7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Possibly a bent wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 AM

Possibly a bent wheel?

Last Thursday, I had an appointment at Henderson Nissan out here in Las Vegas because my car was pulling to the left and I needed rear brake pads so I had my rear brakes and brake flush done to my car. So my service advisor had called me to tell me that my front motor mounts had seperatated and also my driver side rim is BENT and that is what causing my vehicle to pull. (Mind you that the drivers side tire is a Bridgestone and the other 3 are the Goodyear rs a) so the Bridgestone tire had a nail in it and my service rep said that I needed two new front tires. So I told him that I'll get them from discount tires, so to keep my business he price matched the tires for me. Upon receiving my vehicle not only did it drive better then it did before, it's not pulling as bad as it was prior to the work done on my vehicle. Now that I have matching tires, my car rides a lot quieter and there's no vibration or pulls. Since he said my rim is bent it will be abt $800 for a rim so I held off. My question is that if my wheel is bent, I would've noticed that my car was wobbling? It's odd bc I don't have any of those symptoms since my rim is "bent" and it seems like my alignment now is straight. My service advisor also said since the wheel is bent they rather align and balance my tires once the bent wheel is replaced. Even though my car is driving good still, do you think I should still get the rim replace since the dealership said it was bent?
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by My2010FoUrDsC
Last Thursday, I had an appointment at Henderson Nissan out here in Las Vegas because my car was pulling to the left and I needed rear brake pads so I had my rear brakes and brake flush done to my car. So my service advisor had called me to tell me that my front motor mounts had seperatated and also my driver side rim is BENT and that is what causing my vehicle to pull. (Mind you that the drivers side tire is a Bridgestone and the other 3 are the Goodyear rs a) so the Bridgestone tire had a nail in it and my service rep said that I needed two new front tires. So I told him that I'll get them from discount tires, so to keep my business he price matched the tires for me. Upon receiving my vehicle not only did it drive better then it did before, it's not pulling as bad as it was prior to the work done on my vehicle. Now that I have matching tires, my car rides a lot quieter and there's no vibration or pulls. Since he said my rim is bent it will be abt $800 for a rim so I held off. My question is that if my wheel is bent, I would've noticed that my car was wobbling? It's odd bc I don't have any of those symptoms since my rim is "bent" and it seems like my alignment now is straight. My service advisor also said since the wheel is bent they rather align and balance my tires once the bent wheel is replaced. Even though my car is driving good still, do you think I should still get the rim replace since the dealership said it was bent?

Some small bends can be balanced out, take it to an independent shop that can do a road force balance on the Hunter GSP900

$800 for a rim ?

I paid under $250 for 5 year tire and wheel warranty.

IMO more people should check into that warranty
Old 02-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have to post now. 04 max wi th 18's. No problems. 2010 with 18's no problems. 2012 with 19's nothing but problems.

4th bend in a year. But I love my rims. If I could eat off them I would.

The last bend I took to Crimson Wheel Repair. Fixed in an hour for far less than an aftermarket rim. He did it while I waited. Then balanced the other side.

See if he can help you. Don't pay $800.

Www.crimsonwheelrepairnj.com