7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

4DSC Sticker

Old 07-14-2008, 03:03 PM

4DSC Sticker

When I went to check out the 2009 Maxima, my dealer had about 5 in stock. One S, three SV (non-sport) and one SV (sport). One of the SVs (non-sport) had the 4DSC sticker on the windows. None of the other cars had it. Whats up with that?

I asked the salesman if they had them in the parts department but he said "No".
Old 07-14-2008, 03:54 PM

2002 Maxima SE - That is an issue that has been ongoing here in several threads for a few weeks. Your experience is very typical of what we are seeing.

My dealer had seven '09s in his nissanusa.com inventory at 2 AM Saturday morning, but had sold three before I was able to get there Sunday night. Of the four he had left, one was an 'S', two were 'SVs' with Sport package, and one was an 'SV' with Premium package. The only one of those with the '4DSC' stickers was the Premium.

The only possible pattern I saw was that the premium had the highest VIN serial (over 805500), Maybe the stickers were not available at the assembly line early on? Who knows? Still, this is an interesting quandry.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 PM
*moderator*

That is weird, we haven't been able to solve this mystery yet!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill

My dealer had seven '09s in his nissanusa.com inventory at 2 AM Saturday morning, but had sold three before I was able to get there Sunday night. Of the four he had left, one was an 'S', two were 'SVs' with Sport package, and one was an 'SV' with Premium package. The only one of those with the '4DSC' stickers was the Premium.

Now that you mention it, the one in the showroom (with 4DSC sticker) had the dual sunroof which means it was a premium.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:34 AM

In those pictures I posted the other day at a dealership, there were three Maximas...one SV premium pkg, one SV w/ tech pkg and one SV w/ sport. The only one of the three without the 4DSC was the Sports Package one! How does that make sense?? lol Oh well, doesn't bother me any.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:38 PM

Maybe the stickers were not available at the assembly line early on?
That'd be my guess too... and I bet we are right on the money.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 PM

were can we get one?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 PM
*moderator*

Seems like they could have made up a sticker for the NY Auto Show premier, major miscue IMHO...

Oh and I got one!!!

Some available here as well:
http://forums.maxima.org/general-max...mited-run.html

Last edited by jsmithsole; 07-15-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:24 PM

well im sure who ever purchase one of them that doesnt have the sticker can add it on once its sold.Im sure that should be a problem
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by jdmjunky
well im sure who ever purchase one of them that doesnt have the sticker can add it on once its sold.Im sure that should be a problem
But they may have to buy the 4DSC sticker from an aftermarket vendor. Two souls here have asked their dealer, and found this sticker is not available in their parts department. Of course we can hope that will change within the next few months.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Stopped by the dealer yesterday and besides seeing what they want to offer me for the 09, I went and looked at the 09's they have, all the sport package models with spoilers and 19 had the sticker.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:19 PM

that was the case, early on we didnt have the decals
Old 07-26-2008, 02:35 PM
KC's FINEST

My dealer couldn't find a part number either...

I think the ones listed on the link above look too dated and a little too big.

I'll opt to have some made.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
My dealer couldn't find a part number either...

I think the ones listed on the link above look too dated and a little too big.

I'll opt to have some made.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 AM

This gets stranger and stranger.

I spent two hours at my dealer early this muggy Sunday morning (before he opened at noon). ALL NINE of the '09 Maximas on his lot (everything from the Mystic Jade 'S' to the Tuscan Sun Sport) had a small neat '4DSC' sticker at the bottom of the back window on the DRIVER'S SIDE ONLY. None had anything on the passenger side.

Even stranger, these small neat stickers were all on the OUTSIDE, and can be easily peeled off. I can't imagine why they arent designed to be applied on the INSIDE, where they would be protected from the elements (both natural and two-legged 'elements'). One was even applied at a slant (i.e., crooked).

Those expecting a hint of jade (green) in the 'Mystic Jade' color will be disappointed. I thought at first this Mystic Jade was a Dark Slate. Unless the two colors are parked side-by-side, I don't think most folks could tell the difference. Since Nissan has limited the Maxima to eight exterior colors for many years, this Mystic Jade slot might well have been used for a more distinctive color, such as British Racing Green or the classic '72 240Z (and '04 intro color) Radiant Ember.

My wife and I both sat at length (without a salesperson hanging over us) in several (yes, the unprepped ones on the back lot were unlocked; even had the keys in them), and found the front seats were especially comfortable. There definitely is a 'closed cockpit' feel in the driver's position. We continue to love the smaller (but thick) steering wheel. Looking out over the magnificently sculptured hood, one might think he was in a Maseratti or Lamborgini.

