7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Season Mats

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 AM

All Season Mats

Who got them? How much? From the dealer? Are they worth it for the winter?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:58 PM

I can't seem to find any 'all-season' mats listed in Nissan's literature. If you mean the Nissan carpeted floor mats for the '09 Maxima, a set of four floor mats and a trunk mat are $180 MSRP (around $156 invoice), and come in cafe latte, frost and charcoal.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 AM

I paid $86 at the Nissan dealership for my winter mats (4). The fronts are decent coverage, the rears are a bit small.

I actually ordered the Weathertech mats (front) last week since they come up the sides of the footwells.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Love my '09

Light.

Like these?

http://mynissanparts.com/pc-1147-177...loor-mats.aspx
Old 11-23-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf

Nice! Those are almost exactly like those my wife uses in her trucks year-round. I have never seen those in the detailed Maxima brochures I pick up at the dealer. I have a feeling I will be perusing that MISMO site in the future.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2008, 02:49 PM

I just have the regular nissan carpet floormats that came with the car but I also bought a set of clear plastic covers to put over that, they look fine to me and seem to do what I want them to do.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:04 PM

I'm gonna buy a pair of those nice all season mats...will definetly save my floor mats.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:27 AM

i have a set of the all season mats on top of the regular floor mats. they are pretty nice. they fit perfectly.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned

just buy em from weathertech or from an autoparts store...
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM

Just got the Nissan all Weather Mats for 79.99 from the stealership
They hook onto to a metal post to hold them into place and keep them from sliding around. Nice fit. I looked into the weathertech mats but I was unsure if Id like the look of the tray style of the laser fit mats.
Anybody buy them??
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

anyone care to comment on the weather-tech mats?? i want to buy the digital fit ones, but my interior is the caffe latte and I'm not sure if their tan matches up. Also curious how the black will look. I don't want to buy them and then be disappointed and have to send them back.

Anyone with caffe latte interior? What floor mats do you have? Its raining like crazy and I need to buy something soon, my stuff is getting dirty

Thanks! And pics would be appreciated (if possible)
Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM

I just order my all weather floor mats from Mynissanparts.com they are a good investment in my opinion i vaccum my car about twice a week i hate it. Mynissanparts.com are pretty good I order my rear spoiler and I got great service.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:13 PM

Here in the northeast, I would not consider using summer mats in the winter. All season mats are essentially molded rubber. With all the salt a slush we have, you do not want carpeted mats in your car.

When April rolls around, change them out. Sort of like spring cleaning.

IMHO, a must buy; either Nissan branded or aftermarket. The Nissan ones are guaranteed to fit. Aftermarket may take some cutting.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 PM

Weathertech Rulez

I got a set of Weathertech DigitalFit mats for my Max.
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=503&Year=2009

I have charcoal interior, so I got black mats. They just came in yesterday. The color match is perfect, so is the fit. They fit like a glove, even cover some of the dead pedal area. Rear mat is a single piece that covers the "hump" as well. They suggest removal of the regular carpet mats, which I did.
Both front mats have mounting holes for the built in mats hook, which secures them even further.
In short I love it. I did not even look at nissan mats, never thought of it actually. Weathertech makes outstanding stuff.
I bought from www.AutoGeek.net with 20% coupon floating around on the net. Bottom price was around 150.
I can take some pics if anybody is interested.
Max

Last edited by maxud; 01-08-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by maxud
I got a set of Weathertech DigitalFit mats for my Max.
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=503&Year=2009

I have charcoal interior, so I got black mats. They just came in yesterday. The color match is perfect, so is the fit. They fit like a glove, even cover some of the dead pedal area. Rear mat is a single piece that covers the "hump" as well. They suggest removal of the regular carpet mats, which I did.
Both front mats have mounting holes for the built in mats hook, which secures them even further.
In short I love it. I did not even look at nissan mats, never thought of it actually. Weathertech makes outstanding stuff.
I bought from www.AutoGeek.net with 20% coupon floating around on the net. Bottom price was around 150.
I can take some pics if anybody is interested.
Max
thanks for the post..i'm interested in the pics.....is the black really black? or does it look closer to the dashboard color (charcoal grayish)? If they're not super black I'll get black cuz it'll prob match the dash trim.....i'm afraid the tan won't be anywhere close to my latte interior
Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 AM

The mats are black as black. I was scared they were going to be really hard rubber, but you don't even notice them. They are great for places that rain a lot. Highly recommended!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by vktran226
The mats are black as black. I was scared they were going to be really hard rubber, but you don't even notice them. They are great for places that rain a lot. Highly recommended!!!
LOL @ "black as black".....Dang, I wonder how they'll look with the latte interior....thanks for the info!

