7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium Package Dual Panel Roof

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Maximasuds
Have the exact same problem with my 1 week old 2010. Loud "crack" when my back tires roll off my drive way onto the street in the morning, right above my left ear. Only time all day I have heard it so far.
I have heard something similar as I pull out the drive in the AM. Not every day, but often enough. I will try to be more aware of this and note the conditions.

1300 miles and 6 weeks.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Satori
I have heard something similar as I pull out the drive in the AM. Not every day, but often enough. I will try to be more aware of this and note the conditions.

1300 miles and 6 weeks.
Sounds like the same issue I had with mine and it got progressively worse. There is a service bulletin out on the roof for them to basically tighten some screws to a spec and all is well. Worked for mine. I don't have the bulletin number handy but your stealership should be able to pull it up no problem.

Shawn
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 AM

So, I was hearing the pop several times a day, but it wasn't terribly annoying. Since I'm getting my windows tinted soon but don't know exactly when, I figured I would go get the TSB done.

I took my car in last Monday, Oct. 11th, and they had it fixed in an hour. The dealership was nice enough to let me photograph the work, so I went ahead and wrote it up on my web site (and thought I'd share on here):

http://www.road-reality.com/2010/10/...nissan-maxima/

It was interesting that they couldn't reproduce the noise with the tech driving, so they had me drive, and I got it to make the noise repeatedly
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM

^wow,What a good write up.thank you.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
^wow,What a good write up.thank you.
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 PM

I hear the popping sound when backing into the driveway. I couldn't quite tell where it was coming from but now I do.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:11 AM

DraKhen99 - Better than a textbook! I wonder if your post might be moved to a sticky? This is info that could be useful for all years of the 7th gen.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
DraKhen99 - Better than a textbook! I wonder if your post might be moved to a sticky? This is info that could be useful for all years of the 7th gen.
Thanks, light! I'm glad you enjoyed the read. It's up to the mods of the forum to make it sticky ... but if they want to, that's fine by me!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Thanks to all, great information....
Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 PM

roof

Originally Posted by capttom515
^ same here. Only seems to happen when I first start driving and not a peep after that.
funny you guys say this...i have same issue.....soon as i pull out every day when i hit the bump turning left i always hear a click sound....then thats it after that
Old 11-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

First post. Hi!

It seems you all are talking of a "popping" or "creaking" noise, yes? I've noticed a "rattling" sound in my 2 month old Maxima since I got it, that's only noticable when the roof is closed, but the cloth is open. I didn't think anything of it until I read this post.

Am I hearing a different noise, or is this the same thing everyones talking about?
Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2009 dual roof noises

I have an '09 Premimum Package model...fully loaded....The sunroof makes all kinds of noises such as clunks and thumps over bumps, potholes, etc....Also, the front left strut still makes groaning noises over dips and bumps despite having been "fixed" countless times...The sunroof noises keep getting worse. I see from other posts that other owners have similar complaints with their Maximas..Is it worth another trip to the dealer???? They've been unable to fix the strut noise despite having it for over a week one time...(they put a "collar" on it but would not replace the strut. I will NEVER buy another Nissan product again.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by BKeller
I have an '09 Premimum Package model...fully loaded....The sunroof makes all kinds of noises such as clunks and thumps over bumps, potholes, etc....Also, the front left strut still makes groaning noises over dips and bumps despite having been "fixed" countless times...The sunroof noises keep getting worse. I see from other posts that other owners have similar complaints with their Maximas..Is it worth another trip to the dealer???? They've been unable to fix the strut noise despite having it for over a week one time...(they put a "collar" on it but would not replace the strut. I will NEVER buy another Nissan product again.
I hear you man, I had front strut noises this past summer real bad, they performed some TSB where they put some type of thing around the strut assembly and it got rid of the noise. Now, that the colder weather is coming I can hear some noises over speed bumps again, but not sure if it is the fronts or rear's b/c I know there is a TSB for a noise on the rear suspension buckle somewhere. My passenger front seat shakes still and Nissan can't seem to fix any of these things. Best advice I can give is this, turn up the BOSE as much as you can to drown out the noises and enjoy the ride! The dealers have been very dismissive and really don't want to help or tell you that all Maxima's are like that. I can completely understand why both Nissan and Infiniti are ranked near the bottom of their respective categories in customer service, dealership experience, and satisfaction by JD Power.

Last edited by smarty666; 11-20-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My dealership did the TSB last summer which retorque the entire sunroof and never hear any noise since. Winter is now here in Calgary and event at minus 25C, no noise at all. From a dealership service perceptive, mine is giving us great service and we recently purchased a 2010 Rogue SL AWD
Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by robf
I had another issue with my moonroof which was FINALLY fixed after 3 visits to the dealer. Details: I used moonroof maybe 10x and then one day while trying to close it, it wouldn't fully close - i.e. it would flip back open. Went outside car and saw that something was sticking out the back (and safety feature kicked in). A part of the moonroof broke off and had slid to the back. Anyway after 3 visits they finally took care of the issue. And get this: one time they told me they fixed it; I went out w/the service adviser to explain what was done; nothing was done! Nothing. Third time was a charm And my boss wasn't too happy about me coming in late for that! see pics

My Maxima with premium package is two years old this month and I just noticed something sticking out of the closed moon roof. Discovered the problem is exactly as you describe. I am currently in Florida and will be returning to Mass in 10 days. I noticed the rear glass panel does have a slight dent from the pressure of the piece that was sticking out. Before you got yours fixed, was there any leaking when closed? I prefer to wait until I return home to get it fixed at my local dealer.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by redsoxfan
My Maxima with premium package is two years old this month and I just noticed something sticking out of the closed moon roof. Discovered the problem is exactly as you describe. I am currently in Florida and will be returning to Mass in 10 days. I noticed the rear glass panel does have a slight dent from the pressure of the piece that was sticking out. Before you got yours fixed, was there any leaking when closed? I prefer to wait until I return home to get it fixed at my local dealer.
No leaking whatsoever. I did see a similar "dent" but it was only temporary. Hope you got is fixed OK.
Rob