7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Positive MAXIMA owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Banned

Positive MAXIMA owners

I see so many negative reviews and comments from people on here for the maxima. I just recently purchased one and i love it. Please post comments about what you absolutely love about your maxima and what car you owned prior to your 7th gen
Old 11-11-2011, 12:22 PM

I love mine. Lot of car for the money IMO. Prior to my '09 I had a '05 and prior to that an '01. as you can tell, I've never changed my screen name of rays01se.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:45 PM

power and body style.

It feels good when i'm approaching the car, looks really good.

only thing I don't like is the mpg of 22 mpg mixed, wish it could do 35 mpg mixed as a hybrid.

this is not one of those cars u get for practical reasons, it's a car u get for passionate reasons like u do with mercedes and bmw, although this a35 max is much more reliable than the german benz bmw counterparts.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by BBmaxi
power and body style.

It feels good when i'm approaching the car, looks really good.

only thing I don't like is the mpg of 22 mpg mixed, wish it could do 35 mpg mixed as a hybrid.

this is not one of those cars u get for practical reasons, it's a car u get for passionate reasons like u do with mercedes and bmw, although this a35 max is much more reliable than the german benz bmw counterparts.
I am with you here about the MPG. I love everything else about the car. I actually had it mistaken for a BMW today! But overall I love the car.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

to all:

this is my first maxima and i have had it for a week and i love it. I come from driving my moms 07 passat and owning my own 2011 vw cc. I hated the cc. underpowered on take off and horrible build quality. the max is powerful and the features are amazing. i cant see how anyone could hate this car. i have the twelve the only thing i dislike which is just a personal opinion is the rims. they look kind of baby sentra like rims lol i need more masculine rims. but its a great car. as a new owner what are things i should know about the maxima?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tee00Max
I actually had it mistaken for a BMW today!
How do you do that?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:11 PM

I bought my maxima two weeks ago on 10-27-2011. I love it. I owned a 2007 civic si coupe. it had tein coils, apexi exhaust, fujita intake, 18" tenzos, dvd, 2 JL 12"W1's, custom inclosure for subs and 3 way speakers that were amplified. I loved my honda it was a 6spd manual. fun to drive. the maxima is definately more powerful. it has a full leather interior. heated seats and steering wheel. it is way more luxurious. the max is a way different style of car, its more adult and practical for what I do. I sell cars now and see $10,000-$50,000 cars everyday. I still love my car more than the dodge chrystler and jeep vehicles i sell everyday.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by goldenrod
How do you do that?
I mean someone else did...
Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 PM

I love my Max and know many other people who do as well
Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 PM

Funny because the Max just won:
The 2011 Nissan Maxima is the Winner of Strategic Vision’s 2011 Total Quality Award™ for Best Large Car Ownership Experience.
http://www.nissanusa.com/maxima/awar....awards.safety

Old 11-11-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tee00Max
I am with you here about the MPG. I love everything else about the car. I actually had it mistaken for a BMW today! But overall I love the car.
few people have thought mine was a lexus
Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 AM

Bought the 2007 SE in 2007 for GF to cummute on interstate between the big scarey trucks. 4.5 years and 84K miles later, I took the 2007 over as my DD and bought her a 2012 loaded SV. Many improvements over the 5 model years.
Other than tires, LOF changes, brakes, I have spent only $400 on repairs on the 2007 (power seat motor) so reliability was a factor for the 2012.
Here's hoping I made a good decision.

Last edited by Torchcorvette; 11-16-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Over 2 years of ownership with my 09, love the car couple small things here and there but I have a pretty high tolerance for overlooking small flaws.

One thing I noticed is that now with 25k it seems to take off a lot faster
Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 AM

My wife was looking to replace her 2K GLE. The 2009 SV was one of two on her list, the other a Lincoln MDX same year. I was steering her toward the SV, she was looking real hard at the MDX She decided on the SV because she really liked her GLE, had good luck with it, and the test drives locally of both cars didn't give her a true winner. Her first challanging road trip, 140 miles of reeeaaaal curvy highway, a road she never like to drive as it just exhausted her, was the test that made her feel that she made the right choice. She told me afterward that it was the best handling car she ever drove and she didn't have any worries about that road anymore. For us Nissan has always been good to us and for her to have that much confident in her ability to dirve that road with that car was all I need to hear. I have to say that this is the best car we have ever owned. Driving for 50+ years.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Car Addict
few people have thought mine was a lexus
I get "Infinity" a lot! But nope its a Max.

