7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

anyone interested in getting these wheels with me ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 PM

it's on air suspension, you raise it up when you drive.

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Can you even drive that as slammed as that is and if you could all I can say is more power to ya!........
Old 03-25-2011, 06:55 PM

I just realized this is a lost cause, as most of you don't even know what air suspension is and think "foose" is the end all and be all in aftermarket car accessories.

nobody is right or wrong here, it is just what it is. It's just too bad because it could've been great to see the max in a very different showcase. I understand many of you are already getting coilovers, hopefully you take it in the right direction.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by BBmaxi
and here's your GTR wheels, u won't be able to get them for no less than 3000 dollars...and the 20" bmw m3 wheel will rock harder on a a35.

and let's call a spade a spade, the european designs all look better than these.

whatttt who told you 3000 grand for GT-R wheels?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:34 AM

yes that lexus looks ricey/cheesy/ whatever....i still think it's dumb to put different vehicle make wheels on ANY car...not just the maxima.. yes those wheels looks nice, yes they have a perfect offset/width...i don't think anyone disagrees with you on that...what everyone disagrees with is the fact that it's "cool" to put different wheels on the maxima.....

you're taking everything people say too literally.... an aftermarket brand wheel is just fine on ANY vehicle regardless of the origin (germany,japan,etc.) that's why it's called aftermarket....

and any REAL "car guy" would agree with everyone on here.... whether it be a nascar guy, hot rod guy, indy guy, import guy, or domestic guy.... if you want to get those AMG wheels, then go for it. but be prepared for everyone to say the same things they're saying here when you start posting pictures....you might get appreciation if you post it on the forum where you're getting those pictures of those cars....

Last edited by bluelion; 03-26-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by sg1214
YO THIS IS 3PCMAX22, THOSE WHEELS ALL SUCK YOU GUYS NEED TO SPEND AT LEAST 10k TO GET NICE WHEELS FOR THIS CAR $$$$$$$$$$$. Hahaha just kidding its just me.

Man, you had me. I thought he was back. Lmao...
Old 03-26-2011, 11:20 AM

haha Im just trying to lighten up the mood in this thread.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 AM

it's one thing to say amg-bmw M wheels look awkward on maxima's (even then that's a flawed statement because then your saying your brain dead and need marketing hype to make your decisions). It's admitting that you can't put two styles together and make up your own mind if two things match or do not match....but hey some people need marketing hype and brand names to make their decisions so I guess it's somewhat understandable.

but calling something cheesy that is totally NOT CHEESY (like that bad *** lexus aristo on bmw M wheels) is just a reflection on you and how much credebility you have to even critique ANYTHING

continue on with your brain dead, flames on the side, diamond studded wheels, BILLET grilles, hanging dices on your rear view mirrors.....oh and of course the chrome skull hood mascot.

calling it cheesy ricey is a total admission of how far behind you are. It is a waste of my time as there is absolutely nothing to gain for me in terms of discovering new tasteful styles and pushing the limits of new offerings.

when someone calls the VIPCAR lexus aristo on 19" m5 wheels cheesy, there is nothing left to be said. conversaton is over.

let me just end this with one statement: GO FOOSE, GO OC CHOPPERS!!! haha!

Simply ridiculous!

Originally Posted by bluelion
yes that lexus looks ricey/cheesy/ whatever....i still think it's dumb to put different vehicle make wheels on ANY car...not just the maxima.. yes those wheels looks nice, yes they have a perfect offset/width...i don't think anyone disagrees with you on that...what everyone disagrees with is the fact that it's "cool" to put different wheels on the maxima.....

you're taking everything people say too literally.... an aftermarket brand wheel is just fine on ANY vehicle regardless of the origin (germany,japan,etc.) that's why it's called aftermarket....

and any REAL "car guy" would agree with everyone on here.... whether it be a nascar guy, hot rod guy, indy guy, import guy, or domestic guy.... if you want to get those AMG wheels, then go for it. but be prepared for everyone to say the same things they're saying here when you start posting pictures....you might get appreciation if you post it on the forum where you're getting those pictures of those cars....