With the driver's seat still in the position in which I drive, I moved to the back seat and found there was eight inches between my knees and the back of the driver's seat. I am 5'11" (average). The indentation of the lower back of the two front seats really does give lots of knee room in the back seat.

We both prefer the leather (the only option in everything but the 'S') to the cloth (the only option in the 'S'), which felt sort of like high-grade polyester.

My dealer had five 'Sport', one 'Premium', one 'SV' and two 'S' Maximas on his lot. His primary (elevated) front display has an '09 Maxima Sport leading a BMW '5' class, an Audi '6' class and a Mercedes 300 class, all 'spit-shined' and rowed up.

We love to spend an hour or two on the lot just after dawn on Sunday mornings, when there is nobody there to bother us.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 07-27-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:46 PM

i noticed that sticker today at the dealer.. lol.. personally, i thought it was a little weird for the factory to boast the fact that the car is 4 door sports car in the form of a sticker.. i've never seen an audi or BMW with those stickers on there
Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Very sound, Mike

I spent two hours at my dealer early this muggy Sunday morning (before he opened at noon). ALL NINE of the '09 Maximas on his lot (everything from the Mystic Jade 'S' to the Tuscan Sun Sport) had a small neat '4DSC' sticker at the bottom of the back window on the DRIVER'S SIDE ONLY. None had anything on the passenger side.

Even stranger, these small neat stickers were all on the OUTSIDE, and can be easily peeled off. I can't imagine why they arent designed to be applied on the INSIDE, where they would be protected from the elements (both natural and two-legged 'elements'). One was even applied at a slant (i.e., crooked).
Those were likely to have been dealer-installed stickers.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by wyche89
i noticed that sticker today at the dealer.. lol.. personally, i thought it was a little weird for the factory to boast the fact that the car is 4 door sports car in the form of a sticker.. i've never seen an audi or BMW with those stickers on there
It goes hand-in-hand with their marketing of bringing the original 4DSC back, which had the stickers. It's akin to Audi placing "S" badges and BMW sticking on "M" badges for their sport counterparts.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:40 PM

soundmike - I think you may be right about the dealer putting these on. That crossed my mind Sunday, especially with the stickers being only on one side, outside the car, and one being crooked. Nissan may have included them in a packet of things the dealer is to handle (there are always packets, paperwork, etc for the dealer to handle on the front seat of cars arriving from the manufacturer).

I'm not sure these stickers would survive many mechanical car washes . . not that anyone on the ORG would use those.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Very sound, Mike

soundmike - I think you may be right about the dealer putting these on. That crossed my mind Sunday, especially with the stickers being only on one side, outside the car, and one being crooked. Nissan may have included them in a packet of things the dealer is to handle (there are always packets, paperwork, etc for the dealer to handle on the front seat of cars arriving from the manufacturer).

I'm not sure these stickers would survive many mechanical car washes . . not that anyone on the ORG would use those.
Light, by the sound of it that could very well be the case. I already saw a local dealer apply a 4DSC sticker themselves. I don't have a photo of it, but it doesn't even look the same as the official sticker. (It looked just like a standard sans-serif font, laser trimmed on stick-on vinyl from one of those quickie sign shops).

As for wear and tear on an external stick-on. If it's made from a good quality sealed vinyl, you can expect several years of use from them. Of course, assuming a worst-case scenario of using newer touchless car washes.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:29 PM

Stickers???

Gee, I wasn't aware the sticker was such a hot item. I could have sold it instead of throwing it away. Who knew?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:06 PM

I was just at the dealership (Brenner Nissan - Mechanicsburg, PA) picking up my car. They had one '09 Maxima...and it was in the show room. This being the first one I've seen in person, I was VERY impressed. I really love this car and wish I could buy one right now! Such a huge improvement over the 6th gens in every way!

The one thing I also noticed was the 4DSC sticker on the driver's side rear window. I asked one of the salesman about it and he said they are on all of the 09's...but apparently that's not true, according to you guys. But anyways...damn that is a beautiful Maxima!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:41 PM

as nice as they look, i doubt they are much different from the 6th gen in terms of performance. i think they are just pulling a bush administration magic trick on their customers. it might be a different story if they start using the 3.7 for fwd applications in a few years- 'til then, i would refrain from spending your inflating dollars on one. just my opinion. i would like to see timeslips, though, because they often lie about how fast the cars really are to help save on insurance. can't wait to see a maxima break into the 13s stock.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:47 PM

my premium loaded has one on the drivers side back window lower right corner, small rectangle sticker on the inside, also dealer put a pinstripe that matches the cafe latte interior very sharp on the navy blue to break it up a little.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by alextothestars
as nice as they look, i doubt they are much different from the 6th gen in terms of performance. i think they are just pulling a bush administration magic trick on their customers.

