7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Need input about LED DRLs

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 07:10 PM

Need input about LED DRLs

For some reason or another, vleds is not selling the popular DRLs anymore that most members have bought and are using, thus I have had to look else where.
I narrowed it down to these two, and of course, other opinions are welcome.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...tion/928/2279/

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/12W-High-Po...led-drl-7j.htm

Before I get started here is my general requirements:
  1. I prefer nearly everything to be undo-able, as in I can always return to stock at anytime, so cutting the bumper or cutting the brake ducts is not really something I want to do.
  2. If preferable, I'd like to have the lights as bright as possible, so that I can illuminate the sides of the road at night as well as have it be a functional DRL.
The pros for both of these is that they are small enough to fit into the brake duct area without need to cut or do any sort of permanent modification to the car. (I believe the bar in the brake duct area is about 5 inches long, so anything smaller than that width should be easy to work with)
However, I am unsure about the reliability of these two, as there are no long term reviews, and so I turn on Maxima.org for opinions or recommendations.

TL;DR:
Opinions about these lights? Or should I get something else completely or not at all?
Thanks for the input everyone, I know it's short notice, but I hope to make a purchase tomorrow.

EDIT: I am giant idiot as usual, and did not read fully before make a post, so here I am making an edit about 30 second after I made the initial post...
The top link, from Superbrightleds is too wide, at 6ish inches.
I guess I will be going with the iJDMtoy one. Does anyone have opinions about it?

Last edited by Akiyukio; 06-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 PM

Hey man,

Well I will begin with something you might not really like. Having installed my DRLs recently, I suggest you go for genuine Nissan Universal DRL (Same DRL being fitted into Infiniti(s) as well) but the problem is that they're fixed into your bumper and they do make a hole right below your light to get them fixed. The ending result is amazing and cannot be compared to any after market product, period.

All the details can be found here in my thread: http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...d-genuine.html

I also did eliminate the night dim mode by cutting on of the wires, so the ending result was this:

Good luck and hope you find what you're looking for
Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 PM

I did see that thread, and your car does look very nice with them on.

I would consider that option, however $600 USD (I realize this installation costs are included) is a bit too steep for me, so I will have to politely decline.

I am however, interested in the part numbers and agree with you, nothing beats OEM quality and looks.

Thank you for your input!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:12 PM

I live in Dubai and here they are rip offs cuz everybody just pays, and yes 600 including installation. Ask your dealer they might be selling them for 300 trust me.

I am still looking for part numbers for those DRLs, once I get them I'll let you guys know!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 AM

Check the latest post here, I've inputted the part number.

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...ml#post8801282