7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have drove a loaner more miles than my NEW car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Angry I have drove a loaner more miles than my NEW car.

UPDATE I moved this from http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...-question.html :

Service Rep called me first today, rather than I calling them. My Max is still NOT fixed. They still don't know what is causing the problem. Looks like another day driving the POS loaner. It's bad when you have put more miles on the loaner than your own car. They have had it since Fri. May 15th. If this lasts across memorial weekend into next Tuesday, some heads are going to roll.

Originally Posted by 09Maxima_Sam
Yes all other door solenoids work fine. Dome lights do not work with the main switch or their respective independent switches. Vanity Mirror lights are still dead. I am thinking that since both problems are at the same time that a switch/plug/wire in the door is bad. Thus causing the car to think that I have left the door open, so battery protection features have kicked in and shut off that doors lock and the interior lights. Even though when the passenger door is open, is the only time it is displayed on the info center in the speedometer cluster.

It's hard to offer someone a ride in your new car, when you have to reach around and unlock the door for them...
Other Info: The passenger side lock/unlock door solenoid does not work as well.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Pretty much all the interior lights gone... hmm...

Only time I've heard of that happening is when a fuse is blown. I'm guessing you checked that though.

Sorry for your problems.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Yep they checked that. The door lock worked for the 1st day, the second day it died, third day the interior lights including trunk and vanity mirrors died. On occasion driving down the road, the lights would randomally turn back on, only to be dead again at the next car start.

They replaced the solenoid today, and that did not fix anything.

Last edited by 09Maxima_Sam; 05-20-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 PM

Yep they checked that. The door lock worked for the 1st day, the second day it died, third day the interior lights including trunk and vanity mirrors died. On occasion driving down the road, the lights would randomally turn back on, only to be dead again at the next car start.

They replaced the solenoid today, and that did not fix anything.
Did it ever occur to you that your car is a LEMON? You should implement the Lemon Law in your state and demand a new vehicle or your money back! You don't deserve that kind of service for a 40K car man!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Demand a new car! This is BS
Old 05-21-2009, 01:43 AM

I'm usually very patient, but dauntlessmax and BLACKNESS MONSTA are saying things I can't argue with at this point. You deserve better than this.

I think you should at least be driving something equivalent to the vehicle you bought. A Forrester is a safe, dependable vehicle, and acceptable for overnight repairs, or even for several days. But you bought a beautiful '09 Maxima in good faith. Your dealer should either fix your car fairly quickly, or furnish you an '09 Maxima as a loaner.

If he will not do this, then it is probably time to ask him where you can obtain the paperwork to dump this car under the lemon law. Of course you could obtain that paperwork without his help, but by asking him, he will understand you are very serious about this situation, and his time for fixing the problem is almost up.

It is fairly clear there is a major electrical problem with your car, and if your dealer can't find and fix it within the first week or so, he should be looking for another new '09 equipped exactly like yours. As a Maxima owner, you deserve that courtesy.

I can't imagine my disappointment had I been shuffled into a Forrester so soon after purchasing my beautiful '09, and then left there.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 AM

Yep, I hear you guys, and the "frustrated/pi$$ed off" part of me agrees with you. I wish my wife felt the same way. She wants me to give them some additional chances to fix it. So I will give it until Tuesday May 26. If it ain't fixed then, it's time to start making some calls.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM

Yeah I totally agree with the others here. I had a 99 Volvo that needed a new ABS module and the dealer gave us an 04 XC90, (it was 04). I got the same treatment from the Saab dealership as well. Nissan on the other hand gave me a Ford Contour, I was so embarrassed I left it in my garage until my car was fixed.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Wow, OT but Nissan seems to really have something going on with Ford.........
Old 05-21-2009, 06:49 PM

the ONLY problem that could be causing the light problem is a ground problem. I'm not understanding why they have not atleast fixed the lights. why are they replacing solnoid when all they have to do is put 12v on it and test it. Sound like all you have is parts replacer that do not know how to troubleshoot. It ain'tt that hard.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
boost me.....

Yep, I hear you guys, and the "frustrated/pi$$ed off" part of me agrees with you. I wish my wife felt the same way. She wants me to give them some additional chances to fix it. So I will give it until Tuesday May 26. If it ain't fixed then, it's time to start making some calls.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM

Good News, It's fixed, I got it back around 4:30 yesterday. I was starting to doubt the issue.