Last edited by BBmaxi; 03-26-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:32 PM

I have to agree that the Lexus on M6 wheels is NOT Cheesy. I would just change the centercaps up.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by sg1214
I have to agree that the Lexus on M6 wheels is NOT Cheesy. I would just change the centercaps up.
x2. Thats Aristo is a beaut!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:14 PM

BBMaxi I am a middle aged Maxima owner and I think that all people are trying to say in this thread is that placing any type of AMG, Mercedes, BMW badges or logos, etc. on a different car might lend ammunition to people to snicker at you at stop lights and in parking lots. Telling posters like me that I like flames on my car, diamonds on my grill, etc., is a bit ridiculous. There are many posters on this board that have tastefully upgraded their Maximas with aftermarket rims and body kits. You could easily accomplish this as well without having to resort to placing rims from an $80k+ car on a car that costs roughly $30-$35k, just my 2 cents.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM

BBmaxi, You are saying EVERYONE who disagrees with you is wrong... That is your opinion. NO ONE wants to match AMG wheels (Or any other auto manufacturers wheels including BMW, Ferrari, MB, ect..) with a Nissan. They may look good... but its like putting a diamond on a plastic band.

You can keep arguing and backing up YOUR OPINION but in the end the majority (everyone besides you) does not want any of the wheels you are offering.

I feel like this thread should be shut down. It is serving NO PURPOSE to the well being of this forum.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:25 PM

I have no problem putting those wheels on the car, its just the logos and centercaps that need to absolutley go.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:41 PM

and here's your GTR wheels, u won't be able to get them for no less than 3000 dollars...and the 20" bmw m3 wheel will rock harder on a a35.

and let's call a spade a spade, the european designs all look better than these.

I personally think that these GT-R's kick a$$ and IMO look a lot better than the european wheels......
Old 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by djdavebse
whatttt who told you 3000 grand for GT-R wheels?
They are on eBay for $3400 buy it now or best offer. Wheelsolutions09 is the seller. I wonder if the GTR wheels would work on a Max??? 20x9.5 front (45 offset) & 20x10.5 rear (25 offset)

Last edited by white09maxima; 03-26-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by white09maxima
They are on eBay for $3400 buy it now or best offer. Wheelsolutions09 is the seller. I wonder if the GTR wheels would work on a Max??? 20x9.5 front (45 offset) & 20x10.5 rear (25 offset)
i seen those wheels for like 285 a piece
Old 03-26-2011, 07:29 PM

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merch...&Store_Code=HC

There ya is...
Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 PM

I'll go with some Enkei wheels when I decide to get em personally...
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by maxxxxspeed
thats not the site i seen it on the site i seen it on had the dark one too
Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 PM

Im pretty sure the GTR wheels would stick out in the back.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:14 PM

check this out

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/gtr_wheels.htm
Old 03-26-2011, 09:26 PM

Ugly wheels
Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 PM

Here is a older model lexus GS on 19" BMW M6 wheels.

those who see the potential when other's don't are the ones that get ahead in life.

they didn't even bother removing the bmw wheel badge.

It's a Toyota dude, look at the grill.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
Wow, good call on the Toyota badge on the front, I didn't even notice that initially, I just assumed it was a Lexus. I wonder if they sold Lexus bodied vehicles as Toyotas in other parts of the world?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:25 PM

It's a Toyobeemer......
Old 03-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Or it was a Lexus GS and they threw Toyota badges on it and BMW wheels so it's more confused about its sexuality than Justin Bieber.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Joey D
Or it was a Lexus GS and they threw Toyota badges on it and BMW wheels so it's more confused about its sexuality than Justin Bieber.

Really doesn't make sense to put other make symbols on your car then its own make. I see idiots who throw cadillac wheels and grilles on chevys and its just plain stupid and yea ricey like all the little fart can cars that have gt badges and ss badges . Those wheels would look good on a maxima but without the mercedes and amg symbol.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:37 PM

but cadillac and chevy are both still General Motors....i personally don't see a problem with that.... i know the pontiac G8 guys would put the cts-v wheels on their rides.....again, same automaker......
Old 03-27-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING

