7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Looking to buy a 2010 Crimson Black Maxima SV

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looking to buy a 2010 Crimson Black Maxima SV

Hello,

New poster here. I'm currently looking at purchasing a 2010 Nissan Maxima SV with the Premium Package/Tech Package in crimson black. I'm dealing with a local dealership in Iowa that purchased the car at auction and is bringing it from Nashville by Monday or Tuesday. It's basically fully-loaded from what I can tell and has 40K miles on the odometer. A few questions:

Anything I should be particularly concerned about with the 2010 model or 7th gen Maxima's in general?

Does the 2010 model have a 100K mile transferable warranty on the CVT transmission? I knew the 2009 model did.

The attached pictures are the car I'm thinking of buying...I can't tell if it has the panoramic sunroof or not...anyone chime in as to what I should look for to tell if it's on the vehicle?

I'd like to eventually mod my car a bit with rims and tint but the tint laws in Iowa are ridiculous...70% legal limit in the front. If I go 35% front and 20% in the back...should I have any problems as the front windows should still be light enough right?

I messaged Shep1Sean (I think that was his username) about the rims on his Maxima...does anyone else have rims of similar style - machined with black accents- on their Maxima? I'd like to see a few variations. Should I go with 18" rims or 20" rims...is the ride quality noticeably harsher with larger rims? Are the tires themselves quite a bit more expensive with 20" rims?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions...but thanks in advance! I hope to become an active member of the Maxima community soon!
Attached Thumbnails Looking to buy a 2010 Crimson Black Maxima SV-chrisnissan.jpg   Looking to buy a 2010 Crimson Black Maxima SV-chrisnissan1.jpg   Looking to buy a 2010 Crimson Black Maxima SV-chrisnissan2.jpg   Looking to buy a 2010 Crimson Black Maxima SV-chrisnissan3.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:37 PM

AFAIK, the 09's and 10's cvt's are warranty up 10yrs/120k miles
Old 09-19-2013, 12:47 PM

Congrats on the new ride. I have the exact same car, color and all. The only issues I've had with mine were the drivers seat stopped working and my ipod hookup had to be replaced. Ironically, I had the same seat problem on my 2010 Murano, others have had problems with the telescopic steering wheel but so far mine is working fine.

I think your car should have the dual panel roof and the rear privacy screen too. I like the dual roof but the drawbacks are I can't use a roof rack for my bike and going over uneven terrain makes it creak.
For the rims, you can have them plasti dipped or powder coated which makes them stand out even better on this color car.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anyone else?

Thanks for the replies so far!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:03 AM

1. Make sure you do a carfac. Determin where this car has been and who owned it previously. Beware of leasing and rental companies as people who use them usually don't take very good care of their cars if they plan on turning them back in. Also this car is old enough to have gone through Sandy if it was near the East coast.

2. Inspect the car throughly, even underneigth, have them put it on a lift. Bring someone else along and a second set of eyes helps out. Always check it our during daylight hours.

3. Do a good test drive at highway speeds and over parking lot speed bumps. Listen up for any unusual sounds.

4. If OEM tires and brakes have been changed out, both to early for normal wear and tear. Could be agressive driving or the previous owner just didn't like them.

5. If they offer any warranty find out what is/not covered.

6. Just be careful, someone got rid of this vehicle for a reason. I"m not saying there is anything wrong with this vehicle but you have to go into this as if there was. Your job is to find it as the sales person will not tell you about anything other than what a great car it is. And it is a great car, I have one and its great. If you get this car at a good buy and there is nothing wrong with it you will fall in love with it.

Good Luck