7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Front seats too soft?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Front seats too soft?

Hey Guys
Do you find your front seats too soft? I keep bouncing around - they are also too wide - and find the support lacking due to the softness.
Any solutions...? other than spending $1000 to have the seat cushion replaced.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:15 AM

No, these are the best seats in any car I have ever owned. Sporty enough but not punishing on a long drive.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Halleag
Hey Guys
Do you find your front seats too soft? I keep bouncing around - they are also too wide - and find the support lacking due to the softness.
Any solutions...? other than spending $1000 to have the seat cushion replaced.
The comfort level will be directly proportionate to your weight and size of your rear end. It took me a while to get used to 7th gen seats. I don't find them the most comfortable and like you find the seats are a bit too wide for my frame. I did not do anything special about it, just use as is.
Your options are limited to either DIY or take it to an upholstery shop, where they can customize it better for your frame.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM

Yea big difference if you're 300lbs by vs 100lbs. Also I'm sure there is a huge difference between the leather vs cloth seats.