7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infinity Basslink II Self Powered Sub Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Oby20
Thanks for the Info. I'm new to all this so I didn't know that a harness would resolve my problem. My friend knows how to install radios he just didn't use the speaker wires when he did his installation because he changed all the speakers and ran new wires. Thanks
Ahh what I got form your post was he was just cutting off the harness just to wire it to all the factory wiring. My bad for the horrible assumption.

If you still need the wiring info I can email it to you. Just give me ur email. I don't want to post it on here in fear that someone will mess something up ya know.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mlang2000
Link doesnt work.Anybody have the wiring diagram for the bose subs?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM

I would like to have the diagram also.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:14 AM

The link is still working. The AV.pdf is for audio/video.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:43 PM

cool, it does.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Which color wire on the rear deck subs are poss an neg
Old 03-31-2024, 03:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

E

Originally Posted by ANNINO
That sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for, I've outgrown the days of getting 1500W+ amps and 15" Titanium subs... What I want now is clean, tight bass. I read some reviews, and like any product, some people complained about it. They said that it kept breaking and some other people said it wasn't durable and blew out after a year. Have you had any problems with this?

FYI, Rockford also has an all in one solution now, but its $600 and freq response isn't quite as good.

Bass is non-directional and the trunk, when properly done aka fired towards the back with give you around a 3db boost by the time it makes it to the front. The real trick is that a bass wave is long so the longer it has to expand the better. The trunk is the ONLY PLACE to put a real sub. The 20 kHz wave is very short this is why it is so directional vs a sub having no real direction to it. By the way I have been in car audio for 30 years. Ran many install bays and owned my own shop. Some of the things I see on this forum are kinda cool but also some not so good. Like an 8 gauge power wire to a sub amp isn't so great unless your amp has very very little power. I always say 4gauge or bigger. I personally run zero gauge wire then use a distribution block for the power wires. It's a cleaner installation that way and the distribution block should also be fused so it is easy to replace the individual fuses for each amp if required. NEVER run your power wire down the same side as your signal cables (RCA). This can lead to unwanted noise. I cannot imagine an all-in-one 8" sub can even really be heard but I guess it depends on what you really are looking for. I ended up with an 09' maxima S there is no 09 SV as far as I am aware. For a factory system it's actually not all that bad. It obviously uses metal tweeters as you can hear how bright they are. Replacing your tweets with a silk dome tweeter will make a world of difference. Most people want to keep the factory screen and Bose amp so adding a sub is pretty easy. Yes you use a line converter also known as a high to low converter so you can grab the already crossed over output going to those speakers. One thing to think about is the crossover in your amp. Since the audio is already crossed over and then you use the amp crossover it will be a pretty heavy crossover. You will get basically zero sound above what your amp is set to. I saw someone saying something about 300hz and down but it's more like 100hz and down that should ever come out of a sub. The larger the subwoofer is the lower you want your crossover set as a 12" sub doesn't want to play anything over 80hz. Ideally you would not even use the stock locations up front except the door which you need to turn into an enclosure or as close to one as possible. I used focal polykevlar 6.5" in my doors and I could out bump a guy with 2 10" subs. It is all about the details. Putting your mid/tweet into a kickpanel that is laser aligned on the floor is going to give best center image. A center channnel speaker shouldn't be used unless your install is lacking and you use factory locations. Anyways I just got on this forum for kicks. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!