is this guy serious? seriously!!! are u serious?... why? would u even bother to post that? smdh
Old 09-20-2008, 04:18 PM

I was at the Nissan dealer in Hampton Va and had both parts guys looking for the pn of that sticker. They said its not a part you can buy yet. "Probably have to buy the glass", I was told.
Has anyone seen the tray option over the spare tire? This would solve the sagging carpet syndrome on the 5th gens. Very cool..BUT AGAIN I was told no pn exists yet. Odd since its an option, but you just cant buy one without buying the car.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by rvamaxima
I was at the Nissan dealer in Hampton Va and had both parts guys looking for the pn of that sticker. They said its not a part you can buy yet. "Probably have to buy the glass", I was told.
Has anyone seen the tray option over the spare tire? This would solve the sagging carpet syndrome on the 5th gens. Very cool..BUT AGAIN I was told no pn exists yet. Odd since its an option, but you just cant buy one without buying the car.

Click on the link below... this was on the accessories thread. I have the trunk organizer and I think it is a great idea. Keeps things you don't need very often out of sight and out of the way...

Nissan nose mask (bra) 999N1-A3509
Mud guards are Part #999J2-MVKH3 (super black)
K&N drop in filter-same as 07/08.

http://mynissanparts.com/c-177-2009-nissan-maxima.aspx

One of the few places I found with any accessories in stock.

Courtesy Online is still "building" their 2009 page.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasit...09-c-8300.html
Old 09-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Love my '09

Yeah, the trunk organizer was in mine with a first aid kit and the emer. roadside kit, also, now the cargo nets and the "maxima" labeled carpet.

Tho it's a cool option to store stuff in, it's a bit awkward to get to with all the other stuff covering it up. Honestly I don't see me using it that often.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:14 PM

as nice as they look, i doubt they are much different from the 6th gen in terms of performance. i think they are just pulling a bush administration magic trick on their customers. it might be a different story if they start using the 3.7 for fwd applications in a few years- 'til then, i would refrain from spending your inflating dollars on one. just my opinion. i would like to see timeslips, though, because they often lie about how fast the cars really are to help save on insurance. can't wait to see a maxima break into the 13s stock.
DUDE!!!! YOU ARE NUTS!! LOL!!

I've driven a 6th gen and believe me there is a difference!!

You need to drive it to see!!! (Silly Rabbit!!!)
Old 09-21-2008, 12:39 AM

alex, alex, alex; Are you sure your name isn't Thomas? As in 'Doubting Thomas?' To post a very negative remark here about the '09 Maxima, a remark that you yourself have made clear you have no factual basis for making, is a strange and probably unwise thing to do. Especially since it is so untrue as to be laughable.

We have yet to see a single tester fail to pronounce the '09 better than the 6th gen, usually by a wide margin. As for elapsed time, that is an obsession of bygone days. This '09 is a plush, loaded, near-luxury family sedan with fresh, exciting styling and excellent handling. If you are after elapsed time, head for a passe pocket rocket or a gas guzzler. This '09 Maxima is perfect just like it is.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:54 PM

no these are NOT dealer installed, they are installed at the plant
Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 PM

Maybe instead of the sticker, they should have put a small chrome emblem on the back lower passenger side trunk lid. Mine only has the one sticker on the drivers side and that will probably be coming off soon anyway.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 PM

Stickers =
Old 09-21-2008, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
no these are NOT dealer installed, they are installed at the plant

You are, of course, correct, tiger. I posted that misinformation back in July, but then watched as new Maximas with the 4DSC sticker already on (driver side only) were being unloaded onto my dealer's lot several times in August. I should have posted that correction here. Sorry.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:33 PM

Test drove a Premium today. 4DSC was on the driver's side only.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM

Just put mine in the garage and checked. SV sport package, driver side only,
on the outside.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by jacejax
Just put mine in the garage and checked. SV sport package, driver side only,
on the outside.

'on the outside' is the killer. Once everyone realizes these things are just slapped onto the outside of the window, I don't expect them to stay on very long. I saw two cars on which they were not even put on straight. I'm not sure Nissan intended these things to stay on very long.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i bought an 09 sv and it had the sticker, when they gave me the car after the wash the sticker was gone. not cool..
Old 10-04-2008, 04:18 AM
Decal Specialist

Originally Posted by jsmithsole

this looks like something I could duplicate. Is this what comes on the 09?
Old 10-04-2008, 04:23 AM

no, that is not what is on the 09, the 09 just has a little sticker on the little rear window about 4" long x 1' high.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4DSC Sticker