7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

turn signals, fog, and hids match...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM

turn signals, fog, and hids match...

Hey just wondering if anyone could recommed a set of bulbs that's will match the color of led bright white to the signals fogs and hids.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 PM

As it is right now I have hid yellow fogs, amber turn signals and stock hids. I want them to all match but was not able to find all parts which will guarentee a nice led bright white match... picture would help as well.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:24 AM

Check vleds website they sell everything you'll need. Do you want switchbacks for your turn signals?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:26 PM

I have if 6k Led Turn Signal Switchbacks..6K LED Fogs..and I think 6K HIDs..They match pretty damn well! Yes VLEDs is the way to go +1!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM

thanks bros. i will check it out!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaGuido09c
I have if 6k Led Turn Signal Switchbacks..6K LED Fogs..and I think 6K HIDs..They match pretty damn well! Yes VLEDs is the way to go +1!

checked the site, could you let me know which ones you ordered? I cant find an exact match. I would hate to spend 60$ on a pair and they dont fit.

thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by PSU09MAXIMA
Check vleds website they sell everything you'll need. Do you want switchbacks for your turn signals?

i think thats the one i should go for. any recommendations?
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by gtr0manc3r

i think thats the one i should go for. any recommendations?
Recommendation for what? Bulb type?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:15 PM

I guess it depends on what brand of hids... I got 6k ddm lows and fogs, I ordered 6k switchback from vleds and my ddm's had more of a blueish tint...my vleds wre more like a bright white... I just installed 5k lows and fogs and it matches better... I'm picky as hell, so I went that route!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by MIA_SHIFT
I guess it depends on what brand of hids... I got 6k ddm lows and fogs, I ordered 6k switchback from vleds and my ddm's had more of a blueish tint...my vleds wre more like a bright white... I just installed 5k lows and fogs and it matches better... I'm picky as hell, so I went that route!
Oh okay. I am pretty picky myself..but everything seems to match fine. I just run my Halos and fogs from Morning to Sundown - So it looks really hot. Then I switch my HIDs on with Halos & Fogs and it matches very nice as well.

I am only seeing the 5K LED Switchbacks right now..
There are these though: http://www.vleds.com/6k-type-2-dual-...se-1-pair.html
- I have the 90 not 42 LED Bulb..though..but this is a start.

Fogs: http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-28-led...11-1-pair.html - I Bought something close to this..Although I remember spending $90...

and the HIDs: They were factory..but I do have 8k bulbs as well..if anyone wants for free..They look nice..but not that bright lol.

Hope this helps. I haven't been on VLEDs site for awhile..because I have all my lights done..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 AM

Is it necessary to add load resistors to the harness so these don't blink fast like most LED bulbs do?

I'm thinking about getting the amber rear turn signal LED bulbs
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by araffio
Is it necessary to add load resistors to the harness so these don't blink fast like most LED bulbs do?

I'm thinking about getting the amber rear turn signal LED bulbs
Apparently if you do..they "last longer..." But I haven't had load resistors on any of my turn signals in any of my cars..and they are still working great! Plus, VLEDs has a great warranty and if you tell them they burnt out..they switch them out asap for free.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:36 PM

Apparently if you do..they "last longer..." But I haven't had load resistors on any of my turn signals in any of my cars..and they are still working great! Plus, VLEDs has a great warranty and if you tell them they burnt out..they switch them out asap for free.

Hope this helps.