Really doesn't make sense to put other make symbols on your car then its own make. I see idiots who throw cadillac wheels and grilles on chevys and its just plain stupid and yea ricey like all the little fart can cars that have gt badges and ss badges . Those wheels would look good on a maxima but without the mercedes and amg symbol.
Hey don't knock those badges, those badges are scientifically proven to add at least 20-30 HP to any vehicle. Also, the large rear wings you see on Honda Civics and Mitsu Eclipses, etc.? They add at least 50 HP to those vehicles. Also be warned that the stickers you see on the vehicles mentioned above are also good for at least 5-10 HP per sticker. Again, just a heads up so you don't get embarrassed when you are next to one at a stop light.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:36 PM

uh ya really ? you think so ? freaking TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:25 PM

this thread is awesome.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 AM

ya good call!

go boyd codington wheels!!! yeah!! nascar rocks!!

Originally Posted by Schneid
Wow, good call on the Toyota badge on the front, I didn't even notice that initially, I just assumed it was a Lexus. I wonder if they sold Lexus bodied vehicles as Toyotas in other parts of the world?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 AM

Dont give up BBmaxi...

Eventually SOMEONE will want to put AMG wheels on there maxima.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:59 AM

dood I could care less if anyone wants dibs in the deal or not, I'd be a lot more calculating if I actually had some skin in the game.

negatively criticizing something that breaks new ground, taking two totally different things that suppose to not work, and then making it work so perfectly is really what this is all about, and in many ways, is what VIPcar is all about.

to see something so well executed, making two styles match so well, getting the offsets and fittment so right, taking something the mainstream would usually frown up and then flipping it on it's head by proving otherwise....is talent.

but finding fault on a lame "label", worrying about a lame trivial "brand" after seeing something truly unique and powerful is pretty weak. who cares what the wheel branding is when the major, critical process has been so thoroughly thought out and so well executed.

It's so funny when those calling it "ricey" are the ones playing with generic offsets and generic, over the counter brands.

Originally Posted by maxxxxspeed
Dont give up BBmaxi...

Eventually SOMEONE will want to put AMG wheels on there maxima.

Last edited by BBmaxi; 03-28-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 AM

ugly wheels ? well you have a 6th gen maxima!! of course u would think so.

if your going to criticize something, please have something to back up your comments...not a 6th gen maxima.

Originally Posted by Rsprince89
Ugly wheels
Old 03-28-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by djdavebse

Good LAURD!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM

the inspiration and juxtaposition begins now: Go low, or go home.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:13 PM

the inspiration and juxtaposition begins now: Go low, or go home.

Those wheels look great on that BMW and they'd look good on a Max too, but just get rid of the BMW center caps... that's what people are saying.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 AM

This sort of deal is normal for the [vipstyling/stance/euro] scene, running amg wheels on a different make other than mercedes. Most people that are not familiar with those tuning scenes, might not like it, which seems like the majority.

I think those amg wheels would look nice on a maxima, with a good low stance of course.

In regards to those BMW wheels, there are other alternatives with better offsets.

Trafficstar SFR

Trafficstar STR

unless you like the full face/mono block styles, go with the oem M wheels
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM

Those are really nice, but it's a maxima, not a Mercedes AMG class...
Old 03-31-2011, 09:33 PM

ya those trafficstars are nice but pretty pricey.

I've been playing with multi piece, deep lip look for a while and I kinda want to just simplify everything and go with a monoblock look with a tightly squeezed super low drop just for car shows. Plus 20" on a maxima look a tad bit small so a full face mono would really help get the reach it needs. I really don't want to go above 20".

it's kinda odd, The bmw 5 series is 4 inches longer and look just right with 20" but 20" on a maxima a35 looks small.

even 22" on a lexus ls460 big body look just like the a35 max in 22" in terms of porportion.

Originally Posted by Chivalrous Catfish
This sort of deal is normal for the [vipstyling/stance/euro] scene, running amg wheels on a different make other than mercedes. Most people that are not familiar with those tuning scenes, might not like it, which seems like the majority.

I think those amg wheels would look nice on a maxima, with a good low stance of course.

In regards to those BMW wheels, there are other alternatives with better offsets.

Trafficstar SFR

Trafficstar STR

unless you like the full face/mono block styles, go with the oem M wheels

Quick Reply: anyone interested in getting these wheels with me ?