7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Traded in Maxima for Chevy SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Traded in Maxima for Chevy SS

I traded in my Maxima this weekend for a 2017 Chevy SS. Just thought I would share some impressions with the group. My Maxima had 37,000 miles on it and was in great condition. I had planned to keep it at least 5 years, until Chevy came out with 20% off the 2017 SS. I figured, what the heck, I will see if there are any near me, and there was one within 5 miles of work, in my favorite color (blue).

So I went to look at it and was sold!

I must say, the Maxima compares nicely to the SS in a lot of ways. I much prefer the tech interface on the Maxima (not a mylink or onstar fan), and homelink/heated and powered steering wheel/lit sill plates/underbody leds are not options on the SS. I also prefer the Sport rims on the Maxima to the SS rims. The Maxima and SS interiors are also pretty similar as far as materials and overall feel, though the SS rear seat is more spacious and has better head room.

Driving the two back to back, the Maxima suspension actually feels stiffer than the SS (when SS is in touring mode). The brembos on the SS are much grippier than the Maximas ever were.

As far as engine, the SS obviously feels like a brute compared to the Maxima. It is weird to have a regular Auto trans again, and it will take a bit to get used to feeling shifts. I had gotten very used to the smoothness of the CVT on my commute. Exhaust sound is no comparison, and the SS has a neat dual mode exhaust which changes sound, basically from quiet to loud, at the push of a button.

Overall, it was a sad day to trade in Maxima but am very happy with SS!
Old 03-05-2017, 06:01 PM

Awesome upgrade, and substantially more mod friendly.
It is on my short list for my maxima replacement.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:04 PM

Sadly they are goign to stop production after 2017. this thing is a beast!!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'd move to GM if the Buick Avista ever went into production.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 AM

I'm still skeptical about GM and longevity of the machines. My wife's 2013 Acadia has had some issues that make me think twice.

The vehicle looks great and we love how it drives, it's just long term reliability.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:25 AM

I traded in a 2005 CTS for my Maxima because of all the recalls and maintenance issues with the Caddy. Good luck with the Chevy.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:38 AM

Good buy. I have the best of both worlds in my garage. My 45Th anniversary is a garage queen!!

Www.camaro5.com has a lot of info. See you around!