So you're saying they're kinda soft? Like squishy when you put your feet on em? I need to get them now, the rain is killing me
Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by NuCarSmell
LOL @ "black as black".....Dang, I wonder how they'll look with the latte interior....thanks for the info!

So you're saying they're kinda soft? Like squishy when you put your feet on em? I need to get them now, the rain is killing me
If you are talking about Weathertech DigitalFit, they are not squishy. They are not very rubbery either. They are more plastic than rubber, yet flexible. They are also thinner than regular rubber variety. I will post picks later today or tomorrow. For the feel, get them and you will not be sorry. For the color you are on your own. I got mine in black for charcoal interior. The color match is perfect for me.
Max
Old 01-09-2009, 10:44 PM

I am talking about the oem all weather mats. Here is the link

http://www.nissanparts.org/MC-DEAA-HI.aspx

I was scared they were going to be really hard on the feet with the deep grooves, but they aren't. They are flexible, but not flimsy. Well worth the money! As far as for the latte enterior, I honestly wouldn't do it. For the latte enterior, I would go to home depot and buy a roll of the clear mats with the spikes on one side, similar to the ones underneath a computer desk. Do yourself a favor and buy the roll that is the stiffest, because the flimsy stuff will get all bent up when you step on it. Then you can cut them out to fit over your factory mats. I used to do this for all my cars. A good tip is to place your mat on top of the plastic and cut around it with a 1/4 inch border on all sides. When you get to the bottom of the mat (the part closest to your seat) I always left a foot of extra plastic so you can tuck it under your seat. That way it will help the mat stay in place. Do the same for the mats in the back and leave about an extra foot of space up top to tuck it under the front seats so they back mats don't move. Cut an extra long strip to go over the hump between the back mats and place that down first, then but the original floor mats over the strip. After that, place the plastic ones on top and tuck it under the front seat. If you do a good job, it won't look cheap, just take your time.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:51 AM

Pictures of Weathertech mats

Here are pictures of Weathertech DigitalFit black mats on charcoal interior.

Front driver:

Front passenger:

Rear:
Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks for the pics...the mats look really good! I'm gonna call weathertech and see what they think about the tan/latte comparison...maybe they have a clue

the blacks may not look too bad in my floor though...hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM

thanks for the pics...the mats look really good! I'm gonna call weathertech and see what they think about the tan/latte comparison...maybe they have a clue

the blacks may not look too bad in my floor though...hmmmmmmmmmm
Why dont you just get Latte colored mats? The color will not be perfect, but should be close. If you just keep them for the winter, it wont be a big deal.
Just my 2c.
Alternatively, maybe you can get Weathertech to send you a swatch for color comparison.
Max
Old 01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by maxud
Why dont you just get Latte colored mats? The color will not be perfect, but should be close. If you just keep them for the winter, it wont be a big deal.
Just my 2c.
Alternatively, maybe you can get Weathertech to send you a swatch for color comparison.
Max
great idea about the swatch! .....hopefully they can send me one...,they appear to be light enough to match...i just may get the tan ones..but i plan on keeping the mats in at all times....the weather here is so unpredictable
Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 AM

anyone care to comment on the weather-tech mats?? i want to buy the digital fit ones, but my interior is the caffe latte and I'm not sure if their tan matches up. Also curious how the black will look. I don't want to buy them and then be disappointed and have to send them back.

Anyone with caffe latte interior? What floor mats do you have? Its raining like crazy and I need to buy something soon, my stuff is getting dirty

Thanks! And pics would be appreciated (if possible)
I have the tan digital fit "Floorliner" with the caffe latte interior. Although the color is not an exact match, it's close enough and looks good. I'll take some pictures, but think I need more posts before I can post them.

As others have said, the fit is excellent, and it looks like the drivers side would hold gallons of water before they spilled. I highly recommend them. I paid $159 for front and rear, plus $18 shipping. The price seemed a little high, but after having them for a couple of weeks, they are absolutely worth the money.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Almost everything I saw on this site:
http://mynissanparts.com/pc-1147-177...loor-mats.aspx

I have seen on Ebay for much cheaper in most cases and they are the same items in most cases as well, in other words-DON'T BUY from that site when you can go to Ebay and order them cheaper (usually with no Shipping Costs).

Buenas Suerte!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Love my '09

bk2k3max, there wasn't crap available on ebay last year, esp from July-Dec time frame.