Ive had mine since 2miles and im close to 6k miles and still no complaints here!(KNOCKs ON WOOD) Glad i got the SV without the Navi and all the other stuff. Honestly i really dont need seat warmers and steering wheeel and all that. My last honda accord didnt even have power locks or windows so its no thing for me Pops instilled the car motto in me " The more fancy stuff the car has the more stuff can break" I dont even use my moon roof really so didnt need the dual panel. The Color monitor is great too, got all my songs on a flash drive and that rearview camera comes in handy.

I love this A35, looks so dope! I hardly see any where im at so i get a lot of honks and stares @ by Altimas and other cars
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 AM

When i first saw a Maxima.. i saw someone driving an Ocean Gray one when the sun was shining.. it looks stunning... and I ...... I thought it was a Mercedes or Lexus... drove closely to the vehicle n suprised it was a Nissan.. after that i searched for this vehicle n got it
Old 11-13-2011, 09:17 AM

Absolutely love my Maxima still. Only at 10k miles on it so far, but it has been problem free and it gets glowing comments and praise all the time. I do miss driving a stick, that is until I am in stop and go traffic for an hour and then I am reminded why I went the cvt route this time around, which is amazingly smooth. For the $33k I paid for my Sport/Tech, I do not think there is anything better in that price range that give fantastic looks, good handling and luxury. Gas mileage has been good as well, averaging over 24mpg in mixed driving, only a few mpg off my 07' Civic SI that I have before the Max.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just bought an 09 max sv fully loaded at the end sept. I absolutely love it! I upgraded from my 2000 GLE and it puts a smile on my face everytime i'm walking torwards it.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 PM

I owned only American brand vehicles from 1949 until 1978, at which time I switched to Datsuns. I drove Datsuns (Datsuns were made by Nissan) until buying my first Maxima (an 1985 model) in October of '84. Loved it so much (I put 206,000 miles on that one) that I bought another '85 for my wife.

As info, the Maxima story began in 1977 with the introduction of the Japanese Bluebird 910 into the U.S. as the Datsun 810. In 1981, the Datsun 810 was offered in two versions - the Deluxe and the Maxima. In 1982, the Deluxe was dropped and we had only the Datsun 810 Maxima.

The 1984 Maxima kept the Datsun name on the back, but also added the name Nissan for the first time. With the release of the 2nd gen 1985 Maxima. the denotation 810 and name Datsun both faded into history.

The first generation Maxima (The '81 through the '84 model years) was the only rear wheel drive Maxima generation, and was also the only generation Maxima available with a diesel engine.

I have owned all generations since then, and have never been disappointed. I try to check out all new vehicles that might be considered to be rivals for the Maxima, but come away realizing the Maxima is the best fit for me.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM

I just gave my brother my 99 SE with 185K on it and got a 2010 SV loaded except Nav. The 99 runs as good as my 10. I've had 4 maximas, 300ZX and Frontier. I've been very pleased with Nissans and especially Maximas. My experience with Maximas makes me want to continue with them.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:39 PM

So far so good but I only have about 1300 miles on mine.

Last edited by NCBuckeye; 11-14-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:09 PM

for the price i paid I love the car, HATE the tranny tho
Old 11-15-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldan
Thanks for ruining the thread. Just kidding . Why don't you like it? Have you tried sport or manual mode?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Smile

The CVT transmission in the 2012 SV was one of the many reasons I bought another Nissan product.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 AM

i have a 09 w sport/tech pkg with 13k on it now..i love the car, only thing i dont like is the fact that Nissan wont step up and fix all the little things under recall and own up , another issue is the terrible paint they use on the cars..i have just the seat movement but afraid to bring it in as the dealer will prob F it up.
Not sure if id buy another Nissan especially if they dont offer AWD
Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 AM

Almost 32K on my 2010 and I still love her. Besides a few warranty related matters (strut insulators, driver seat rocking and outside mirror fogging), she's been trouble free.

Amazing good looks, great handling (Dragon tested), very well equipped and 30mpg on long highway trips, I can't complain. Even my gf's woman friends all say "wow, nice ride!" when they see me pull up. Damn good feeling if you ask me

My only real gripe is the soft paint on this car. Dear Nissan- take note of what Hyundai is doing... smh
Old 11-15-2011, 11:56 AM

couldn't be happier with our car. almost 30k miles later and its perfect. No problems at all. came from an 08 acura tsx. we really liked that car as well, but the maxima is just a beast compared. The engine sounds so good and we get great mileage.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by 2010BlackMax
couldn't be happier with our car. almost 30k miles later and its perfect. No problems at all. came from an 08 acura tsx. we really liked that car as well, but the maxima is just a beast compared. The engine sounds so good and we get great mileage.
I just have to laugh when some folks say their mileage is terrible. In stop and go traffic, I get 22. On highway, between 30-31 depending on speed and load.

