7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: Your Satisfaction with 7th Gen Heated and/or Cooled Seats - Select all that apply
Both my seats heat quickly and evenly even on frigid days. I'm totally satisfied
27.78%
Both of my seats heat adequately but other vehicles I have owned or been in worked much better.
33.33%
One or both of my seats do not heat well or evenly appears to be something wrong. I'm disappointed.
41.67%
My climate controlled drivers seat cools well even on the hottest days. I'm totally satisfied.
11.11%
My climate controlled drivers seat cools adequately but the system could use improving.
22.22%
My climate controlled drivers seat does not cool adequately. I'm disappointed.
5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Do your 7th Gen Heated/Cooled Seats work to your satisfaction?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:01 PM

Do your 7th Gen Heated/Cooled Seats work to your satisfaction?

Since some of us have had issues with our 7th gen heated and/or cooled seats I thought it would be useful if others shared their thoughts regarding the seats by participating in a poll. This is a multiple choice poll select answers all that apply.

Your input and comments are appreciated.

Last edited by Nopike; 02-04-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mine are working correctly...
Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 PM

No!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:25 PM

I've got a '10 SV Prem/Tech and the heated seats and heated steering work great (as long as I keep the temperature closer to 90) but the ventilated seats could definitely use some redesign...

Last edited by b2boost; 01-10-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM

my seats

I find that both seats and the steering wheel in my 14' SV heats up quite nicely. I have no complaints! I haven't tried the cooled feature yet, but if its anything like my old M35 or my BMW 750, I would imagine it would cool best with the AC on.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mgookool
I find that both seats and the steering wheel in my 14' SV heats up quite nicely. I have no complaints! I haven't tried the cooled feature yet, but if its anything like my old M35 or my BMW 750, I would imagine it would cool best with the AC on.
Does the drivers side seat back and seat bottom heat evenly and do they both get very warm quickly if set on high? Does your passenger side heat strongly if set on high?

Last edited by Nopike; 02-03-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM

No issues with either seat for me
Old 01-11-2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nopike
Does the drivers side seat back and seat bottom heat evenly and do they both get very warm quickly if set on high? Does your passenger side heat strongly if set on high?

My drivers seat bottom does not seem to heat at all and the passenger side heats weakly even on high. The dealer checked the seats and said they test normal according to Nissan specs. He also stated that other Maxima's on his lot heat in a manner similar to mine. So we are kind of stumped at this point.
I find both top and bottom heats just fine on both. I always have them set on high. What I have noticed, if I start the car warming up and seats on (no one siting inside), they don't get too hot, just warm...however, once I sit in the seat they heat up quite nicely. I also notice, when I have my Northface jacket on (really thick) the seats get even more hot where I feel the heat through the jacket and clothing onto my back!

Don't know if theres some sort of sensor in the seat that possibly adjusts the temp accordingly, but thats just what I've noticed.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:50 PM

Thanks. Sounds like I definitely have an issue with the seat bottom at the very least. How is the passenger seat? Any comments from passengers?
None, my wife usually has to turn it off because its too hot. What setting do you have your climate set too? Have you tried setting the temp to 90 and either vents & floor or single w/ ac button off? Thats my usual settings.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:11 PM

My Silverado and my Equinox both had much better heated seats. However, the heated steering wheel is impressive I just wish it stay warmer longer than it does.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by mgookool
None, my wife usually has to turn it off because its too hot. What setting do you have your climate set too? Have you tried setting the temp to 90 and either vents & floor or single w/ ac button off? Thats my usual settings.
Why would anyone drive around with the temp set to 90. That would heat the cabin, the seats and me. The cabin heat setting has nothing to do with the seats.

Last edited by Nopike; 02-01-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:21 PM

The steering wheel turns off after a certain time, I think cause some areas get too hot. I try to move my hands around the wheel otherwise certain spots get ridiculously hot.

Heated seats work great in my experience, love them.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:05 AM

Heated wheel is great passengers seat heats up fine but the drivers seat seems to take forever to heat up. My last 2 cars heated up in a second not 10 mins. Hopefully addressed with new gen maxima
Old 01-12-2014, 04:25 PM

My '09 is 5 years and 4 months old, and I have had no problems with my heated and cooled seats so far. My wife and I are almost always in the car together, and we take turns driving, so we each get to use both seats. Everything has worked fine so far.

The heated seats are most effective when we are not wearing jackets that tend to insulate us from the heated seat.

Being a child of the depression, my gnarly old hands have no circulation, so the heated steering wheel is not a luxury, but an absolute requirement for me. I would never consider buying a car without a heated steering wheel. However I would probably have designed the heat controls on the steering wheel a little differently.

