7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Umnitza Orion halo problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza
It actually does say it's non-transferable, but we're not hiding behind that either. We are actively replacing failed product as long as you have a receipt of purchase.

You just need a receipt of purchase, it could/should be a receipt from a previous owner, but it should be a valid receipt. If you found these off the "back of a truck", obviously, we won't warranty it. Otherwise, it's not difficult to find/provide a receipt.
Ya I had a problem with mine that were installed with half the halo going out on me.. I had them installed professionally and had to pay to reinstall them again.. But umnitza had sent me four new halos without an issue.. I was a bit weary about installing them again after seeing the replacements where the weld didn't look strong enough but I opened them up and added some extra solder and they are running ok so far..
Old 08-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by funnyman82
Ya I had a problem with mine that were installed with half the halo going out on me.. I had them installed professionally and had to pay to reinstall them again.. But umnitza had sent me four new halos without an issue.. I was a bit weary about installing them again after seeing the replacements where the weld didn't look strong enough but I opened them up and added some extra solder and they are running ok so far..
Good to hear.
I bet you had a receipt and were able to work with us directly.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM

BTW - not all Craftsman tools are lifetime warranty, not a lot of them are.http://www.craftsman.com/cswarranty/...cal=CSwarranty
Yea I know. That was the first thing that came to my mind with a lifetime warranty for some reason
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 PM

Good to hear.
I bet you had a receipt and were able to work with us directly.
Yup just replied to your email and copied/pasted my receipt..
So the lifetime warranty IS lifetime right? If I have any problems and I provide my receipt again I should be good right?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Umnitza,

I have been in contact with you through PM. As you know I've sent my faulty halo's back almost 2 months ago. I have been waiting for an update from you. You did not inform me I needed to send a receipt with the faulty halos. I still have all the PM's saved and you never mentioned that to me.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:26 PM

I have been arguing with Umnitza for a few weeks now. My halo half burnt out a fe wmontsh ago and they made me jump through hoops and send pictures even though they knew this was a common issue. Then they made me give a deposit to get a new one and then when i had Kmoney install the new one that was supposed to be fixed it still was half working. This is after i paid Kmoney to take the old one out and reinstall another broken one then i paid toi ship the old one back. Not to mention i sent the old one back and waited a month and they never refunded my deposit. It wasnt until I emailed them twice that they refunded it. That seems pretty unprofessional. Now my other original halo and teh new supposedly repaired one is half burnt out. So I basically have 2 half burnt out halos. i contacted them saying i just want my money back. They were rude, condescending and nasty to me. They just want to keep replacing these inferior quality lights and i am not going to keep spending money to replace them and ship them back. Ultimately I have filed a complaint with The Better Business Bureau in CA which Umnitza is aware of. I am also filing a complaint with Consumer affairs and the attorney general so that an investigation into their practices can be done. I advise anyone else who feels that they have been mislead or trated to do the same. I have all the links here for you. i am also consulting an attorney in California to seek getting back my original funds along with the costs associated with having to keep replacing the lights. Maybe a class action lawsuit is needed. the first attorney i spoke to said I could simply file a small claims lawsuit and dont need an attorney so that is what i will be doing first. A Class action would require an attorney. If anyone else is interested please IM me. Umnitza in my opinion is a very bad company and i wouldnt use them again. It seems like a bunch of little kids answering the emails. They take things personally and get personal with you. For example if they dont like your tone they wont help you, its just very unprofessional.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by longisland09maxima
I have been arguing with Umnitza for a few weeks now. My halo half burnt out a fe wmontsh ago and they made me jump through hoops and send pictures even though they knew this was a common issue. Then they made me give a deposit to get a new one and then when i had Kmoney install the new one that was supposed to be fixed it still was half working. This is after i paid Kmoney to take the old one out and reinstall another broken one then i paid toi ship the old one back. Not to mention i sent the old one back and waited a month and they never refunded my deposit. It wasnt until I emailed them twice that they refunded it. That seems pretty unprofessional. Now my other original halo and teh new supposedly repaired one is half burnt out. So I basically have 2 half burnt out halos. i contacted them saying i just want my money back. They were rude, condescending and nasty to me. They just want to keep replacing these inferior quality lights and i am not going to keep spending money to replace them and ship them back. Ultimately I have filed a complaint with The Better Business Bureau in CA which Umnitza is aware of. I am also filing a complaint with Consumer affairs and the attorney general so that an investigation into their practices can be done. I advise anyone else who feels that they have been mislead or trated to do the same. I have all the links here for you. i am also consulting an attorney in California to seek getting back my original funds along with the costs associated with having to keep replacing the lights. Maybe a class action lawsuit is needed. the first attorney i spoke to said I could simply file a small claims lawsuit and dont need an attorney so that is what i will be doing first. A Class action would require an attorney. If anyone else is interested please IM me. Umnitza in my opinion is a very bad company and i wouldnt use them again. It seems like a bunch of little kids answering the emails. They take things personally and get personal with you. For example if they dont like your tone they wont help you, its just very unprofessional.
You paid $80 for a set of rings.
When they didn't work, we told you we'd replace them. We do not offer refunds on the product, you decided to throw your weight around and cause a stir, most reasonable people don't do this.

We've been in business for over 12 years, so no, we're not a bunch of kids, but you frankly being condescending as you have been throughout the process the management decided it was better to just stop this nonsense from going forward.