It kinda helps. Do the turn signals blink rapidly with these LED bulbs installed? Most LED bulbs make the car think there is a blown bulb due to low resistance, so it blinks real fast. Curious as to whether these do the same thing.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 PM

It kinda helps. Do the turn signals blink rapidly with these LED bulbs installed? Most LED bulbs make the car think there is a blown bulb due to low resistance, so it blinks real fast. Curious as to whether these do the same thing.
Yes they blink pretty fast. But I like that because no driver has an excuse that they didn't see my turn signal..even if they look down at a their phones or are switching their music.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM

your bulbs won't just blink fast but you're more likely to burn out individual LED's if you don't use load resistors. also, anytime I see a car on the road with the hyper flashing turn signals I just think they're lazy...everyone knows you're running LEDs with no load resistor
Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
your bulbs won't just blink fast but you're more likely to burn out individual LED's if you don't use load resistors. also, anytime I see a car on the road with the hyper flashing turn signals I just think they're lazy...everyone knows you're running LEDs with no load resistor
I'd like to have someone come up to my face and tell me I am lazy...I work my a$$ off. I personally like the hyper flashing turn signals. It's just a personal preference..everyone has them..try it sometime. I've had my switchbacks in for awhile now..not one LED has burnt yet.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:34 PM

I personally think the rapid flashing turn signals look like crap. I know it also burns them out without the resistors. If I do order some of these I'll take the extra 10 minutes to do it right. I was just curious if these bulbs had resistors in them but now I know they don't.

Thanks for the info
Old 03-12-2013, 04:42 PM

I personally think the rapid flashing turn signals look like crap. I know it also burns them out without the resistors. If I do order some of these I'll take the extra 10 minutes to do it right. I was just curious if these bulbs had resistors in them but now I know they don't.

Thanks for the info
Yep... "do it right..bro"
Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 PM

Yep... "do it right..bro"
Will do guido
Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM

Thanks guys for the responses... i am thinking of buying these to match everything ... let me know what your thoughts are...

Front Turn Signals:
http://www.vleds.com/6k-type-2-dual-...se-1-pair.html

Fog (h11)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/D2S-D2R-H1-H...428f70&vxp=mtr

HID (D2S)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/D2S-D2R-H1-H...428f70&vxp=mtr

I was thinking 6000K for eveyrhting...

the VLEDs seem very expensive when comparing the rest of the bulbs... any advice would be appreciated... i will prob pull the trigger on this buy on the weekend.

thanks again guys!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM

I am only seeing the 5K LED Switchbacks right now..
There are these though: http://www.vleds.com/6k-type-2-dual-...se-1-pair.html
- I have the 90 not 42 LED Bulb..though..but this is a start.
are u sure they will fit on the 2010 maxima? let me know.

and thanks for your input!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by gtr0manc3r
are u sure they will fit on the 2010 maxima? let me know.

and thanks for your input!
Yes they will fit the 2010. All the models have the same bulb types to my knowledge. Check out Sylvania - Automotive Bulb Replacement Guide..and double check just to be sure.

As for VLEDs and their expensive prices. I do agree they are a bit of the expensive size..but just like most major companies who do have heavy prices..they provide great warranties and customer service. I have had burnt or damaged bulbs in the past...and they literally send out the product the next day and follow up.

I don't recommend eBay at all..usually when people go cheap..they go cheap again..and finally realize they could of combined their product prices and bought a decent product the first time. Trust me when I say..you won't regret VLEDs - No..they don't pay me lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM

Yes they will fit the 2010. All the models have the same bulb types to my knowledge. Check out Sylvania - Automotive Bulb Replacement Guide..and double check just to be sure.

As for VLEDs and their expensive prices. I do agree they are a bit of the expensive size..but just like most major companies who do have heavy prices..they provide great warranties and customer service. I have had burnt or damaged bulbs in the past...and they literally send out the product the next day and follow up.

I don't recommend eBay at all..usually when people go cheap..they go cheap again..and finally realize they could of combined their product prices and bought a decent product the first time. Trust me when I say..you won't regret VLEDs - No..they don't pay me lol.
ROFL, i hear you, you get what you pay for. Not for nothing though, I used eBay for my Fogs and 3 years later it still works for me... best 30$ i ever spent...lol...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM

also what do you think of these:
http://www.vleds.com/6k-type-1-dual-...57-1-pair.html

they say no DRL, i dont know what that means... I usually drive with the parking lights on and fog, so i guess that applies to me, but why?