7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Drivers seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 02:37 AM

Heated Drivers seat issue

Anyone have any problems with their drivers heated seat! The switch on mine only lights up when it is on low!! Dealer ordered a new switch but I don't know if that is the problem or not!! There is no heat on high but there is heat on low! Anyway it's under warranty!!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:29 AM

It's probably the switch if the smallest part goes out in it it's either stuck on or won't go on .
Old 12-24-2013, 09:35 AM

Unfortunately, it is most likely the seat itself. I have had the exact scenario multiple times in my 09 and in all cases, the only fix is to replace thee seat (although last time only the seat back required replacement.) Best of luck!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by newsat65
Anyone have any problems with their drivers heated seat! The switch on mine only lights up when it is on low!! Dealer ordered a new switch but I don't know if that is the problem or not!! There is no heat on high but there is heat on low! Anyway it's under warranty!!

I'm sure the dealer didn't just blindly order a switch.

Most likely they took the switch out of the equation and manually ( direct wired) set the seat on high heat and it worked and thus ordered the switch.

GL
Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 PM

Don't count on it being the switch. That is probably the most reliable part of the circuit. I'm having issues with my days old 2014 both driver and passengers seats do not heat properly.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by 13Maximasv
I'm sure the dealer didn't just blindly order a switch.

Most likely they took the switch out of the equation and manually ( direct wired) set the seat on high heat and it worked and thus ordered the switch.

GL
They never even looked at the car!! yes they did order the switch! The heat works on low but the light or heat does not work on high!!

Last edited by newsat65; 12-27-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:25 AM

I hope you are lucky and it's just a switch.

Switches, wires and connectors are generally very reliable. The most likely part to fail is the heating element inside the seat. This is the part that is sat on and generates heat. The fact that dealers are installing multiple cushions means it's probably a production issue with the cushions and heating elements.

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...s-working.html
Old 12-27-2013, 10:16 AM

They never even looked at the car!! yes they did order the switch! The heat works on low but the light or heat does not work on high!!
similar problem here on my 2010 SV. the passenger switch "high" light was intermittent for awhile but when it did turn on the seat would heat. now, the "high" light won't come on ever and the seat doesn't heat. low still works fine. i think it's the switch. let me know if it fixes it and i'll order one cause mine is just out of warranty....like a couple months. oh well. anyone know how to remove that part of the dash to get at the switches?
Old 12-27-2013, 02:40 PM

I'm guessing they feel it's no use wasting their time diagnosing the car without any parts on hand and ordered what they believe is the most common problem.

GL
Old 12-28-2013, 03:28 AM

Yeah the Dealership is very good to me! When I purchased the car in 2011 they threw in the Extended warranty 7 years 180,000kms Bumper to Bumper, a $3100 deal!!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Seat Issue

I have a 2013 Maxima and my driver seat will heat for about 2 minutes and then the seat will turn off. This has been an on going problem and it's still happening. First repair attempt they realigned the seat on track saying that was the issue, repair attempt 2 was replacing the relay from switch to the seat and the last attempt they replaced the seatback of the driver seat and once again the following day the seat turns off. I haven't had a heated seat all winter when I needed it because the seat will stay on and get warm once the car warms up. Once the seat turns off it will not turn back on or will not go on A/C mode until you actually turn the car off and restart. I currrently am working with a lemon law attorney to get this problem resolved.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:45 PM

it's amazing how the dealers don't seem to have a clue with this issue.

I'm assuming you have the premium or sport model with climate controlled drivers seat? Does you seat back and bottom heat evenly or do you only get heat in the back or seat? If the seat does not heat evenly the CC seat unit will turn off.

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...ry-solved.html

I wish I would have followed the FSM trouble shooting instructions. It states that if the climate control seat system turns off in 10 seconds or less from the time it was turned on the cause is electrical. Such as a defective TED or blower motor

If the seats take 30 seconds or longer to shut off the problem is not electrical in nature. It is due to foam pads, ducting or obstruction of the ducts or blower motor.

The climate control unit is well designed and it will shut off very quickly when there is an electrical issue.

Last edited by Nopike; 03-12-2014 at 06:50 PM.