For a big sedan and 300hp... these numbers ain't bad at all. Plus, if your mileage stinks, lay off the skinny pedal
Old 11-15-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by jhatfie
Absolutely love my Maxima still. Only at 10k miles on it so far, but it has been problem free and it gets glowing comments and praise all the time. I do miss driving a stick, that is until I am in stop and go traffic for an hour and then I am reminded why I went the cvt route this time around, which is amazingly smooth. For the $33k I paid for my Sport/Tech, I do not think there is anything better in that price range that give fantastic looks, good handling and luxury. Gas mileage has been good as well, averaging over 24mpg in mixed driving, only a few mpg off my 07' Civic SI that I have before the Max.
I had a 07 civic si coupe before i just bought my maxima!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ksellers10
I see so many negative reviews and comments from people on here for the maxima. I just recently purchased one and i love it. Please post comments about what you absolutely love about your maxima and what car you owned prior to your 7th gen
Bought a '01, a '03 and a '05. Drove the wheels off all of them. I currently drive a GS400 and honestly, miss my Maxima. I drove a 7th gen for a few days a couple years ago and loved it! I'll be looking for a Maxima again in the near future I think.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Car Addict
Thanks for ruining the thread. Just kidding . Why don't you like it? Have you tried sport or manual mode?

yes and yes tho manual i dont use that much i have been driving in sport all the time to try and eliminate the "bog" after a normal acceleration. I am getting used to it but dont love it

But only have 600 miles so maybe in a few months will change my mind

On the topic of soft paint I am am an avid detailer and already have 6 coats of zaino on my white frost. Are all colors "soft" I havnt taken a buffer to it yet so dont know
Old 11-15-2011, 10:05 PM

I'm a positive Maxima owner.

Positive that I love my G coupe a lot more.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 AM

yes and yes tho manual i dont use that much i have been driving in sport all the time to try and eliminate the "bog" after a normal acceleration. I am getting used to it but dont love it

But only have 600 miles so maybe in a few months will change my mind

On the topic of soft paint I am am an avid detailer and already have 6 coats of zaino on my white frost. Are all colors "soft" I havnt taken a buffer to it yet so dont know
It's every make, model and paint color that Nissan sells. I have 5 coats of Zaino on my navy blue metallic, but only used the Porter Cable on it once so far (afraid that after a few rounds with the buffer, I won't have any clearcoat left )
Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 AM

^ Just a heads up. Nissan's paint quality is terrible on every vehicle they produce. They apply it way, way too thin. If you want your paint to last, you need to buy a clear bra or something.

I've never driven another car that had the paint chip off so easily when hit with road debris...
Old 11-16-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
^ Just a heads up. Nissan's paint quality is terrible on every vehicle they produce. They apply it way, way too thin. If you want your paint to last, you need to buy a clear bra or something.

I've never driven another car that had the paint chip off so easily when hit with road debris...
Jo0o chure your car has never been repaired?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
Jo0o chure your car has never been repaired?
In my family, we've had two Maximas and a 350z that were pearl white, an Altima that was forest green (whatever Nissan calls it), my G35, which is obsidian black, and my mom's G35, which is dark blue.

All six cars had the same issue. My G has had its hood/front fenders repainted due to the issue, and the paint the shop used is actually better quality than the stuff Nissan used.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:55 AM

The problem w Nissan paint is that they use a
****ty primer under the paint. My
Friend who runs a body shop said he deals with Nissan paint issues a lot AND there known rust issues. Apparently he said Nissan cars rust so bad all over. And I've noticed lots of Nissans - previous year with lots of rust

Another reason I prob won't buy another Nissan
By far worst paint on a car I've owned. And I don't drive my
Cars in the winter in Ma either.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by whit
The problem w Nissan paint is that they use a
****ty primer under the paint. My
Friend who runs a body shop said he deals with Nissan paint issues a lot AND there known rust issues. Apparently he said Nissan cars rust so bad all over. And I've noticed lots of Nissans - previous year with lots of rust

Another reason I prob won't buy another Nissan
By far worst paint on a car I've owned. And I don't drive my
Cars in the winter in Ma either.
It's funny because people would complain about Hondas paint being thin and the worst of any car maker. Now I own a Nissan and people complain about it here too. Stay off peoples asses on the road and u won't get debris on your front end. It's a car, its going to get chips.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett

You're absolutely right. I'm going to have the front clip repainted in a few years by a shop who does body work for Ferrari of Washington, then clearbra the entire front clip including side mirrors and A pillars.

Only thing that's gonna suck is the rest of the car will be swirl city
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

What are you all favorite element of the 7th gen. i love the comfort in the ride

Quick Reply: Positive MAXIMA owners