7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

New w/ questions - does this max have sport package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:45 AM

New w/ questions - does this max have sport package?

Hey all,

Big Nissan guy here & new to this forum. I'm about to purchase a 2010 Maxima but am having difficulties figuring out which package(s) this car has & want to see if anyone can help me out.

Here is what I know about it...

It's a 2010 Maxima w/:
  • paddle shifters
  • heated seats
  • heated steering wheel
  • Bose & SAT
  • spoiler
  • splash guards
  • Sport wheels
  • leather seats
But, here is where I'm getting confused...the head lights don't have the black in themor is that something on newer Sport max's?

I also called Nissan and gave them a VIN to try to see if they could tell and she said she doesn't see anything stating it has the Sport package.

Anyone know how to tell for sure? I'm wondering if they threw on the sport wheels.

Lastly, they want $22K for it and it has 27,500 miles - seems pretty fair to me, what do you guys think?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was going to say that it was an SV with the Sports package. The darker headlights came out with the newer models.

Does it have the double sunroof?

I would think that the dealer could tell you exactly what it is by looking at the VIN.

Last edited by 1996blackmax; 08-22-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM

Doesn't have the double sunroof, I know that would be the Premium package.

I'm thinking it's a Sport, just wanted to find out for sure somehow. I called a couple dealers and they weren't able to help me.

Here she is:

1996blackmax - BTW, I like your rear window spoiler. Where did you get that?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by JD-MAX
Hey all,

Big Nissan guy here & new to this forum. I'm about to purchase a 2010 Maxima but am having difficulties figuring out which package(s) this car has & want to see if anyone can help me out.

Here is what I know about it...

It's a 2010 Maxima w/:
  • paddle shifters
  • heated seats
  • heated steering wheel
  • Bose & SAT
  • spoiler
  • splash guards
  • Sport wheels
  • leather seats
But, here is where I'm getting confused...the head lights don't have the black in themor is that something on newer Sport max's?

I also called Nissan and gave them a VIN to try to see if they could tell and she said she doesn't see anything stating it has the Sport package.

Anyone know how to tell for sure? I'm wondering if they threw on the sport wheels.

Lastly, they want $22K for it and it has 27,500 miles - seems pretty fair to me, what do you guys think?
100% it's the sports package.

As for the deal, that's very similar to the one I got a year ago (2010 Super Black SV sports pckg). My mileage was a little lower though. FYI, my car was/is in excellent (not mint) condition.

This would be/was considered a great deal for the Northeast.

The factory warranty is going to run out very soon if it hasn't already. Ask them to CPO it for no additional cost and don't purchase the extended warranty from them.

And get pre-approved for a loan before you start negotiating. Given that this car is about to turn 4 years old you may be able to get them to come down on the price a little.

Good luck.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:38 PM

Hey all, Big Nissan guy here & new to this forum. I'm about to purchase a 2010 Maxima but am having difficulties figuring out which package(s) this car has & want to see if anyone can help me out. Here is what I know about it... It's a 2010 Maxima w/:[*]paddle shifters[*]heated seats[*]heated steering wheel[*]Bose & SAT[*]spoiler[*]splash guards[*]Sport wheels[*]leather seats But, here is where I'm getting confused...the head lights don't have the black in themor is that something on newer Sport max's? I also called Nissan and gave them a VIN to try to see if they could tell and she said she doesn't see anything stating it has the Sport package. Anyone know how to tell for sure? I'm wondering if they threw on the sport wheels. Lastly, they want $22K for it and it has 27,500 miles - seems pretty fair to me, what do you guys think?

22k for 27k miles? that's a great price, got mine for 23k with 32k miles except mine is the 09 fully loaded SV

Sent from my iPhone using MaximaOrg
Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM

Doesn't have the double sunroof, I know that would be the Premium package.

I'm thinking it's a Sport, just wanted to find out for sure somehow. I called a couple dealers and they weren't able to help me.

