All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

00vi swap- Curt's kit- replace fpr?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

00vi swap- Curt's kit- replace fpr?

All-

Happy new year! I've been prepping to install the 00vi I just bought from MaDMvD, who had never installed it but had got it via Curt. There was a handwritten note in there about replacing the fpr. Everything I've seen and searched for just talked about possibly removing the fuel damper on the 00 rails, especailly Caesar's thread and Tatanko's site (which has helped a ton!)- nothing about the fpr. Curt, if you're reading this, was there a problem with the fpr on one of the sets? Or was it just a suggestion for matching up with the 4th gen to prevent running too rich? I'm using 00 upper, lower, rails and injectors, with the 4th gen tb and iacv.
Thanks!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:12 AM

IIRC, one of the setups I sold had a bit of a "kink" in the outlet tube (leading back to the fuel tank), and I might have suggested replacing the FPR with the one from the 4th gen fuel rail being replaced (I believe they're both the same). I would not have had any way of actually testing to see if there was any functional problem. However, I would suggest sending the injectors out for testing and cleaning. That kit's been sitting around for around a year, and no telling how long it was in the salvage yard. Better to spend a few bucks now as a precaution, than to take a chance and if they aren't working right, trying to diagnose the problem and then have to disassemble a bunch of components if you need to remove any of the rear injectors. I sent my set to Daetschwerks (??sp??). Good price and quick turnaround.
Oh, and BTW, good choice for which components to use. For the life of me I don't understand why some guys decide to use the Pathy TB when they're not going FI.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:45 PM

Thanks! Going back to look at it, it appears the bend in the pipe leading into it might be bent more than usual...

Quick question- on the 4th gen rail, there's just one "unit", the fpr, on the rear rail. On the 00 rail, there are 2 "units"- the FSM says the front is the fpr while the rear is the "damper"- don't know if there's a difference here. Can I just replace the 00 rear "damper" with the rear fpr from the 4th gen, and also leave the front fpr on the 00 in place?

Hope that made sense.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Sorry, mixed that up- FSM says that the unit on the front rail of the 00 is the damper, and the rear is the fpr. So, I would be then replacing the 00 fpr with the 4th gen fpr- makes perfect sense now. And I'll just leave the 00 damper in place?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by texasmax
Sorry, mixed that up- FSM says that the unit on the front rail of the 00 is the damper, and the rear is the fpr. So, I would be then replacing the 00 fpr with the 4th gen fpr- makes perfect sense now. And I'll just leave the 00 damper in place?
That's right, and having the damper doesn't hurt. That little kink probably wouldn't hurt at all, but just for peace-of-mind I suggested swapping it out with the 4th gen. That tube is for the return fuel line, and a slight reduction in cross sectional area should not be a problem.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:14 AM

Great- thank you very much for your help!