Tons more stuff is showing up now, but early on, you had like 2 choices for anything. And even then, it was slim pickings.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:52 PM

Going back to the weathertech digital fit mats ... they look like they fit perfectly and would take a 2L bottle of soda and still protect the carpets. I'm close to ordering them (and my maxima isn't even here yet) ...

is there more feedback on these products? looks like it's all positive.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Hey BlueMax did you ever have a chance to take pictures of your floorliner? I wouldn't mind getting your feedback on these mats as I'm about to order mine
Old 03-14-2009, 02:47 AM

Thanks for the links to the My Nissan Parts and the All Weather Mats!

I had a pair of these in my traded-in Honda Accord and I absolutely loved them. I left them in year-long. You drag in sand and leaves and stuff when it's not snowing, so I find that once you put them in, you might as well keep them.

Great information everyone!
Old 03-14-2009, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by 09SV
I paid $86 at the Nissan dealership for my winter mats (4). The fronts are decent coverage, the rears are a bit small.

I actually ordered the Weathertech mats (front) last week since they come up the sides of the footwells.

Hope this helps.
i did the exact same thing. The weathertech digital liner will make sure the floor liner remains in tact.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:20 AM

If you are looking to purchase the Weathertech digital floor liner with discount, here is the place I bought them at:
www.autogeek.net
They are running a 10% discount and free ground shipping through Sunday March 15th.
Coupon code SPRING09
I am not affiliated with this shop, I mereley purchased my floor mats there and happy to recommend the place and save money for people who are looking to purchase.
Good luck,
Max
Old 03-14-2009, 12:08 PM

Here are some pics, sorry I forgot! They are dirty, so they are doing the job.

As you can see, the color is not an exact match, but I don't notice except maybe in real bright light, like when I took these pictures. I still think they are great.

Last edited by BlueMax; 03-14-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM

Very cool, thanks for that! I notice on your picture of the passenger side that it's coming away from the door sill. Do the mats move around at all while driving or are they really a "perfect fit"?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lirathal
...the passenger side that it's coming away from the door sill. Do the mats move around at all while driving or are they really a "perfect fit"?
That gap on the passenger side seems to be from it getting squished in shipping, and I haven't got around to trying to straighten it. It doesn't look like it was originally bent there, and they are hard enough that they don't change shape much at all. I think I need to lay it out on the driveway with a brick on that spot when it gets warmer. I notice the picture posted by maxud of the black mats up thread doesn't have that gap.

Both front mats have an eye to fit the metal hook on the floor of the car. I did manage to kick that loose while getting out once, but even then, the mat didn't move more than about an inch, and not at all while driving.

I guess I will have to say "perfect fit" might be a stretch, but they do fit really well.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:55 PM

Weathertechs digital fits are the way to go... cant beat them
Old 07-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

These digital fits are beautiful, but they don't have it for 2000-2003
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Does anyone have the TAN Weathertech all-weather mats (not the digital floor liner)? I am curious how they fit and look with the caffe latte interior? My salesman ordered me the Nissan all-weather mats when I bought the car and neither of us realized they only come in Black. I tried them in the car and I did not like how it looked, so I'm looking for tan that will fit and look good.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by JennyQ
Does anyone have the TAN Weathertech all-weather mats (not the digital floor liner)? I am curious how they fit and look with the caffe latte interior? My salesman ordered me the Nissan all-weather mats when I bought the car and neither of us realized they only come in Black. I tried them in the car and I did not like how it looked, so I'm looking for tan that will fit and look good.
Do a search on "Weathertech" in the forum, I believe someone mentioned that they ordered some and do not fit our cars.

.....Ahhh here it is.

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...athertech.html
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by JennyQ
The color is off just flat a** ugly and the fit is WAY OFF. Only the digital mats seem to be ok but I don't think those even look good. I ended up with the Nissan OEM black mats and they do look nice, they contrast very well with the black from the console and the beige/frost color of the carpet.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Dad

Originally Posted by BlueMax
Here are some pics, sorry I forgot! They are dirty, so they are doing the job.

As you can see, the color is not an exact match, but I don't notice except maybe in real bright light, like when I took these pictures. I still think they are great.

I too just bought today a front and rear set of Tan Digitalfits for the Latte interior. I thought the black would just be too stark and detract from the effect of the two-tone interior.

I can also add that I expect these to hold the water in the pan as you aretaking them out to drain / dump the water. The all season ones tend to hold water on the horizontal but dump it out on the carpet as you're trying to get them out.

PLUS... be sure to occasionally remove the mats to dry out the underside regardless of the mats. I see floorpans rust and capet rot when noone checks the underside for leaks, drips, etc and the digitalfits will especially hold the moisture underneath. So with any mats...you must take care of the floorpans too and just forget them. Thats being irresponsible and you'll get deserved floor rot.

Last edited by Dad; 07-15-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: All Season Mats