Advanced Suspension, Chassis, and Braking Talk about suspension geometry, advanced handling/chassis setup, custom brakes, etc. NOT your basic brake pads and "best drop" Information.

What coilovers to replace my D2 racing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

What coilovers to replace my D2 racing?

I got one of the first set of D2 racing and I tired of the blown struts and crappy upper spring isoloators. I barely drive my car as is and they don't even hold up to ~5k miles a year. I'm plan on daily drive my car now so I need something with better realiability. The problem is that I threw out the OEM parts so I need to stick with all in one coilovers package.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM

BCRacing has had good reviews or JIC, or Tein Basics.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM

BC racing like the ones you can get on EBAY??

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
BCRacing has had good reviews or JIC, or Tein Basics.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:05 PM

I've had my JICs for around 7 months now and I can honestly say it was the best investment I have ever made. They are wonderful when around 3/4 stiff. Very composed yet comfortable and I have no chassis mods (yet). JIC Japan is liquidating all there stuff so you may be able to find some for cheap. I have the FLT-TARs.

JIC-usa will continue strong and start building things right here in the US. Stay tuned for that.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:08 PM

my D2's are fine, how do you have the preload set.... And how low are you. Mine make no noise at all??

Just wondering if you have them set up wrong on your car, perhaps to aggressive causing the shock to bottom out.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
BC racing like the ones you can get on EBAY??
No don't buy from ebay you never know what you will get. l got my BC Racing Coilovers from Josh Nahm @ www.importimageracing.com He was very helpful, shipping was fast. And these are great coilovers for the money $1000. I could'nt find one bad review from all the Subaru guys so l bought them. They handle very well damping is 30 way adjustable, so they go from nice ride to shake your fillings out corner bitting stiff, l bet the Nitto NT555 help. Their are more and more Maxima owners buying the BC racing coilovers and so far l haven't heard anyone complain.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by perkman87
my D2's are fine, how do you have the preload set.... And how low are you. Mine make no noise at all??

Just wondering if you have them set up wrong on your car, perhaps to aggressive causing the shock to bottom out.
Preloading the damper poorly is what's gonna make it make lots of noise, bounce and cause the dampers to blow prematurely.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:37 AM

I just preloaded them enough so the springs didn't jump out of place when I lifted the car up. I thought that was the reason I was chewing up spring isolators. After preloading them so the spring stayed in position and I even greased up the spring isolators. The spring isolators still got torn up and now one of the strut is blown. All this in less than 5k miles.

Fast1one....Which vendor did you get your JIC FLT-TARs from?? If you don't mind me asking, how much were they?

Originally Posted by perkman87