7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

7th Gen Sound System...sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by digitaldoofus
Hey I've had several new cars different manufacturers and it seems like most all of them have had better sounding systems than my new seventh gen Maxima. How do you all feel about it ...do you like the 7G sound??
well i have the Boss system and its the best sounding system ever... its tuned to perfection with the bass and speakers to achieve best sound possible
Old 12-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Do I really need to chime in?? Probably not but I will. Any Bose system in any car is designed to cut down the bass after half volume. for that reason you will need to add a sub or subs to the system to fill in where the bose drops off.

10's all the way......allow me to drop some knowledge....BOOM!Name:  2012-06-22172632.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  34.4 KB
Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 PM

That custom setup looks SICK! Do they have the same airspace that a normal box-shaped box would have? Get the same sound?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Serpent
That custom setup looks SICK! Do they have the same airspace that a normal box-shaped box would have? Get the same sound?
+1 much more convenient than mine!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Timmy
well i have the Boss system and its the best sounding system ever... its tuned to perfection with the bass and speakers to achieve best sound possible
Ever????

I'm guessing you havent heard too many good systems then. I havent either, but I know bose is typically not that good.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Serpent
Yes I made them as close to the specs needed for the sub....as far as sound, i think it sounds great. I think I lose a little bit of output due to them face each other, but I don't think it's much.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM

I love my Bose in the car, I have an AudiS4 with a 15in solo baric but have found no reason to put it in the Maxima, I will however be adding 2 10in subs in a custom enclosure before spring. Just to add a lil more Bass!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM

^Excuse me sir, your paint is dripping
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 AM

I am quite content with the sound of my 2012 SV Sport with technology package.

The subs are even cool, you don't really notice it, but put in a bass CD, like Techmaster PEB, and holy crap, it can rattle and roll.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM

So . . . the Bose? Meh.

It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be when we began test driving 7th gens.

But after getting some Focals in my 100 series Land Cruiser recently, there really isn't any comparison between a decent after market system and the factory Bose.

While I'm still working to finish the audio system in the LC (upgrade to a Class A/B amp, rear door spkrs, and sub), I'm not sure where to start with the Max.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SleekMax
So . . . the Bose? Meh.

... I'm not sure where to start with the Max.

Any suggestions?
Even though I miss the superb sound in my previous rides, the OEM Bose setup in my 7th-gen is so tightly integrated with the car's software and control interface that I will never consider installing anything more invasive than some strong subs in the trunk.

Last edited by digitaldoofus; 12-07-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SleekMax
So . . . the Bose? Meh.

It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be when we began test driving 7th gens.

But after getting some Focals in my 100 series Land Cruiser recently, there really isn't any comparison between a decent after market system and the factory Bose.

While I'm still working to finish the audio system in the LC (upgrade to a Class A/B amp, rear door spkrs, and sub), I'm not sure where to start with the Max.

Any suggestions?
I'd go with something like the JL Audio cleansweep. One set of two-way components in the front and one in the rear. Or maybe just a coaxial 2-way in the rear.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:27 PM

Had lots of aftermarket systems and component speakers. Custom enclosures and all that. I am satisfied with the Bose system. Sure it's not head pounding bass and super loud highs, but as much as I like systems, I like utilizing the radio controls on the wheel. Changing the head unit means that I can't use the wheel controls. I really like the trunk space and functionality. It could use a tad more bass. I would do a 10 mounted in the side of the trunk like the white max on the knock off cv3's
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Stlbluzoo11
Had lots of aftermarket systems and component speakers. Custom enclosures and all that. I am satisfied with the Bose system. Sure it's not head pounding bass and super loud highs, but as much as I like systems, I like utilizing the radio controls on the wheel. Changing the head unit means that I can't use the wheel controls. I really like the trunk space and functionality. It could use a tad more bass. I would do a 10 mounted in the side of the trunk like the white max on the knock off cv3's

Knock off CV3's?? Really homie? I wanted the CV3's at first but I saw that everyone is a MF'n biter on these forums and throughout daily life and my job (accessories dept for a Caddy dealership) decided to take my idea of CV3's and apply them to our CTS-V's so I changed it up and waited 3 months for my wheels to drop. Take a long hard look and my wheels look nothing like the CV3's. 5 spoke and concave? yes. But the design? no.

Before you start making lame *** comments maybe you should do your research.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 AM

the Meccas aren't knock-off CV3's, they're Meccas. everyone and their cousin has Vossens some people like following the crowd and some people like getting something different.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Guys, Vossen is the only company that makes five spoke wheels. Everything else is a knockoff! I am going to get CV7s I haven't seen too many of those on a max.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Look man your ride is nice and all, but I feel that they want to look just like the cv3's. yeah they have a lip, but trust me I have done plenty of research. and from what I have found they look very similar and the cv3 is about 1,000 more for rims alone. You can get a wheel and tire package in the mecca's for about 1800 in 20's. cv3's in the same size cost about 2250 depending on the width. and that is with out tires. Sorry bro, they want to be cv3. and chill, some people have more than others to spend on there ride. I dont even have aftermarket wheels. I would only want vossens. I like the real deal
Old 12-11-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by rader023
Guys, Vossen is the only company that makes five spoke wheels. Everything else is a knockoff! I am going to get CV7s I haven't seen too many of those on a max.
+1 Vossen CV7 is the boss ****
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Look man your ride is nice and all, but I feel that they want to look just like the cv3's. yeah they have a lip, but trust me I have done plenty of research. and from what I have found they look very similar and the cv3 is about 1,000 more for rims alone. You can get a wheel and tire package in the mecca's for about 1800 in 20's. cv3's in the same size cost about 2250 depending on the width. and that is with out tires. Sorry bro, they want to be cv3. and chill, some people have more than others to spend on there ride. I dont even have aftermarket wheels. I would only want vossens. I like the real deal
So vossens are the only "real deal" wheels ever made?

And cost is the only thing that makes wheels the real deal?

But anyway......back on topic......the stock sound system (even non-bose) sound decent, but most aftermarket systems are better.

Has anyone here used the USAspec ipod adapter with an S model system? I did a search and there's very few posts on it. I am interested in buying one, but after reading the user manual, it seems like a pain in the butt to use, and it looks like it needs to be used in place of the radio function or the CD function. I would prefer to use it in place of the AUX, but the manual doesnt say anything about that. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by vball_max; 12-11-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Vossens are nice..but Lexani's are sick! Give me a few months you'll see. Not going for the 20s though in NY in the city...Fuhhhhh Thatttt!

Btw..What's the Product and Installation looking like for 2 10" Subs? Say..Pioneer for the heck of it.

Last edited by MaximaGuido09c; 12-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM

I work directly with a wheel distributor and it was only about $100 difference for my Meccas compared to CV3's. and the REAL DEAL wouldn't be Vossens or Giovanna's. Especially cuz your real deal and my "knock offs" are CAST!!!

I don't knock vossen. I explained why I didn't get them. I work with them all the time but in almost a year I've had mine I just seen my wheels for the first time on a mercedes and the guy even said they look better on my max than his. and I doubt they were the first to invent the concave 5spoke wheel.

and last but not least....when you're still on stock wheels you might want to knock those that aren't.....your real deal is just an imagination for you at this point