I could name everyone hitting 8s that we work with down here it would be a long list.

Ive been aronnd it for awhile , Altho MeTec from puerto rico is running a
tube chassis 350z with a VG that runs 6.9 and it lets off .. im sure they can go lower E.T's
Even tho the VQ replaced the VGs the roots of the VQ can still be found in the VGs...

We deal with Injected Performance and Hal is running 9s or better in his S/T 350z VQs.

I would like to start seeing more Maxima guys , Jime being one of them but also I think theres alot of knowledge untapped with the VQs esp VQ30s as well.

theres so much potenital that we have yet to tap into and were all not millionares.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Yeah ITBs on boost as in T/C if you really think about it , when you do a ITB setup you are creating vaccum, if you acutally added a scoop in front of the air horns you will created Boost/vaccum . maybe 2-3 psi.

Some other fourms car companys belives ITBS and turbo doesnt work, I only laugh at thier knowledge because Audi/ RB26DETT/Gti-r came STOCK ITBs on Boost.

If you spray n2o on top of ITBs you will created boost, what is boost ? PSI VACCUM, alot of ppl think *boost* is being S/C or T/C when what does these items do ? Draw Vaccum PSI inwards.

ITBS will created boost on themself if you acutally hook up a boost gauge.

EDIT : our shop does alot of inhouse stuff , we've done or help out alot of other shops in SFL that acutally goes to the track and drag race

Example these are our neighbors R.A.W. racing and heres thier car
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...a.w.s+s2k&aq=f

My buddy Charles s2k done by R.a.w. altho weve done some work on it , we dont mind if RAW takes the glory , we build cars for customers but were not in it to market ourselfs widely out there. My boss has over 40 years of experenice in LeMans, F1 as well , he is from the U.K. , hes friends with the guys at TopGear , I cant even revel who the STIG is,
Also Jenvey and Emeraldm3d are very close friend with my boss, Chip Chip Cheerio !

That is very informative info , Ive never seen these sites til now
I see - it's how you think about boost... I'm planning on using the annular nitrous nozzles with methanol (spray straight, not 90*) but how to get one in a ITB? Or two? A nozzle would move a lot of air when spraying down a ITB with 1000 psi, probably. They sell threaded aluminum tubes to match the nozzle, so one of those angled into the trumpet bell might work.

Your neighbors have impressive cars - but what is the green one behind the black Max? It looks - unusual.....

Thanks for sharing all that. I see you are attracting other forum members to this thread - these guys love this kind of information!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:36 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

If I could name everyone hitting 8s that we work with down here it would be a long list.

tube chassis 350z with a VG that runs 6.9 and it lets off .. im sure they can go lower E.T's
Even tho the VQ replaced the VGs the roots of the VQ can still be found in the VGs...

We deal with Injected Performance and Hal is running 9s or better in his S/T 350z VQs.

I would like to start seeing more Maxima guys , Jime being one of them but also I think theres alot of knowledge untapped with the VQs esp VQ30s as well.

theres so much potenital that we have yet to tap into and were all not millionares.
Jime is our Maxima hero - he gets so much out of his car that he's in a league of his own - but he will share what he knows if you ask. Aaron92SE is equally creative and fast, and I know he's just getting warmed up...

Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 PM

Ive met Aaron a few times since he is from down this way ,

I see alot of Maxima heads going faster this year as well.

the green thing, well its a 9 second street BUG..imported from the UK, its my boss

Mid engine on boost...4 gears...up til now I never gave a bug its dues until I met him and his bug... lets just say hes hurt alot of Vipers and Porsche owners feelings as well as lambos from the dig... forget about 130mph and above.. but down low this bug will wipe out alot of higher end cars.

bug , ITBs, boost and spray... and weighs 1700lbs with a full system and driver
Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 AM
NWP Engineering.com

last run the head lift , went with a newer turbo,

even tho he won , he ran the same times but trap 180mph..

were going to puerto rico soon , I may take the trip down with them..

we have quite a few cars down here that travels all over.

Big Daddy is also a friend of mine as well (new MK4 Setup)
as Larry @ Drag ( orange S15 RB26DET ) on pace battle Maxxworxx Green s15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXN0QB628W0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLfG-C0aaw8

Yes, I don't think anybody has really found the true potential of the NA VQ35. ITBs are definitely the way to go though. And I really want to see what this engine can do with a very high compression on race fuel. I see one guy on my350z tried high compression pistons and saw no HP gain at all. But he made no mention of a race fuel tune. So, I really haven't been able to find someone yet to build a high compression engine just for track use.

Jime is our Maxima hero - he gets so much out of his car that he's in a league of his own - but he will share what he knows if you ask. Aaron92SE is equally creative and fast, and I know he's just getting warmed up...
Thank you. I must say though that most of my ideas come from Jime. I think the fastest I'll be able to get my Maxima with the engine that I have now is 11.5-7 NA in the street class, which requires full interior. In order to do 11.0s, I'll need a serious NA build (350whp). Then I'd be able to compete a little bit against these high 10 second NA Civics in the NSCRA. To do mid/high 10s NA, the car will need to weigh <2300lbs with driver and I don't see that happening in a 3rd gen chassis. That's what the Sentra is for.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:22 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

I can vouch for Nizmo101 too. His boss knows his stuff and he's a real cool and funny guy too. Florida is full of cars (not to mention maximas) that dont put their builds all over the web. Some crazy stuff will be coming outa that shop soon.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

youve ask for it

Not to get sidetracked but there's a U13 over at NC that a member has powered by a VQ30 that he installed and wired himself & I ran a T28 on my '93 at one time....

Re transmissions, I snagged one for for the Altima from car-part for dirt cheap (too bad the stocker decided to work perfectly again). Car part's great if you can't find a good deal locally....

Jeremy
Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by niceguy
Not to get sidetracked but there's a U13 over at NC that a member has powered by a VQ30 that he installed and wired himself & I ran a T28 on my '93 at one time....

Re transmissions, I snagged one for for the Altima from car-part for dirt cheap (too bad the stocker decided to work perfectly again). Car part's great if you can't find a good deal locally....

Jeremy

I think I remember your SN , on Altimas.net , if so I was GoKu
(KA-T)
Old 06-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, it's been awhile....car's still going strong at near 290k and deturboed for wife duty....

Sounds like you've been having fun though

Jeremy
Old 06-23-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by niceguy
Yeah, it's been awhile....car's still going strong at near 290k and deturboed for wife duty....

Sounds like you've been having fun though

Jeremy
my altima was stolen in 2000 and that was the last time I saw her

I just picked up a nissan hardbody with a ka24de , I may boost that