7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2013 OEM remote start???

Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 AM

2013 OEM remote start???

Anyone know if nissan is going to offer the remote start on the 2013's or if they make a kit for them yet since the new altima's have it? I can't believe nissan would put remote start on the altima and not the maxima. Seriously???? I don't want after market either, if thats the only option then I'll wait but Im getting tired of waiting thats for sure.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM

nope they dont make one and they dont have it on the 2013 Maxima the new Gen I would guarantee will but that probably wont happen until either 2014 or 2015
Old 11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I was also told by the dealer that the 2013 Maxima would not feature the remote start, despite the 2013 Altima having it. This simply doesn't make any sense.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:20 PM

This is most likely because the 2013 Altima is on a new generation cycle, while the Maxima just got to it's mid cycle minor refresh. New New stuff will not happen until the 8th generation.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:24 PM

The JX has it so if nissan wanted to add it, they would. Best way is aftermarket.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 AM

As an FYI, I wouldn't want factory installed remote starters from any japanese makers. Reason why is because usually its a seperate remote from the keyless entry remote. I for one know Acura has this stupid issue and alot of ppl complain about it, i am not sure if the new altima has the same retarded feature with a seperate remote just to start the freakin car.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:13 PM

Nissan has integrated the remote start into the intelligent key, just an extra button at the top. It seems to work really well and has great range. As of right now only the 13 Altima and 13 Pathfinder have it. Unfortunately not in the 13 max yet, however the new sport max is pretty bad ***, I wanted to wait t the rebates were too strong on the 12's.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM

I had my dealership install a remote start for my Max last year and I'm using the OEM intelligent key. The only thing I hate about it is, The range sucks and I can't roll all my 4 windows. I bought OEM impact sensors for the windows and body but it doesn't have that sensor that warns people to back off when they're a few inches away. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Last edited by Jbling700; 12-02-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 PM

JBling do you know what remote start the dealer threw in urs?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:55 PM

This one.
I got the OEM impact sensors from here last year. For some reason they're not selling it anymore. Maybe if you call them up, they'll give you more info on the sensors.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...-p-634018.html

For the wait if your curious,I left my car with them for a day and picked it up the next day. There was only one person working on it that time. It would of been faster if 2 or more.

Last edited by Jbling700; 12-02-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM

So basically we can have this option on Maxima if we ask for it (as in buy it -.-) but it doesn't come as standard ? :\
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jbling700
I had my dealership install a remote start for my Max last year and I'm using the OEM intelligent key. The only thing I hate about it is, The range sucks and I can't roll all my 4 windows. I bought OEM impact sensors for the windows and body but it doesn't have that sensor that warns people to back off when they're a few inches away. Other than that, I'm happy with it.
This one.
I got the OEM impact sensors from here last year. For some reason they're not selling it anymore. Maybe if you call them up, they'll give you more info on the sensors.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...-p-634018.html

For the wait if your curious,I left my car with them for a day and picked it up the next day. There was only one person working on it that time. It would of been faster if 2 or more.

So what was the purpose of the new window sensors and do you have only one keyfob? How much was it roughly?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM

The purpose of the body and window sensors is just for added security. When I tested it out, I tried pulling my door handles, knocked on the window and several other stupid possible things I can think of and it alarms. If a motorcycles roars down the street from where I live, it alarms as well and it gets kind of annoying. The remote start that the dealer gave me didn't come with any key fobs. I'm still using the 2 original fobs that came with the car. My intelligent key fobs didn't need to be reprogrammed. The only difference is, they installed the module, programmed it, and installed impact sensors and thats it. The remote start system I have, I click the lock button 3 times on the fob, then it starts. To disengage the remote start mode, have your key fob in your pocket, step on the brake, and go.

EDIT: Unlock the driver door using the key fob, open the driver door, have the key fob in your pocket, press the "push to start" 3 times, press on the brake, then shift_CVT LMAO

When my car is in remote start mode and when I open the door, my car doesn't shut off it's engine. Nobody can steal even if it's started remotely because in order to activate the whole car, you need to click the "push to start" 3 times while the fob is in the car. If you don't have the fob and you try clicking the push to start button it won't work because the key isn't detected. Also if you step on the brake pedal, it shuts off.

Last edited by Jbling700; 12-04-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Same as Toyota's except it shuts of when you open the car.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM

The purpose of the body and window sensors is just for added security. When I tested it out, I tried pulling my door handles, knocked on the window and several other stupid possible things I can think of and it alarms. If a motorcycles roars down the street from where I live, it alarms as well and it gets kind of annoying. The remote start that the dealer gave me didn't come with any key fobs. I'm still using the 2 original fobs that came with the car. My intelligent key fobs didn't need to be reprogrammed. The only difference is, they installed the module, programmed it, and installed impact sensors and thats it. The remote start system I have, I click the lock button 3 times on the fob, then it starts. To disengage the remote start mode, have your key fob in your pocket, step on the brake, and go.
Wow. Thanks. I'm gonna try callin the dealer back tomorrow. All this just in time for Christmas. My wife will love this.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 PM

EDIT: Unlock the driver door using the key fob, open the driver door, have the key fob in your pocket, press the "push to start" 3 times, press on the brake, then shift_CVT LMAO

When my car is in remote start mode and when I open the door, my car doesn't shut off it's engine. Nobody can steal even if it's started remotely because in order to activate the whole car, you need to click the "push to start" 3 times while the fob is in the car. If you don't have the fob and you try clicking the push to start button it won't work because the key isn't detected. Also if you step on the brake pedal, it shuts off.
Great info man, will be calling the dealer then!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM

What about a viper smart start system utilizing my Iphone 4S? Anyone have any opinions on them? My service manager said he had one installed on his Titan and loves it. I actually talked to the owner of Gates Nissan in Richmond KY (Steve Gates) (didn't know it was him at first, he said he was filling in the the store manager for a short while). He told me he has one on his wifes 2011 Audi A8 and wouldn't trade it for nothing. Said she lives by it now with the app and the 3.0 upgrade. So what do yall think?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I know this is a bit of an older thread however, I have a 2012 Maxima and was curious what the cost was for the dealer to install the remote start? Also does anyone know of any reputable shops (other than the dealer) in the SF Bay area?