8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

4 8th Gen's at the NY Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 04:43 PM

4 8th Gen's at the NY Auto Show

All locked!!!

Cant understand why. The car will be on the lots in a few months so whats the big secret? There weren't even a whole lot of people around the cars...
Old 04-12-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by RCM78
All locked!!!

Cant understand why. The car will be on the lots in a few months so whats the big secret? There weren't even a whole lot of people around the cars...
At this point, this has nothing to do with secrecy. The insides of the new Maxima are all over the internet now. I would have been very disappointed. My sympathy.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:57 PM

I was there tuesday evening and there were tons of Nissan reps around the cars.
Not sure how many people picked up on it, but the Coulis Red Platinum model they had on the stage had the SR 19 inch wheels on it.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by steevo
I was there tuesday evening and there were tons of Nissan reps around the cars.
Not sure how many people picked up on it, but the Coulis Red Platinum model they had on the stage had the SR 19 inch wheels on it.
That was something I noticed immediately, and commented on it in some thread here. I noticed it because I am only interested in the Platinum, but do not care for the wheels that come on the Platinum. But I really like the wheels on the SR, which Nissan had mounted on the Coulis Red Platinum at the NY show. I immediately suggested that we might have an option, but the very informed poster who has ties to Nissan let me down gently with the information that the Platinum would not be available with those beautiful 19" wheels.

I have been driving since the 1940s, and have never owned a red car. But this Coulis Red color looks very good on the 2016 Maxima.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
That was something I noticed immediately, and commented on it in some thread here. I noticed it because I am only interested in the Platinum, but do not care for the wheels that come on the Platinum. But I really like the wheels on the SR, which Nissan had mounted on the Coulis Red Platinum at the NY show. I immediately suggested that we might have an option, but the very informed poster who has ties to Nissan let me down gently with the information that the Platinum would not be available with those beautiful 19" wheels.
I was at the New York auto show on opening weekend and the Presenter/Nissan rep onstage pointed out the Coulis Red Platinum model on stage had the available 19" wheels from the SR model. I assumed this meant it would be an option but I am maybe they just did it for the autoshow.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by madmax17
I was at the New York auto show on opening weekend and the Presenter/Nissan rep onstage pointed out the Coulis Red Platinum model on stage had the available 19" wheels from the SR model. I assumed this meant it would be an option but I am maybe they just did it for the autoshow.
Those 19" wheels are definitely not available with the Platinum on the 'preorder' site. I am hopeful they might be available on the Platinum after the initial bluster is over and things settle down, but I doubt it. I'm sure we could order the wheels ala carte through our dealer for a price between invoice and MSRP, but 19" tires would also be required, and that combo could run into money.

I have spent a lot of time looking at the wheels that come with the S, SV, SL and Platinum, and the more I look, the better they look. I think I will be fine with them.