You were told there would be a one time return allowed for you. That's it. But your rings have to be in the kind of condition where they aren't butchered. Because if they appear to be butchered, you will not receive any refund of any sort and the rings will be sent back to you.

As we have stated above, reasonable requests for support are always supported, even for customers that ordered 12 years ago when we first started out.

There are a lot of customers that love our business, we'll chalk you up as not one of them.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:51 PM

Seems like LongIsland is right
Old 08-15-2012, 05:11 PM

Umnitza - your employees are quite possibly the rudest I have ever encountered when communicating with a vendor - especially a vendor that I bought a product from already and was attempting to relay the defects of said product. You strong-arm people, you're condescending (what was one of your comments to me in email - you could sell these halos to kids and they'd work? nice one guy).

Just interesting to see now all the people you've pissed off and tried to push around come out of the woodworks. I'm truly sorry I ever recommended your product to anyone here, if I had known what a joke your staff was I'd have left it alone. You continue to demonstrate exactly what all of us hate about you with your responses in this thread - keep it up - you aren't making progress FYI.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:15 PM

dan, i rather send them to you honestly lol..
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM

Well Terrance is the only max with the oracle leds. Its been almost 6months now n no flicker or whatsoever and they very bright at daytime.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Unreasonable. I followed your protocol and gave you 2 chances to get it correct and still you didn't. I spent additional money to do so. I will send them back but I must say I'm not that confident that you will refund my money very easily based off the hard time I've been given already. Your attitude is poor. Case in point is the reference you make to the rings. You say I paid 80 dollars for a set of rings as if 80 dollars is chump change. As if I should have bought something more expensive because hey what do you expect for 80 bucks. Well I expect a product with a lifetime warranty to work more then a few days regardless of the price. You see its comments and an attitude like that, which makes people feel like you don't care.

You paid $80 for a set of rings.
When they didn't work, we told you we'd replace them. We do not offer refunds on the product, you decided to throw your weight around and cause a stir, most reasonable people don't do this.

We've been in business for over 12 years, so no, we're not a bunch of kids, but you frankly being condescending as you have been throughout the process the management decided it was better to just stop this nonsense from going forward.

You were told there would be a one time return allowed for you. That's it. But your rings have to be in the kind of condition where they aren't butchered. Because if they appear to be butchered, you will not receive any refund of any sort and the rings will be sent back to you.

As we have stated above, reasonable requests for support are always supported, even for customers that ordered 12 years ago when we first started out. You know there's an old saying that says a million frenchman can't be wrong. As you see there are multiple people just on this forum that feel the same way. God only knows how many more are out there. My lights will be returned shortly and I am politely asking for a no nonsense refund so I can buy a better product.

There are a lot of customers that love our business, we'll chalk you up as not one of them.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kmoney
Well Terrance is the only max with the oracle leds. Its been almost 6months now n no flicker or whatsoever and they very bright at daytime.
I've actually had oracle led halos since February and haven't had any problems with them
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 AM

Oracle will be my new purchase. Are they a continuous ring or do they have the little space at the ends?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:00 AM

I will send I pic of the halo
Old 08-17-2012, 02:23 PM

is this a joke.. what kind of company is this ... lol should of listened to my boy with a e90 he said "umnitza? your getting halos from them,they suck *****" shoulda listened.. damn
Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor

We replied to all your emails from the last day. Check your spam.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:19 PM

This company is here on this board trying to rectify the situation and all you can do is bash it and such. Harsh.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Got Retrofit?

-1 for Umnitza. I haven't heard of Oracle but I'm sure they're better. There's also TRS with their xB LEDs which are great. I personally recommend those.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Got Retrofit?

DO NOT BUY FROM UMNITZA:
http://forums.maxima.org/dealership-...re-buying.html

Umnitza = TRASH. Bad business..

Originally Posted by slicknick
This company is here on this board trying to rectify the situation and all you can do is bash it and such. Harsh.
They're just making excuses.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
DO NOT BUY FROM UMNITZA:
http://forums.maxima.org/dealership-...re-buying.html

Umnitza = TRASH. Bad business..

They're just making excuses.
Yup and now they're just trying to ignore the issue. They were bumping it and countering when it was just 1 person complaining, but you can see they have no response to all of this. That link you have here is crazy; iuno who these people think they are.

For anyone that really feels jerked around by them I wouldn't hesitate to report them to consumer affairs and the BBB, write reviews on forums/Yelp/Google Reviews, etc. Why? Because as a consumer aside from getting our money back it's really all we can do. Simply walking away and not liking the product achieves nothing, and is exactly what they're hoping everyone who is unhappy does. It has little affect on your life, but if some negative reviews make them think twice about treating their future customers like **** then maybe we accomplished something. Judging their personalities from the emails I was getting from them, they won't care, but then again that's exactly why everyone hates them.

I find it kind of funny they talked down about the Oracle halos, several people have those and no duds so far. If their product is such crap and doesn't burn out like Umnitza's does, then it's pretty sad that such a "crappy product", as they indicated, performs better than theirs.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 PM

.......and this is why i dont mess with stock headlights. >_>
Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 PM

wow this company is way worse than i thought, even at this point. i dont know how a vendor with so many complaints is still here

http://forums.maxima.org/dealership-...-feedback.html

http://forums.maxima.org/dealership-...k-umnitza.html

http://forums.maxima.org/dealership-...rs-beware.html

http://forums.maxima.org/dealership-...za-review.html

annnnnd last but not least? their Better Business Bureau rating is an F

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-franc...ncord-ca-75038