I was told by my service writer that this was the first 2009 Maxima they ever worked on.

Basically they replaced the door lock solenoid on the passenger front door, and that did not do it. Then they were ready to replace the BCM thinking it was that, but had to wait for one to be overnighted in. The next morning as the tech was getting started he noticed that a few of the pins in one of the BCM connectors was not seated properly. He gave each pin a shove, they clicked into their positions and low behold all works again. That would explain why it worked some days and others not, plus the bump in the road and the lights would come on issue.

When I arrive to pick up the and as I was signing their paperwork, of course no cost to me, I noticed that on an alternate paper they were charging to $400 to Nissan for the work.

My only question why did this take so long? My wife's answer they most likely let it set for a day or two before they ever got started on it.

Last edited by 09Maxima_Sam; 05-22-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:45 PM

Good News, It's fixed, I got it back around 4:30 yesterday. I was starting to doubt the issue.

I was told by my service writer that this was the first 2009 Maxima they ever worked on.

Basically they replaced the door lock solenoid on the passenger front door, and that did not do it. Then they were ready to replace the BCM thinking it was that, but had to wait for one to be overnighted in. The next morning as the tech was getting started he noticed that a few of the pins in one of the BCM connectors was not seated properly. He gave each pin a shove, they clicked into their positions and low behold all works again. That would explain why it worked some days and others not, plus the bump in the road and the lights would come on issue.

When I arrive to pick up the and as I was signing their paperwork, of course no cost to me, I noticed that on an alternate paper they were charging to $400 to Nissan for the work.

My only question why did this take so long? My wife's answer they most likely let it set for a day or two before they ever got started on it.

Hip! Hip! Hurrah! (old college cheer from the 1940s) - I am so very happy this onerous problem has been fixed. The fix sorta fits with the problem, when we think about it. But this is the type problem that cannot be deciphered by thinking the symptoms through, and can be very difficult to find.

Truth be known, there are many hundreds of wires running in all directions throughout this '09 Maxima, and many are frighteningly interrelated in some manner. Whenever I happen to encounter some of these wiring harnesses while piddling around, I am always impressed with the endless number of wires running everywhere. In a way, I am impressed that any wiring problem on this '09 can be resolved.

Your wife is correct in that service departments of necessity are contuinually shuffling cars in and out, and you car spent more time on the service lot than in a service bay, but that is normal.

Man, I am so happy for you. Enjoy this beautiful baby! Make up for lost time by driving right to the busiest traffic area you can find, and sit there smiling in your svelte, aggressive, muscular Maxima as others pretend not to notice while they fiddle with stereos, cell phones, etc. But we know they are sulking as they jealously stew in their Accords and Camrys and lesser carriages.

Enjoy!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
....... Enjoy this beautiful baby! Make up for lost time by driving right to the busiest traffic area you can find, and sit there smiling in your svelte, aggressive, muscular Maxima as others pretend not to notice while they fiddle with stereos, cell phones, etc. But we know they are sulking as they jealously stew in their Accords and Camrys and lesser carriages.

Enjoy!
I am already there.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Finally some sunny pics of the girl. Still got to give her a name though.

Hmmm....

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/i...2004gp/Maxima/
Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva
Pretty much all the interior lights gone... hmm...

Only time I've heard of that happening is when a fuse is blown. I'm guessing you checked that though.

Sorry for your problems.

I saw that happen in Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Old 05-23-2009, 05:08 PM

Finally some sunny pics of the girl. Still got to give her a name though.

Hmmm....

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/i...2004gp/Maxima/

Beautiful car. Excellent camera, also; I enlarged these photos and still had crisp detail. Crisp enough to note that you and I share a July birthday, and that your right tailpipe is almost a half inch closer to the bumper than your left tailpipe; exactly as mine is.

When naming my Maximas with feminine names, I always choose one that my wife will know did not come from some old flame. I have used Hildegarde, Esmerelda, Hommelore, Earnestine and Beulah. You might choose something a little lighter, such as Aquilla (eagle) or Vela (sail).

To quote the quip from Esso commercials of the 1950s: Happy Motoring!