7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 05:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello Maxima.Org members.

I just purchased my 2014 Maxima Sport in Brilliant Silver Metallic. It now has ~7,800 miles. Uploaded the pic to my profile.

I joined this forum back in 10/2013 when my dad purchased his loaded 2012 Maxima.

Glad to be part of what appears to be a very active group.

I previously owned a 2006 Mazda 6 which was moderately modded (intake, exhaust, suspension, appearance, e.t.c) Loved it, but needed a bigger, newer car.

It's only been a couple days and I love the car.

My wife made me promise not to mod this car. I've already talked her into a CAI and cat back!!!

First question I had was is there a DIY on how to wire the fogs to come on with the parking lights and stay on with the highs? There was one for the Mazda which allowed the previous to be accomplished by cutting the power to the fog relay and running a jumper wire to the parking relay.

Thanks for the welcome and can't wait to learn about the Maxima and get to know you all.

Peace!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

mods, just saw that there is a new member thread. Sorry. Can you please move to the correct spot?
Old 06-13-2016, 06:58 AM

well nice to meet you either way, good luck with a great car
Old 06-13-2016, 01:57 PM

Welcome 2SoonJr, I am also a GA resident Athens..GO-DAWGS! (I felt it was my duty to say that)....
Doing this for an extremely long time, IMO I think a lot of money will be wasted on add-on's like CIA and an Exhaust for a N/A engine with no over boring and real internal work.
More often than not, people pay $350+ for a CAI that gives them around ~1-2hp gain and an exhaust system that may give them ~ 3-5hp which is crazy expensive for the "gains"...

These are not the cars of the past where we purchased these parts knowing that we will turbo the car eventually, the game has changed and it's tricky and way more expensive then it was for the older generations and now to squeeze power out the newer gens.. Granted, its expensive to turbo any non-turbo car but the bang for the buck is there as it can be anywhere from 50 - 100hp+ gain depending on specs of course. I remember good-ole Sr20's that were pushing 350hp+ easy without internals or worrying about the transmission. I stated more than I had to but I wanted to get that point across.. GL, and looking forward to your contributions here.

Your main question, Do an advance search about the Fogs or contact GHOSTZ(sp).. he is the lighting guru on this forum.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by SR20Power
Welcome 2SoonJr, I am also a GA resident Athens..GO-DAWGS! (I felt it was my duty to say that)....
Doing this for an extremely long time, IMO I think a lot of money will be wasted on add-on's like CIA and an Exhaust for a N/A engine with no over boring and real internal work.
More often than not, people pay $350+ for a CAI that gives them around ~1-2hp gain and an exhaust system that may give them ~ 3-5hp which is crazy expensive for the "gains"...

These are not the cars of the past where we purchased these parts knowing that we will turbo the car eventually, the game has changed and it's tricky and way more expensive then it was for the older generations and now to squeeze power out the newer gens.. Granted, its expensive to turbo any non-turbo car but the bang for the buck is there as it can be anywhere from 50 - 100hp+ gain depending on specs of course. I remember good-ole Sr20's that were pushing 350hp+ easy without internals or worrying about the transmission. I stated more than I had to but I wanted to get that point across.. GL, and looking forward to your contributions here.

Your main question, Do an advance search about the Fogs or contact GHOSTZ(sp).. he is the lighting guru on this forum.
Well put sir and there is some great information in here. A rear sway bar is a great upgrade for $150 that you can feel as soon as you install it. Good luck modding and welcome aboard.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Welcome! Good mods for this car are the RSB, lowering it, & a y-pipe.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
Welcome! Good mods for this car are the RSB, lowering it, & a y-pipe.
I agree, I think this game has moved to being more cosmetic. Not Honda ricey but nice.. Most on this forum does it right IMO..

I myself, I am thinking about black gloss vinyl for my spoiler and my stash guards.. I'll photo shop it first and post a picture.