All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

ECU upgrade ...need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ECU upgrade ...need help

Ok, I'm new to this forum so please forgive my ignorance, I'm looking into getting a new ECU for my 01max. VQ30DE. I've looked at technosquare and JWT but don't see an application that fits. Greddy's Emanage unit I've heard some good about,but need to know if I can advance and retard my timing, raise my rev limiter and delete my governor? I'm assuming you can adjust fuel/air ratios with it. I posted in 5th gen forum and they told me to ask here. Thanks in advance for your positive feedback!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 AM

hmm well I have a 95 and just put an 01' dek in and am going to use a TS ecu, That will work because of my harness..I dont know about them making ecu's for the 01 max tho. But the greddy EMU is a piggy back. The TS ecu is plug n play
Old 07-21-2006, 08:41 AM

You would need the emanage ultimate. They are (hopefully) soon to be releasing firmware that will allow advance/retart timing + rev limiter adjustments.

I believe TS and JWT do re-flashes for your ecu (not 100% sure) if anything give them a call and they should be able to tell you for sure and what they can do.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You were directed here because it was suggested you to do some reading through the information in this forum, not post a duplicate thread like the one you have in the 5th Gen forum.

TS and JWT have nothing for 2001s, the EU is a piggyback that you'll need to figure out how to use.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Is it better to have a reflash or a piggyback for my application? All I want is HP, not too concerned with gas mileage.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:59 AM

depends on how much control you want. Do you want to tune it yourself or have some one do it for you?

you'll get HP from either but how much effort are you willing to put into it?
Old 07-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
You were directed here because it was suggested you to do some reading through the information in this forum, not post a duplicate thread like the one you have in the 5th Gen forum.

TS and JWT have nothing for 2001s, the EU is a piggyback that you'll need to figure out how to use.
OK Pmaster, FYI I read the stickeys and additional links posted there, found nothing about EMU so I posted the question. If you read the first part of my post it says "please forgive my ignorance" and since most people do, I'll forgive you for your hostillity!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MDeezy
depends on how much control you want. Do you want to tune it yourself or have some one do it for you?

you'll get HP from either but how much effort are you willing to put into it?
Time is my good friend, I'll put all that is necessary to gain the maximum benefits.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:28 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by NEED2BFAST
01max. VQ30DE
VQ30DE-K... FYI.

Puppetmaster stated read through the information in the forum, not just the stickys............ Go back a few pages and READ... Then after you're red in the face from reading, and looking up on what you don't understand, READ some more, and when you're blue in the face, READ some more.

You're not reading enough, nor are interested enough if you are not having dreams, and when you wake up and your FSM isn't next to you under the covers, then this forum is not your cup of tea.

Although, I find myself cheating on my A33B FSM with V35 and Z33 FSM's...
I consider it normal.. Keep it in the family.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
VQ30DE-K... FYI.

Puppetmaster stated read through the information in the forum, not just the stickys............ Go back a few pages and READ... Then after you're red in the face from reading, and looking up on what you don't understand, READ some more, and when you're blue in the face, READ some more.

You're not reading enough, nor are interested enough if you are not having dreams, and when you wake up and your FSM isn't next to you under the covers, then this forum is not your cup of tea.

Although, I find myself cheating on my A33B FSM with V35 and Z33 FSM's...
I consider it normal.. Keep it in the family.
Simply put; I read a lot. Isn't a forum for asking questions and socializing with other people? And why do so many people have to be so harsh on us nOObs for asking questions, remember, you were a nOOb 13,000 posts ago. Someone stated that the org should be split, an advanced section for all you vets and a lame section for us nOObs, which would be cool to avoid hostillity for our stupid questions, but it's like the blind leading the blind without your knowledge. So think of yourself as the teacher and us stupid annoying nOObs as your students, you may hate us but what good is achieved by hoarding your knowledge and sharing it only with equally knowleged people then taking it to the grave. Remember knowledge is power, and you vets are the bodybuilders of this org. THIS IS MEANT WITH RESPECT, I'M NOT TRYING TO BE AN A$$HOLE.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:52 AM
dot dot dot ...

There's more information about the EU in the Forced induction (FI)forum than there is hereBut the information adn data is still applicable.

But please don't move this thread there...

READ the relative posts re: EMU.....
Old 07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
3.5 in the works

Ok, I'm new to this forum so please forgive my ignorance, I'm looking into getting a new ECU for my 01max. VQ30DE. I've looked at technosquare and JWT but don't see an application that fits. Greddy's Emanage unit I've heard some good about,but need to know if I can advance and retard my timing, raise my rev limiter and delete my governor? I'm assuming you can adjust fuel/air ratios with it. I posted in 5th gen forum and they told me to ask here. Thanks in advance for your positive feedback!!!
The EU will do all those things you listed, although I'm not 100% sure on eliminating the speed governor (since I don't have a governor on my car I never tried it obviously). It is supposed to be able to though.

If you want more information on the EU, look in the SC/TC forum:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=465174

I'd also suggest downloading and reading the manuals for it from:
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ind...ls%20&%20More!

Keep in mind that for most people it is an advanced piggyback and if you don't know much about engine tuning or cannot do automotive wiring and do it well it will be over your head. You'll have to pay someone who knows what they're doing to install and tune it for you. Or if you feel brave, tackle it yourself but it could potentially be a steep learning curve filled with problems/mistakes, depending on what kind of aptitude you have and how quickly you can learn. And you will need a laptop to tune and set it up.

Just some food for thought. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2006, 12:21 PM

OK Pmaster, FYI I read the stickeys and additional links posted there, found nothing about EMU so I posted the question. If you read the first part of my post it says "please forgive my ignorance" and since most people do, I'll forgive you for your hostillity!!!
Hostility? Wasn't I the one who answered your question in the 5th Gen forum by telling you the EU was what you were looking for? Did I not also post a link to all the GReddy tech docs?

The only criticism I posted was that you started a duplicate thread here when you could have been looking around for more info first.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:27 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Hostility? Wasn't I the one who answered your question in the 5th Gen forum by telling you the EU was what you were looking for? Did I not also post a link to all the GReddy tech docs?

The only criticism I posted was that you started a duplicate thread here when you could have been looking around for more info first.
So I didn't even need to post? Ha.. should have checked the 5th gen forum.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by DandyMax
So I didn't even need to post? Ha.. should have checked the 5th gen forum.
Well, I didn't go into details like you did, but I figured mentioning the EU and linking him to the GReddy tech site was good enough for him to start his research.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:42 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by DandyMax
If you want more information on the EU, look in the SC/TC forum:
Originally Posted by NmexMAX
There's more information about the EU in the Forced induction (FI)forum
Do we see a pattern here?

Simply put; I read a lot
Another simple point Read/Learn MORE......And more....