8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Fitment help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 12:12 PM

Fitment help

Hello all! I haven't been on this site in 2 and a half years. Sold my old 04 over 2 years ago. About 2 months ago, I bought a 2016 platinum. I just picked up a set of d2 coilovers and will be installing them in the spring. The issue is, I'm looking at ordering some rennen crl90 wheels and they come 20x9 and 20x10.5. I plan to just run 20x9 all around so I can still do tire rotations without issues. I can choose my own custom offset but I can't decide what offset. Would a 35 be too aggressive and cause rubbing issues? Should I just go with a 40 and use spacers to get the exact fitment I want? And yes, I'm rolling fenders.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:04 PM

arent d2 harsh on the ride? unless ur getting custom spring rate... 35 with rolled fenders and 20x9 will sit nice with no rubbing
Old 12-20-2016, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by jokers1995
Hello all! I haven't been on this site in 2 and a half years. Sold my old 04 over 2 years ago. About 2 months ago, I bought a 2016 platinum. I just picked up a set of d2 coilovers and will be installing them in the spring. The issue is, I'm looking at ordering some rennen crl90 wheels and they come 20x9 and 20x10.5. I plan to just run 20x9 all around so I can still do tire rotations without issues. I can choose my own custom offset but I can't decide what offset. Would a 35 be too aggressive and cause rubbing issues? Should I just go with a 40 and use spacers to get the exact fitment I want? And yes, I'm rolling fenders.
35 to 45 should be good if your rolling. I'd go with the 40 and space it if needed as you mentioned. That way you can push the wheel out if needed, if the 35 is too far out there is no bringing it back in. let us know how it turns out.

Can i ask what part # you orderd for your D2 coilovers? been looking around but have not been able to find any yet. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by R1talin
35 to 45 should be good if your rolling. I'd go with the 40 and space it if needed as you mentioned. That way you can push the wheel out if needed, if the 35 is too far out there is no bringing it back in. let us know how it turns out.

Can i ask what part # you orderd for your D2 coilovers? been looking around but have not been able to find any yet. Thanks.
i actually found them used for $400 and only have 1k miles on them. I can grab the part number when I get back home. But they are from the 7th gen maxima. They fit the 8th gen with no problem. And for the wheel offset, I decided to order from Rennen Forged and they are custom making them to fit the maxima. So I'm not sure what my offset is going to be. They are supposed to be finished and shipped on Monday so I'm excited to receive them!
Old 12-24-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by chiefy
arent d2 harsh on the ride? unless ur getting custom spring rate... 35 with rolled fenders and 20x9 will sit nice with no rubbing
they can be a harsh ride if you set them up that way. I had them on my old 6th gen and they rode just fine to me. Of course all coilovers ride harsh compared to stock. But I'm not going bagged until next year so coilovers will work for now.