7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

STILLEN Rear Sway Bar Released!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

STILLEN Rear Sway Bar Released!

Hi guys! Wanted to give you the heads up that we've released the 7th gen Maxima Rear Sway Bar!

This sway bar (part #304401) is a solid bar that replaces your factory rear bar, and is one of the easiest ways to increase the handling of your car. Sway bars work to reduce body roll when cornering, keeping the car flatter through turns.

Installation is a snap, I'll have the instructions up next week, but it's basically just removing your current sway bar and bolting up the STILLEN RSB. These will also work well in conjunction with lowering springs, and a must have for anyone looking for better handling.

There is a special introductory price for a limited time, we like to give the early adopters a price break, and get some bars out there.

STILLEN Rear Sway Bar

Last edited by Team STILLEN; 02-21-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Purchased!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Actually you're the first! If possible I'm sure the guys here would love any installation photos, and your final thoughts on a review when you receive and install it.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 AM

Man just when I thought I was completely done with the modifications of my MAX!!! I don't plan on lowering her for now, because I am VERY pleased with the way she handles now with the sport package suspension. But now I am curious if this would help just a little bit more hmmmmm?

Well I will wait and see until more people purchase and give their opinions. I truly love my exhaust note with the Intake added to it though. I even went to the dealership the other day to get my oil changed and I had almost every salesman and technician over at my ride oohhhhhing and awwwing over it with the entire setup I have running in it!!! They couldn't believe the way she sounded with her new set of lungs!! I LOVE IT!!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by choice89
Man just when I thought I was completely done with the modifications of my MAX!!! I don't plan on lowering her for now, because I am VERY pleased with the way she handles now with the sport package suspension. But now I am curious if this would help just a little bit more hmmmmm?

Well I will wait and see until more people purchase and give their opinions. I truly love my exhaust note with the Intake added to it though. I even went to the dealership the other day to get my oil changed and I had almost every salesman and technician over at my ride oohhhhhing and awwwing over it with the entire setup I have running in it!!! They couldn't believe the way she sounded with her new set of lungs!! I LOVE IT!!
This will have a significant impact with or without lowering the car, it improves the body roll, which while springs will help with slightly, does not have a significant impact on.

The rear sway bar is a perfect add on for handling, regardless if you lower (which means you're also going to stiffen the springs) or not, but with springs you'll see a combined handling effort.

Didn't mean to make this upgrade seem like it needed springs to see the benefit.. the Sway Bar will reduce body roll, which is the majority of the feeling you get while cornering, it will keep the car flat instead of feeling like it's a lifted Suburban going to flip over on its side on a curvy freeway on-ramp..

Last edited by Team STILLEN; 02-22-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
Actually you're the first! If possible I'm sure the guys here would love any installation photos, and your final thoughts on a review when you receive and install it.
Will do. I also have the Eibach springs on order from you guys for when they come in in April. I'll probably do the sway bar when I do the springs. I'll do a write up on both installs.

Last edited by 350FORMAX; 02-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 350FORMAX
Will do. I also have the Eibach springs on order from you guys for when they come in in April. I'll probably do the sway bar when I do the springs. I'll do a write up on both installs.
I'd suggest you do the two installs separately. Try the swaybars first and take a week or two before you add the springs. That way you'll be able to discern the differences in the way your Maxima handles and rides.

Besides, a non-adjustable swaybar should be quite easy to install by itself. The Eibachs will take a bit more effort and you'll want to do a alignment afterwards.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dkmura
I'd suggest you do the two installs separately. Try the swaybars first and take a week or two before you add the springs. That way you'll be able to discern the differences in the way your Maxima handles and rides.

Besides, a non-adjustable swaybar should be quite easy to install by itself. The Eibachs will take a bit more effort and you'll want to do a alignment afterwards.
Agree completely..
Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 AM

Thanks Josh, I think the things you have been putting out for the new Max is what most of us are looking for. Not many of us will be here trying to race our Maximas or make them wickedly fast but we do appreciate the cosmetic and handling/braking performance parts you are offering.

From what I've seen thus far your prices are fair and your shop is only one of the very few that are offering such parts at this moment for the new Max.

I ordered the rear Roof Wing plus the UDP & Belt from you and I'm sure I will be ordering the RSB probably by tonight, eventually I'll end up getting the Front Lip Spoiler and Sides but I'm saving the bigger cosmetic projects until after I've purchased my rims.

Thanks

PS: I know your prices are about as low as you can go and you probably won't get a high volume of purchases to warrant this request below but if you can it'll be greatly appreciate it by us:

Do you or can you offer us who are in the Military a Military Discount??

Thanks again.

Staff Sergeant E
Old 02-23-2009, 11:52 AM

I just ordered mine, HOOAH!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Brian!!

Yes these are discounted pretty good.. Sometimes it's tough.

and yes, I'm trying to get a military discount program in effect.. I'm hoping sooner than later. Give me a shout when you're ready for the urethane, I'll see what I can do.

Josh
Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
Thanks Brian!!

Yes these are discounted pretty good.. Sometimes it's tough.

and yes, I'm trying to get a military discount program in effect.. I'm hoping sooner than later. Give me a shout when you're ready for the urethane, I'll see what I can do.

Josh
Thanks Josh, good looking out Bro. I appreciate it very much.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 PM

hey josh

hey josh!! i got the hi flow intake from you guys back in december!! and this is something i might be interested in getting.. the rear sway bar!! but wats the diamter on the bar cuz i think the stock one is like 20sumthing mm. juss wanting to know and is this one better or the adjustable sway bars?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eccentrichiphop
hey josh!! i got the hi flow intake from you guys back in december!! and this is something i might be interested in getting.. the rear sway bar!! but wats the diamter on the bar cuz i think the stock one is like 20sumthing mm. juss wanting to know and is this one better or the adjustable sway bars?
Not sure about the size but it does say that the Sway Bar is NOT adjustable.

Most ppl (I'm sure you know this) who buy the adjustable sway bars are normally those who are into serious racing and I think an adjustable (while very nice) are really not necessary to get the kind of ride quality most of us are looking for seeing that 99% of us won't be doing any serious racing with our cars.

I think this Sway Bar is perfect for our daily use.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:24 PM

how thick is this bar?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:19 AM

Is the sway bar easy to install? I mean I don't need to have to take it t have it done, right? It looks like it only has 2 bolts.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes, this is a perfect driveway project. Here's the installation instructions..

http://www.stillen.com/product_files/304401~inst.pdf
Old 03-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Josh, any chance of getting a video/sound clip of the stillen exhaust posted?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:04 PM

Has anyone installed the rear sway bar? I have an SV Premium and wonder how it would affect the ride. I really like the current ride and don't want to sacrifice comfort for performance. I would, though, like it to be a little tighter on the turns. What do you guys think?

Last edited by NCSUpilot; 03-12-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:06 PM

Wow great price!