The wheel heats up very quickly, but on cold mornings, sometimes gets hot enough to burn our hands. Then, once the temperature reaches 70 inside the cabin, the heater on the steering wheel goes into an 'on-off' cycle that is a little less than ideal. But not bad enough to bother complaining about.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 AM

so anyone have a 2010 in here? When you turn on your seats does it get so hot so you switch to LOW? ... mine never get so got like my girls Altima or our Pathfinder... they heat up but no too much... should i go get it checked?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:10 AM

I just have regular heated seats. Well my situation is that when i turn on my seats on HIGH it never gets so hot for me to turn it to LOW. I had Altima n now i have 2013 Pathfinder... seats get so hot it almost burn my *** off lol I need to turn it down after 20 min it gets so hot... in my Maxima seats are on HIGH all the time and not even close in temperature comaring to my other vehicles... I just bought it tho that's why I'm wondering if everything works fine or maybe i need to replace heating pads...
Old 01-26-2014, 07:36 AM

My drivers side is climate controlled it has the no heat at seat cushion issue. My passenger side does not heat adequately also.

Last edited by Nopike; 01-26-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by MeHoW
I just have regular heated seats. Well my situation is that when i turn on my seats on HIGH it never gets so hot for me to turn it to LOW. I had Altima n now i have 2013 Pathfinder... seats get so hot it almost burn my *** off lol I need to turn it down after 20 min it gets so hot... in my Maxima seats are on HIGH all the time and not even close in temperature comaring to my other vehicles... I just bought it tho that's why I'm wondering if everything works fine or maybe i need to replace heating pads...
Why would Nissan use a seat in one of their vehicles that almost burns you and then use a seat in a Maxima that does not heat adequately?

Last edited by Nopike; 01-26-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:21 AM

Why would Nissan use a seat in one of their vehicles that almost burns you and then use a seat in a Maxima that does not heat adequately.

They will then tell you that the Maxima seat only heats a bit because of the airbags or some other BS reason. Does that reason not apply to the Pathfinder and Altima also?

When I last went for service the dealer was adamant that I could not check out other Maxima's heated seat operation. Were they afraid I may find one that work fine?
do you think replacing heating pads will help? or its just set up like that ;/
Old 01-26-2014, 09:29 AM

Both of my heated seats work great. Haven't had a chance to fully experience my cooled driver seat to its full potential yet, but I did turn it on for a second by mistake with the heat on 80. Was wondering why I felt so damn cold then looked down but it was only turned one notch..
Old 01-26-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by MeHoW
do you think replacing heating pads will help? or its just set up like that ;/
Is it under warranty? I don't believe just the heating coil can be replaced in the case of non climate controlled seats. Go check out some other Nissan products see how they heat. Compare them to yours. They should all put out good heat. Unless they are broken.

Why make a heated seat that does not heat adequately, what is the point. What if I sold you an iron that did not get very warm. Would you be satisfied with that. You would probably take it back demand a working iron that gets hot or your ask for your money back. The same should hold true for your heated seats.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:55 AM

no it's not under warranty
Old 01-26-2014, 10:53 AM

If the seats were like this since new I would still contact the Dealer and Nissan Consumer Affairs ask why you were sold a vehicle with seats that provide inadequate heat. Use the example of the iron to prove your point.

There are companies out there that make aftermarket seat heaters that you can install yourself or you could have someone install them for you. They are not very expensive and I can almost guarantee you that these will provide more than adequate heat. These aftermarket companies realize that if they sell a product that does not function as the consumer expects they will not be in business for very long.

These guys look like they would be good.

http://www.checkcorp.com/seat-heater/seat-heater.asp

Last edited by Nopike; 02-03-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:34 PM

I've had other cars with heated seats that warmed up faster than mine do. The high setting is too high and then I either turn it off or put it on the low setting, i find that the heated steering wheel gets too hot and i shut it off. I was in an Audi S6 this morning and its heated seats are adjusted by a dial.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:43 AM

i'll take it to my mechanic and check it out since mine doesnt warm up so high for me to turn it lower or completely off
Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 AM

It appears that there are many 7th gen owners who are pleased with their heated seats. I bet they get nice and toasty. It appears that just as many owners are dissatisfied. Those of you who are dissatisfied have you taken your car to the dealer? Under warranty? Was the problem repaired? Were you able to compare how your seats function with ones from other 7th Gens?

Does not seem right that many owners get properly working heated seats while others have to make do with ones that do not work at all or do not provide adequate heat. It’s as if you purchased an iron that does not heat enough to iron your clothes. I would say that the iron is defective as are the seats.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 AM

Heated seat problems are now hitting Toyota. All Toyota dealers have been ordered to stop selling all Camrys. Avalons, Civics, and three other of their offerings with heated seats, because some non-fireproof materials were built in right next to the heating coils.

I suppose there could be such a thing as too much heat from a heated seat?
Old 02-01-2014, 05:22 AM

Heated seats have been around for 30 years or longer as have heating pads and electric blankets. The Maxima uses leather for the seats, this is not the issue. Try sitting in some of Nissans other models I bet the seats heat just fine. .

Last edited by Nopike; 02-01-2014 at 09:00 PM.