7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fog lights..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm a newb here, and this is my first Max (Now I see what all the talk is about, I love my 09 Maxima). While this thread is on fog lights, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I noticed the other night that my passenger side fog light, was busted (Glass and all). I was wondering how do I go about replacing it, no the bulb but the glass. Your cooperation is appreciated in advance.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 PM

putting in HIDs into fogs will bump up your lumens output, which can cause legal issues!
there is a max. lumens output you're allowed to have per DOT
Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 AM

Ebay Supplier

Originally Posted by michaelle8885
I re-purchased some 6k's off eBay, they are almost perfect, but not exact, i'm not wasting anymore money and honestly the 6k's are the close enough. I'll try to get some pictures up soon...
Can you tell which supplier on ebay you bought them from? I want to buy a set and install it with the KP technolgies fog light kit. This will allow the foglights to be turned on separately from the head lights.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by eccentrichiphop
aye i didnt like the fog likes with the hid!! hid are descent hid bulbs probably the cheapest brand for hid!! but i replaced my fog lights h11 for piaa yellow h11 light bulbs and it changed the looks alot and it looks pretty nice compared the original set up

Hey do you have any pics? Is it easy to swap out the fog bulbs?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by G9Max
Hey do you have any pics? Is it easy to swap out the fog bulbs?
I dont have any pic's of my install but it is easy as either going through the wheel wells or taking off the plastic cover under your car just enough to get the the bulbs. Then just twist and pull out replace and put everything back together again.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:29 PM

I just installed my yellow fogs today. It literally took about 2 minutes per light. It was by far the easiest bulb change I have ever done. I've never used H11 bulbs and wow they are so easy to change. I remember back in the day when you needed 2 screwdrivers just to undo the clips holding in the bulb. This was awesome. Anyway, I didn't need any tools, just reached up under the bumper, grabbed the bulb, twisted and reapeated in reverse. There was no need to remove any plastic or anything. I'd post pics but I have absolutly no idea how to... This small change makes a surprisingly big difference in the attitude of the front end.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:41 AM

I think I figured out the pictures.... This is right after I installed them... pretty damn bright during the day.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
I just installed my yellow fogs today. It literally took about 2 minutes per light. It was by far the easiest bulb change I have ever done. I've never used H11 bulbs and wow they are so easy to change. I remember back in the day when you needed 2 screwdrivers just to undo the clips holding in the bulb. This was awesome. Anyway, I didn't need any tools, just reached up under the bumper, grabbed the bulb, twisted and reapeated in reverse. There was no need to remove any plastic or anything. I'd post pics but I have absolutly no idea how to... This small change makes a surprisingly big difference in the attitude of the front end.
In what area did you just reach up under the bumper from? Cause under my car i have push pins holding a plastic cover thats under the entire engine bay. I had to take mine off to get to my bulbs
Old 05-17-2009, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
In what area did you just reach up under the bumper from? Cause under my car i have push pins holding a plastic cover thats under the entire engine bay. I had to take mine off to get to my bulbs
Hmmm.. that's interesting. Under my front end there is a plastic piece that connects between the bumper and the engine bay. This is on the ends right under the fog lights. There is another piece like this under the middle part of the bumper - but in between these 2 pieces there is a ~8" gap. I reached right up thru here angled towards the fender and accessed the fog lights no problem. Is this not normal? Perhaps the dealer forgot to reinstall these pieces for some reason?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Hmmm.. that's interesting. Under my front end there is a plastic piece that connects between the bumper and the engine bay. This is on the ends right under the fog lights. There is another piece like this under the middle part of the bumper - but in between these 2 pieces there is a ~8" gap. I reached right up thru here angled towards the fender and accessed the fog lights no problem. Is this not normal? Perhaps the dealer forgot to reinstall these pieces for some reason?
Any chance you can post pix? I get what your talking about i just have to see that for myself. My cover under neath is one full plastic cover. I'll take a pic as well and post after i'm done with my intake install.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:33 AM

the type of bulbs for the fogs is H11?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 AM

the type of bulbs for the fogs is H11?
Yes, H11 is the bulb type.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 AM

thanx i need to change those awful factory bulbs! what k gives you a hyper white with a hint of blue?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 AM

thanx i need to change those awful factory bulbs! what k gives you a hyper white with a hint of blue?
6000k is what you are probably looking for. 5000k is a specialty option that gives you a brighter white with an almost hint of blue depending on the angle where as 6000k is a less brighter white with a blueish tint to it, some angles it can be quite blue.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
6000k is what you are probably looking for. 5000k is a specialty option that gives you a brighter white with an almost hint of blue depending on the angle where as 6000k is a less brighter white with a blueish tint to it, some angles it can be quite blue.
thanx for the info
Old 05-19-2009, 01:49 PM

thanx for the info
Np man, glad I could help I personally prefer 8000k because I am severely colour blind and the blue help me see better at night, I just find the lower k's just blend in.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:37 PM

does anyone know how the heck to get the fogs lights to turn on with the parking lights on the 09' max?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:36 PM

yes, there is a module that you can get. Involves some wiring into your system though. I have to get together with the developer and see if it works on the 09...
Old 05-19-2009, 05:45 PM

what you guys opinion on the H11 led bulbs replacement?
they seem very bright chec it out on ebay
Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Blulytes
yes, there is a module that you can get. Involves some wiring into your system though. I have to get together with the developer and see if it works on the 09...
Ya i've seen that module. Can't wait to see if it does work with the 09's The only reason why i wouldn't like that is cause i would have to splice into the factory wiring which i'm not that fond of. Also when you meet up with the person can you find out of the module that when you lock your doors automatically closes your windows and sunroof also works with out car?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:27 PM

what you guys opinion on the H11 led bulbs replacement?
they seem very bright chec it out on ebay
LED's are not as bright as halogen for road illuminating purposes YET. especially these. But there have been great leaps in the LED world. Trust me, if they were as bright or brighter... I would have absolutely have gotten them myself.

