7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Racingline rear sway bar review

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ross2893

Why not go with the RL since it's cheaper, made of a stronger material, and comes with stronger bushings than OEM.
Stillen is a good company that's been around for a long time and has great customer service and a 7th gen Maxima to test with.
Has RL gotten better about their customer service and ship times?
Old 02-17-2014, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Racerbox77
Nope.

Just sent a message to them today saying if they don't get back time I'm going to file fraudulent charges against them to get my money back, as they've ignored my 4 or 5 previous messages just inquiring where the rest of my partially shipped order is (the rear end links) and when I would receive them.

Such a joke.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 AM

Stillen is a good company that's been around for a long time and has great customer service and a 7th gen Maxima to test with.
Won't argue with that but at the same time, quality is quality. Just for reference. Ordered my RL sway bar Dec. 26 and because of a road block in Portland for whatever reason (there was a snow storm during that period though) it go to me in CT on the 15th. Not the best but when you're coming from the west coast of Canada I wouldn't expect it to reach me in 3-5 days. Overall I would say their shipping would take 2 weeks from west to east coast and when I emailed them they did reply, just not that fast, plus you can't call.. lol overall from what I use to read about RL, they have improved greatly.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dudemaine
Nope.

Just sent a message to them today saying if they don't get back time I'm going to file fraudulent charges against them to get my money back, as they've ignored my 4 or 5 previous messages just inquiring where the rest of my partially shipped order is (the rear end links) and when I would receive them.

Such a joke.
You do realize that the rear endlinks have been out of stock since late 2013 right? That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on them. Gotta check the site man. The front endlinks are still in stock though but again the rear have been out of stock since 2013..
Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ross2893
You do realize that the rear endlinks have been out of stock since late 2013 right? That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on them. Gotta check the site man. The front endlinks are still in stock though but again the rear have been out of stock since 2013..
You do realize that there is such a thing as customer service and, oh, I don't know, informing the customer, right? It's 2014 and there are many different ways to communicate.

If you're gonna take my money and not have it available then you should keep me in the loop with the who/what/where/when and why. It's not too hard of a concept bro.

Kinda funny that when I did the transaction in the fist place some program on my laptop popped up and asked me if I wanted to proceed as Racingline did not pass their fraud detection checks.

We'll see.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 AM

Rear Sway Bar

You can make your own end links. You just buy two adjustable control arm ends per side and two ball joint links to size and adjust to preference. Example http://www.ebay.com/itm/M18-X-2MM-THREAD-STAINLESS-MALE-ROD-END-BALL-HEIM-ADJUSTABLE-CONTROL-ARM-BUSHING-/151222802857?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
I can understand that most don't have time to remove the end links measure bolt size and order parts. I can assure you I'm on it right after I finish jigging my exhaust out. I usually find that if you do it yourself you can save a couple hundred on end links. I use to make quality kits for Hondas and Toyotas but just stopped when chinese stuff like the link above came out. You can't put out quality at a cheap price so I just decided not to do it anymore. I figure its worth an explore with Maximas because endlinks aren't just available for our vehicles like other platforms.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 AM

You do realize that there is such a thing as customer service and, oh, I don't know, informing the customer, right? It's 2014 and there are many different ways to communicate.

If you're gonna take my money and not have it available then you should keep me in the loop with the who/what/where/when and why. It's not too hard of a concept bro.

Kinda funny that when I did the transaction in the fist place some program on my laptop popped up and asked me if I wanted to proceed as Racingline did not pass their fraud detection checks.

We'll see.

Lmao damn man. Well sorry to hear. I just know that when I went to place my order on the 26th of Dec. for my Y Pipe and sway bar the end links were still stated as being out of stock. If I were you I would have just held off on it for that simple reason. Yeah they could have emailed you back but at the same time shouldn't have to explain what should already be understood. If it's out of stock you'll just be back ordered and your money and endlinks are going to be with them for that period. If you made the order through paypal then there should be no reason at all to worry
Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 PM

Nope.

Such a joke.
Any updates to your order? I would like to order the rsb but this doesn't sound good.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 PM

RSB order

I never take on more orders than I can handle. If I messed up with shipping or feel that I was in the wrong as a vendor I make it right. My name is more important than money. It is bad business not having at least a few pieces on hand. You shaft your customers it comes back to bite you.

If you paid with a Credit Card you can file fraud protection and let the CC company go after them. If they don't have the courtesy to email you back a response then I'd let them have what is coming to them. You filing a fraud report will also prevent this from happening to someone else.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 PM

Funny how it all works because today I get an email confirmation for shipment completed.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by No Shift_CVT
Any updates to your order? I would like to order the rsb but this doesn't sound good.
I'd still say do it, just make sure you're aware you're looking at 3 weeks out before getting the RSB, but at the end of the day it's about the quality of the product and in my opinion, RL > STILLEN.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:10 PM

Rear Sway Bar

I would think that the endlinks kits would be easier to get than the other pieces. Does the RSB come with endlinks?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by gravkillz
I would think that the endlinks kits would be easier to get than the other pieces. Does the RSB come with endlinks?
No, sold separately.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 PM

Rsb

No, sold separately.
I found a box full of new endlinks I had assembled a while ago. I'm going to see if these puppies don't fit my Maxima. They are quite nice I may just see if swapping them gives me a better ride. Its too bad that the kit doesn't come with endlinks.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:38 AM

I'd still say do it, just make sure you're aware you're looking at 3 weeks out before getting the RSB, but at the end of the day it's about the quality of the product and in my opinion, RL > STILLEN.
Before my original post to you, I emailed them and stated my concerns (noting this was being discussed on the forum) about shipping and within 5 minutes this was the response I got:

Racingline is largely just 1 person (me) so sometimes I get busy and take a couple extra days to ship. That said about 90% of order ship within the prescribed 48 hours of order placement.

As to the sway you are inquiring about, it is in stock and ready for shipping.

Thanks,
Joe

I'm not sure what warranted such poor customer service but hopefully your experience with them will change them for the better.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:55 PM

My experience: I ordered the RSB from racingline on 2/13/14 and received it today. Pretty fast shipping considering its coming in from Canada.

Has anyone used the outer holes/ soft setting on the racingline RSB and if so, can you feel the difference with that setting? I assume the soft setting on the racingline RSB is similar to the stillen RSB?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have mine set to the softer setting & the difference is noticeable.

I read a thread where someone mentioned that their OEM end links broke with the stiffer setting. They recommended that if you go that route to upgrade them.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:59 AM

How did those Altima H&R springs ever work out for you?
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 AM

Im thinking of getting the Racing Line Rear sway bar, and I am currently on the additional warranty.

Will adding the sway bar void my warranty or mess up anything else in the car or bring about the need to replace parts quicker?

I want to do this but if it is only going to bring temporary short term releif is it worth it?

Im a total noob with a base maxima 2012
Old 06-09-2014, 11:05 AM

sway bar upgrade shouldn't void any of your warranty.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

^^^ this.....except possibly your rear endlinks. But if those go bad, get new MOOG endlinks for like $17 each. So I wouldnt worry about that at all.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Thanks fellas, this may very well be my next investment.

Question who has gone with 50% stiffness or 100% stiffness?

Which is preferred?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 AM

I went 100% stiffness. Loved it. Then noticed even more of a difference once I installed my Eibach springs. Great combination. Even if I didn't have the Eibach springs I would definitely make the Racingline rear sway bar an immediate change if I had to do it all again.