7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Crankshaft sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Crankshaft sensor

Has anyone had problems with this? I have had one replaced 3 months ago and now it is out again. Only have 16000 miles on my 2010. Anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by ukhillbilly
Has anyone had problems with this? I have had one replaced 3 months ago and now it is out again. Only have 16000 miles on my 2010. Anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks
Did you replace with oem? What code(s) have you pulled?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My dads computer pulled at p0335. It was the only code and got a service engine light and vdc off lights that came on when started having problems. Have not checked the oem. I wondered if the minor mods I have done kn cai and block plates could have contributed.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ukhillbilly
My dads computer pulled at p0335. It was the only code and got a service engine light and vdc off lights that came on when started having problems. Have not checked the oem. I wondered if the minor mods I have done kn cai and block plates could have contributed.

Hey Hillbilly,

I have a 2002 maxima and have trouble getting an answer where my cranksensor is. I also have the P0335 code and believe my cranksensor is located just under the front bumber attached to what I believe is the transmission housing. The previous engine had the crankshaft sensor located behind the front passenger wheel on top of the oil pan.

Is your crankshaft sensor located just under the front bumper and about a foot in length back? I have attached a picture with the senor and wire harness out showing a metal plate bottom left. I am unsure if the metal plate (which looks like a ground plate cause it has two wires). I took mine apart over a week ago and now i forgot if that plate goes on top of sensor or between sensor and transmission housing?

Any help or advice weather this is my cranshaft sensor postion would be most helpful.

Thanks

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Crankshaft sensor-crankshaft-ground-plate.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry bill I wish I could help I had mine replaced at the Nissan dealer were it was still under warranty. There are several videos out there for replacing crankshaft sensors I seen a few on the altimas don't know if I found one for the maxima.