Here she is:

1996blackmax - BTW, I like your rear window spoiler. Where did you get that?
I got it from shadowspeed on ebay.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:19 PM

How would one now if a car has the sports package? Is it possible to have the sports package without having the 19" wheels?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by shook187
How would one now if a car has the sports package? Is it possible to have the sports package without having the 19" wheels?
Only if someone swapped the wheels because each year the sports pkg has included 19's.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:41 AM

Do the rear seat fold forward? I'm told Sport does not.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jig9798
100% it's the sports package.

As for the deal, that's very similar to the one I got a year ago (2010 Super Black SV sports pckg). My mileage was a little lower though. FYI, my car was/is in excellent (not mint) condition.

This would be/was considered a great deal for the Northeast.

The factory warranty is going to run out very soon if it hasn't already. Ask them to CPO it for no additional cost and don't purchase the extended warranty from them.

And get pre-approved for a loan before you start negotiating. Given that this car is about to turn 4 years old you may be able to get them to come down on the price a little.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info! I've been looking/pricing used maxima's for the last 2 weeks and they're all selling more than blue book prices. I thought this was a good deal but good to hear from others that made similar purchases.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get them to certify as they're not a Nissan dealer. I'm assuming that's what CPO means...
Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Serpent
Only if someone swapped the wheels because each year the sports pkg has included 19's.
That's what I was worried about....that somone swapped out the wheels to the 19's. Any other indicators that it has the sport package? Like the paddle shifters or maybe the metallic plastic interior trim?

Not sure if the rear seats fold forward. I don't think they do though, it looked as if there were a small area that opens to the trunk.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:04 AM

That's what I was worried about....that somone swapped out the wheels to the 19's. Any other indicators that it has the sport package? Like the paddle shifters or maybe the metallic plastic interior trim?

Not sure if the rear seats fold forward. I don't think they do though, it looked as if there were a small area that opens to the trunk.
Its def the sports package, you have the 19's a spoiler no pano roof and the paddle shifters. Now do you have Nav if so then you have the Sport + Tech package
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 AM

Cool, thanks for confirming.

It doesn't have Nav BUT I'm torn between another one that does.

Here is what I have to decide on ASAP:

The navy blue (pictured above) that's clean w/ 27K for $22k, new brakes and just had tints put on (which I requested & they through in) OR

a clean silver one with 21K & that one does have the Sport + Tech package for $24K.

Didn't really want to spend the $2000 extra but it's certified too.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:55 AM

I'd get the Silver sport + tech its worth it the color alone looks better
Old 08-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by PSU09MAXIMA
I'd get the Silver sport + tech its worth it the color alone looks better
I hear ya. I'm going to go look at it tonight and I'm sure that's what I'll end up picking. I thought blue would be a nice change (last 3 cars were silver or gray) but wasn't 100% sold on the blue...
Old 08-27-2013, 04:37 PM

I hear ya. I'm going to go look at it tonight and I'm sure that's what I'll end up picking. I thought blue would be a nice change (last 3 cars were silver or gray) but wasn't 100% sold on the blue...
Check out the front bumper to see how the paint is

Sent from my iPad using MaximaOrg
Old 08-27-2013, 05:17 PM

Check out the front bumper to see how the paint is

Sent from my iPad using MaximaOrg
very interesting you say that, first thing I noticed was the front bumper looked faded, almost as it has been repainted before. Is this a common problem with this color car? They said they're going to repaint it because there was another scratches on the very bottom of it.

Also maybe you can help me out with other things I noticed about the car. BTW, this is a certified car FWIW.

- I noticed the headliner was pretty dirty and the very back side pieces didn't line up perfectly (just behind to the side where a passenger's head would be if sitting in back) where, almost as the headliner was possibly removed before.
-The splash guards and the bottom skirt looked slightly lighter color than the car, almost same color as the front bumper.
-Lastly, the car has yet to be detailed but the drivers side door was pretty dirty. Almost like the window was left open for an extended time. I wonder if that will clean up or will they detail, spray armor all over it to make it look good, then it will dry and be dirty looking again.

Definitely liked this color with the sport package. They're having the bumper painted and car detailed & I'm going to look it over again Friday.