Here is the warning from autolumination when it comes to LED bulbs.
(Note: Led fog & running lights are for show and color only. Although these are the brightest led fog and running lights made, they are not as bright as halogen bulbs).
Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 PM

LED's are not as bright as halogen for road illuminating purposes YET. especially these. But there have been great leaps in the LED world. Trust me, if they were as bright or brighter... I would have absolutely have gotten them myself.

Here is the warning from autolumination when it comes to LED bulbs.
(Note: Led fog & running lights are for show and color only. Although these are the brightest led fog and running lights made, they are not as bright as halogen bulbs).

thanks for the info, for some reason I thought they were brighter hence illuminate the road better
Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have an S, and I would like to install fog-lights. Anyone know how tough it would be to get the OEM fog-lights for an SV and have them put on this S? They aren't an option based upon the documentation from Nissan, but I was hoping.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by lwimble
I have an S, and I would like to install fog-lights. Anyone know how tough it would be to get the OEM fog-lights for an SV and have them put on this S? They aren't an option based upon the documentation from Nissan, but I was hoping.
Me too.......
Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree, it does look tacky. I installed 3000k HID fogs last week...they look friggin great.

I'm debating if if should switch it up to 6000k. I have 6000k d2s bulbs im waiting to throw in, and I'm thinking maybe the matched fogs will look better on a silver car then the 3000k's. Once I get all the bulbs im waiting on, I'll get in there and throw them all in at once.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by logik05se
I agree, it does look tacky. I installed 3000k HID fogs last week...they look friggin great.

I'm debating if if should switch it up to 6000k. I have 6000k d2s bulbs im waiting to throw in, and I'm thinking maybe the matched fogs will look better on a silver car then the 3000k's. Once I get all the bulbs im waiting on, I'll get in there and throw them all in at once.
Post some pics when it's all in. Sounds like it will look great.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Mreim769
Post some pics when it's all in. Sounds like it will look great.
I'll take some shots later on tonight or tomorrow of my current setup, and then start taking opinions.

My biggest gripe about the 3000k setup i currently have is that it's so damn bright, that when viewed head on you can't even tell it's yellow. The light it projects on the floor and walls is very yellow, but when you look at it, it almost appears white. I think the housing plays a big roll in this as well.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New here.. just got my car two days ago.. my first mod was 4300K fogs.. they really look good.. and match perfectly to the OEM HID's... Has any one here done a retrofit Projector into your fogs...?

Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM

You should do a writeup on how you retrofitted those.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i got a pair of 3000k pure yellow fogs and it looks really good i think yellow matches the best with the hid's my opinion
Old 08-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by LAREDOTEXAS
New here.. just got my car two days ago.. my first mod was 4300K fogs.. they really look good.. and match perfectly to the OEM HID's... Has any one here done a retrofit Projector into your fogs...?

What brand did you use?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by nizmo09
i got a pair of 3000k pure yellow fogs and it looks really good i think yellow matches the best with the hid's my opinion

Hey whats going on buddy.... I just got my car the other day I saw you put 3000k pure yellow fogs on to your car. I was curious if you have any pictures in which I can see how it turned out... I was tryin to decide weather or not to leave them with the regular bulbs or change them to 3000k yellow fogs or 4000 pure white... I guess let me know if you have any pics in which you can share with me.

Thanks...
CvOnEr

Last edited by cvoner; 08-16-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by cvoner
Hey whats going on buddy.... I just got my car the other day I saw you put 300k pure yellow fogs on to your car. I was curious if you have any pictures in which I can see how it turned out... I was tryin to decide weather or not to leave them with the regular bulbs or change them to 3000k yellow fogs or 4000 pure white... I guess let me know if you have any pics in which you can share with me.

Thanks...
CvOnEr
I have McCulloch 6000k bulbs in my headlights, and 3000k bulbs in my fogs, I can post pics tomorrow for anyone who is interested in this combo, I think it looks pretty damn sick!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by shatterpruf
I have McCulloch 6000k bulbs in my headlights, and 3000k bulbs in my fogs, I can post pics tomorrow for anyone who is interested in this combo, I think it looks pretty damn sick!
Hey, post pics!
Old 08-16-2009, 06:57 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by shatterpruf
Thanks cant wait to see the pics.... Deffantly looks insane...
Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 AM

you can always go with the nokya h11 yellow bulbs...

Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 AM

you can always go with the nokya h11 yellow bulbs...

looks really nice... by any chance do you have a picture in the night? if not ill jus imagine what it looks like...
Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM

is there a replica fog light assembly for this car out yet...i been searching everywhere and i wont wanna guess my foglight assembly to order the wrong one =(

any ideas?????????
Old 08-18-2009, 08:57 AM

I called my nissan parts debt and they're confused about getting the parts to have it installed. You would think you could order the assembly and wiring kit. But to them it sounds like you're trying to build a nuke.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by LAREDOTEXAS

That looks really good. 4300k, eh? I woulda thought 6 or 8k woulda matched better, but from your pics it looks like 4300k is perfect.... I may swap out my yellow Nokias for a set of these. Can anyone recommend a specific brand? There are so many cheap-o's out there I don't want to get stuck with a dud.

Quick Reply: fog lights..........