7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Smile newbie here

hey guys/girls
I was in the market for a new and/ or used vehicle since my 2002 Mitsubishi Galant that i've owned for the last 8 years was getting up there with mileage (179,000 miles).the vehicles that i wanted was the Honda Accord, 04-08 Acura TL, 2013 Altima and the Mazda6. After test driving the accord, TL and the 6, i came across my maxima at courtesy imports out here in vegas and wanted to test drive it. when my sales rep handed me the keys and i push the button to start it, the growl it made when i started my maxima was sexy. it has a nice exhaust note. when i took it on the highway for a test drive, i was sold. this car is so comfortable, very smooth and has good looks. so after the test drive and negotiation, i drove off the lot with my maxima that same night with 40,600 miles on the odometer.

My first fill up yielded me 21 MPG, which is great. i went 275 miles on that take of gas and suprisingly i get better gas mileage then my 4 cylinder galant. i would average between 18-20 mpg in my galant. I love the way how the gauges sweep across the dash when you start it. I'm still learning alot of things abt my maxima and still getting use to the size because the maxima is a big car to me compared to my galant.

I'm not sure what trim i have but it has everything except for leather,heated seats, navi and rear sunshade. if someone could point me in the right direction in figuring out the reim that will be great. Thank u all
Old 08-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm new here too as of today, so I won't be of much help. Just wanted to give you a more warm welcome than I received . On that note, welcome!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by My2010FoUrDsC
hey guys/girls
I was in the market for a new and/ or used vehicle since my 2002 Mitsubishi Galant that i've owned for the last 8 years was getting up there with mileage (179,000 miles).the vehicles that i wanted was the Honda Accord, 04-08 Acura TL, 2013 Altima and the Mazda6. After test driving the accord, TL and the 6, i came across my maxima at courtesy imports out here in vegas and wanted to test drive it. when my sales rep handed me the keys and i push the button to start it, the growl it made when i started my maxima was sexy. it has a nice exhaust note. when i took it on the highway for a test drive, i was sold. this car is so comfortable, very smooth and has good looks. so after the test drive and negotiation, i drove off the lot with my maxima that same night with 40,600 miles on the odometer.

My first fill up yielded me 21 MPG, which is great. i went 275 miles on that take of gas and suprisingly i get better gas mileage then my 4 cylinder galant. i would average between 18-20 mpg in my galant. I love the way how the gauges sweep across the dash when you start it. I'm still learning alot of things abt my maxima and still getting use to the size because the maxima is a big car to me compared to my galant.

I'm not sure what trim i have but it has everything except for leather,heated seats, navi and rear sunshade. if someone could point me in the right direction in figuring out the reim that will be great. Thank u all
Sounds like you have a S model
Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM

hey guys/girls

Congrats on your purchase. You'll enjoy it... and sounds like the trims is an S. Post some pics!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM

welcome to the site! congrats on the new car you're going to love it man.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 PM

Yes, your cloth seats tell us you have the 'S', which is the entry level Maxima. Imagine all the extra goodies you would find on a loaded Maxima with a MSRP $10,000 higher than the 'S'. But the really good thing is that the entry level Maxima 'S' has exactly the same engine and tranny (and many other parts) as the most expensive Maxima.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 PM

You really do fall in love with this car when you first drive it. Happened for me!

Congrats on your new Max and welcome!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by ettempleton
I'm new here too as of today, so I won't be of much help. Just wanted to give you a more warm welcome than I received . On that note, welcome!
Thank you
Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Yes, your cloth seats tell us you have the 'S', which is the entry level Maxima. Imagine all the extra goodies you would find on a loaded Maxima with a MSRP $10,000 higher than the 'S'. But the really good thing is that the entry level Maxima 'S' has exactly the same engine and tranny (and many other parts) as the most expensive Maxima.
Oh ok thanks, it's still nicely equipped for what it is
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shipwreck
You really do fall in love with this car when you first drive it. Happened for me!

Congrats on your new Max and welcome!
Thanks, I still love in love with it hahaha. So far since purchasing it, I've seen 12 Maxima's drive by and or parked
Old 08-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jbling700

Congrats on your purchase. You'll enjoy it... and sounds like the trims is an S. Post some pics!!!!
Will do
Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 PM

Congrats on the purchase. I got my max a couple months ago, and I still get giddy every time I get to start 'er up. You'll love it. Fast, smooth, and it JUST FEELS GOOD to drive. Welcome to the forums.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Serpent
Congrats on the purchase. I got my max a couple months ago, and I still get giddy every time I get to start 'er up. You'll love it. Fast, smooth, and it JUST FEELS GOOD to drive. Welcome to the forums.
Yes indeed, very smooth vehicle. i love starting up my max. that growl and the exhaust note
Old 08-27-2012, 11:20 PM

ok i'm having trouble posting the pics of my max on here so i uploaded 9 photos to my garage. so you all can check it out
Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 AM

If you don't mind me asking...how much did your car set you back for? I am contemplating making a similar purchase. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 AM

Welcome. Your going to love that car! I've had mIne for about 6 months now and can truly say it it's the best car I have ever owned. It's the perfect mix of everything I could ever want in a car. You should read a post posted yesterday titled, I learned how to drive my 7th generation. It is so true. Congratulations on your new car.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by DansMax09
Welcome. Your going to love that car! I've had mIne for about 6 months now and can truly say it it's the best car I have ever owned. It's the perfect mix of everything I could ever want in a car. You should read a post posted yesterday titled, I learned how to drive my 7th generation. It is so true. Congratulations on your new car.
Thank you, it is a mix of everything I can ask for. I wanted leather seats but then again I really don't need it bc I live in Vegas and our summers are HOT lol. I did read the review and I was even more excited after reading the review. I've heard and read nothing but good things about the maxima
Old 08-29-2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by rodalt02
If you don't mind me asking...how much did your car set you back for? I am contemplating making a similar purchase. Thanks.
$383/ month for 6yrs but planning on having it payed off in 4 years
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM

Congrats!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:37 AM

hey guys/girls

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forums You have the S model which is considered the base model in the Maxima lineup but i know compared to a Galant this is a pretty loaded car (^_^)
Old 09-02-2012, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Timmy

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forums You have the S model which is considered the base model in the Maxima lineup but i know compared to a Galant this is a pretty loaded car (^_^)
Thank you. Yes it is lol and a major upgrade