Some pics:

Dirty door:

Old 08-28-2013, 06:54 PM

I wouldn't think anything major about the door under the window, I was polishing the chrome trim with window open and some dropped off and now looks similar to that. The mismatch paint and altered interior is scarier, could mean accident and body work was done. Check carfax
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wg2k7
I wouldn't think anything major about the door under the window, I was polishing the chrome trim with window open and some dropped off and now looks similar to that. The mismatch paint and altered interior is scarier, could mean accident and body work was done. Check carfax
That's what my first thought was but not sure. The body panels lined up well, carfax checked out & it's a certified car. Not that all that doesn't mean it couldn't have been in an accident. I know sometimes when the bumper and other pieces aren't metal like the car they don't always match perfectly...not sure, tough call.

I'm curious what PSU09MAXIMA was talking about when he mentioned to check the front bumper, wonder if they fade often?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:36 AM

Ditto on the interior door panel. mine does that too and I had since new. The material Nissan used for that panel is weirdly susceptible to scuffs and even rain spots. Should look better after they detail it, but you'll always have to spruce it up forever.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:08 AM

That's what I was afraid of, it having that dirty look forever. I had a car like that before, the detailer that I used would dry and it would look brown and nasty again. Sounds like it's a common problem then with the Max.

BTW, I've had luck in the past with using a magic eraser that cleans up difficult material...may want to give it a try.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:38 AM

Reason I said check the front bumper for the paint quality is Nissan paint isnt the highest quality. Also just because a CarFax checks out doesnt mean it wasnt in an accident for example my impala was fixed by a body shop when a guy hit me really all it did was scratch my front bumper so that was repainted and I needed a new headlight because it was all scratched up. After I traded it in I checked the CarFax nothing came up and it was fixed with insurance. I would use all this to your advantage when getting the best price.

Also it may not be a bad idea to walk away and go with the blue one. I see your in Philly what dealer are they both at?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 AM

Yea, i know there is still a chance its been in an accident. I had a similar experience as you with my 350Z, had accident & needed a good amount of work to be fixed. Later when I sold it, ran a carfax and there was no report of the incident.

Thanks for your suggestion on using that stuff to benefit me, I plan on doing that. Both are in NJ, up towards trenton. Silver at a dealer and the blue at private dealership.

I'm actually close to you, I'm in Media.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:31 AM

Yea, i know there is still a chance its been in an accident. I had a similar experience as you with my 350Z, had accident & needed a good amount of work to be fixed. Later when I sold it, ran a carfax and there was no report of the incident.

Thanks for your suggestion on using that stuff to benefit me, I plan on doing that. Both are in NJ, up towards trenton. Silver at a dealer and the blue at private dealership.

I'm actually close to you, I'm in Media.
O nice man yeah def use that stuff to your advantage and like I said hey dont be afraid to walk away from both if you arent all about the car now you wont be in a few months.

Also you should join the Maxima groups on FB. There is another guy in West Chester with a white 2012 Maxima slammed on black 20in Giovanna's
Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 AM

O nice man yeah def use that stuff to your advantage and like I said hey dont be afraid to walk away from both if you arent all about the car now you wont be in a few months.

Also you should join the Maxima groups on FB. There is another guy in West Chester with a white 2012 Maxima slammed on black 20in Giovanna's
Your right, I really need to walk away if not happy with either but the hard part is I don't have a car...sold it yesterday. I'm definitely feeling the silver & like the sport version which aren't a ton of around but will keep on looking.

I sent a request for the FB group, thanks. I'll have to keep an eye out for that max sitting on 20's.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 AM

Check out the other Nissan dealers around Exton Nissan is a good one contact Ken George there he's a good guy he'll help you out. I go there for service since they are right around the corner from me. I bought my Maxima from nissan of Devon they have a white premium 2012 right now listed at 28k (i think it's overpriced but there are others out there) also concordville nissan
Old 08-30-2013, 10:38 AM

Cool, will do & thanks again for the suggestions! I'm going to start looking for a backup car now in case one of the two don't work out for me.