8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Active Noice Cancelation or other odd noise in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 09:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Active Noice Cancelation or other odd noise in cabin

Hello All - I have been scouring these threads and have been unable to find a process that works.
I just purchased a 2016 Max SR. It is super loud when sitting in the driver's seat. It sounds like super strong wind noise or radio static or just fuzz. You only hear it that loudly when in the driver's seat. It does NOT pertain to how fast you're moving or the actual wind outside the cabin or the road - it's a constant annoying sounds that get louder with higher RPMs or speed. It seems to be associated with the engine rpm, because it gets louder even if in neutral and revving the engine. It also has nothing to do with the radio being on, because the sound is present with audio off. I know it was wrecked previously, so I thought perhaps I was getting engine, exhaust, blower sounds from missing firewall or insulation or something like that. Sound seems to be coming from the driver's side far left dash area. After reading many threads and searching google, I wonder if it's Active Noise Cancelation. I have seen posts for how to access the hidden menu, but it doesn't work for me - maybe, I am doing something wrong. Will someone with a 2106 Max SR please post clear instructions for turning off the ANC? Or, does anyone has a better idea about what I am hearing??
Old 01-25-2024, 01:44 PM

Make sure the seat warmers/coolers are off (no lit LED on the *****)
Old 01-25-2024, 02:49 PM
Administrator

You may be referring to Active Sound Enhancement, where the engine noise is being pumped into the car and out your speakers, regardless if the audio system is off. I may be wrong, but I believe only the dealer can turn this off.

You have browsed through your owner's manual and FSM yet?
Old 01-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by dmstangu
Make sure the seat warmers/coolers are off (no lit LED on the *****)
Yes, I confirmed the seats were off.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by The Wizard
You may be referring to Active Sound Enhancement, where the engine noise is being pumped into the car and out your speakers, regardless if the audio system is off. I may be wrong, but I believe only the dealer can turn this off.

You have browsed through your owner's manual and FSM yet?
yes, the active sound enhancement. I’ve read you can turn it off in the configuration menu which is hidden, but I can’t get to it using the recommended actions. I don’t have a FSM. Do you happen to have a link to one?