7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Aftermarket sound system and stock Bose questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:14 PM

Aftermarket sound system and stock Bose questions.

I want to add ether an Apline Double Din or an Eclipse Audio Double Din along with a pair of subs for some added bass. How ever I also want to upgrade the speakers in the car for more trebble.

Just not sure how to go about doing that, with my previous cars, I just dropped in a new head unit and speakers and that was enough of a bump up in sound to keep me please, never added an amp. But with the BOSE system, I like it, I just want Volume from it.

Any Ideas?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by eljoker
I want to add ether an Apline Double Din or an Eclipse Audio Double Din along with a pair of subs for some added bass. How ever I also want to upgrade the speakers in the car for more trebble.

Just not sure how to go about doing that, with my previous cars, I just dropped in a new head unit and speakers and that was enough of a bump up in sound to keep me please, never added an amp. But with the BOSE system, I like it, I just want Volume from it.

Any Ideas?
If you're already changing the deck and speakers you might as well just remove the whole Bose amp and add an aftermarket amp.

You are already aware that I added subs to my factory bose and it sounds damn good with the factory door speakers.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by 20_Maxima_10
If you're already changing the deck and speakers you might as well just remove the whole Bose amp and add an aftermarket amp.

You are already aware that I added subs to my factory bose and it sounds damn good with the factory door speakers.
You kept the stock deck right?
Old 08-21-2012, 02:03 PM

You kept the stock deck right?
Yeah. I have the factory nav unit.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:10 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread but 20_maxima_10, how do you like your huper optik tint? What cons do you have about them? Does your radio reception get affected
Old 08-22-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Max_N_Minh
Sorry to hijack this thread but 20_maxima_10, how do you like your huper optik tint? What cons do you have about them? Does your radio reception get affected
I don't have any cons about it except I wish the company I used carried a 20% tint. But I plan on having them do another layer of 35% over it again.

As far a radio reception, I may have listen to the radio about 5 times but the reception seemed fine to me.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:43 PM

Ok so I guess I've been out of the game for a little to long when it comes to car audio.

My goal is to swap out every speaker in the car and run 2 amps. One for the speaker and one for the subs.

But my previous cars never had a priemium sound system so um having a bit of an issue in the list and bill part of the process.

How many speakers do I really have?

Am I going to have to rewire all the speakers or could I some how use the stock wires that go to the Bose amp, eliminate the Bose amp and replace it with a multichannel?

I know I'll have to wire the RCAs and the remote to my new deck.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM

Ok so I guess I've been out of the game for a little to long when it comes to car audio.

My goal is to swap out every speaker in the car and run 2 amps. One for the speaker and one for the subs.

But my previous cars never had a priemium sound system so um having a bit of an issue in the list and bill part of the process.

How many speakers do I really have?

Am I going to have to rewire all the speakers or could I some how use the stock wires that go to the Bose amp, eliminate the Bose amp and replace it with a multichannel?

I know I'll have to wire the RCAs and the remote to my new deck.
Dont know about ur car but with the premium and tech packages I have 2 tweets, center channel, 6x9's in the front door, 6.5's in the rear doors and 6x9's in the rear deck (subs)

You can use the stock wiring from the bose amp as outputs to ur speakers.

Depending on what you want to do for subs you can run one amp for everything. I recommend buying coaxials for all the doors, seperate tweets for the dash that can be ran off the front channel speakers for more highs. coaxials in the rear doors and remove the rear deck subs for more air travel from the sub or subs in the trunk. BOOM.

Last edited by 20_Maxima_10; 08-27-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 AM

Dont know about ur car but with the premium and tech packages I have 2 tweets, center channel, 6x9's in the front door, 6.5's in the rear doors and 6x9's in the rear deck (subs)

You can use the stock wiring from the bose amp as outputs to ur speakers.

Depending on what you want to do for subs you can run one amp for everything. I recommend buying coaxials for all the doors, seperate tweets for the dash that can be ran off the front channel speakers for more highs. coaxials in the rear doors and remove the rear deck subs for more air travel from the sub or subs in the trunk. BOOM.
I have the same amount of speakers that you have. So Coaxials in the doors and replace the tweets and run them of the fronts? I was thinking of a component set but coaxials will be easier to install.

What size is the center channel?

I want to beef up the 6x9s to so im thinking of using them as mids.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 AM

I have the same amount of speakers that you have. So Coaxials in the doors and replace the tweets and run them of the fronts? I was thinking of a component set but coaxials will be easier to install.

What size is the center channel?

I want to beef up the 6x9s to so im thinking of using them as mids.
You can run components if you decide. Some want a little bit more highs so having tweets in the door with coaxials and tweets in the dash as well will give you that. All up to you. Don't know the size of the center speaker though but you won't be able to used unless you have a 5.1 processor to even use it i would think.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 AM

You can run components if you decide. Some want a little bit more highs so having tweets in the door with coaxials and tweets in the dash as well will give you that. All up to you. Don't know the size of the center speaker though but you won't be able to used unless you have a 5.1 processor to even use it i would think.
Ok so here is the plan thous far.

4 channel ALPINE PDX-F4

6.5 alpine type r componets for the front

6.5 alpine type r coaxials for the doors running parrael to 6x9 type r for the rear deck

thats for the speakers alone. Im not sure what Im going to do for the subs yet. You still making the boxes?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM

Ok so here is the plan thous far.

4 channel ALPINE PDX-F4

6.5 alpine type r componets for the front

6.5 alpine type r coaxials for the doors running parrael to 6x9 type r for the rear deck

thats for the speakers alone. Im not sure what Im going to do for the subs yet. You still making the boxes?
Yeah, still making them. thinking about running alpine subs as well??
Old 08-28-2012, 12:47 PM

Yeah, still making them. thinking about running alpine subs as well??
idk, type rs probly. My biggest think is fining the right amps. I want amps that are stackable because i want to put them in the spare wheel well.

Basicly im buy a piece per pay check.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM

idk, type rs probly. My biggest think is fining the right amps. I want amps that are stackable because i want to put them in the spare wheel well.

Basicly im buy a piece per pay check.
I deal JL audio at my dealership. Check out their HD line. Those are stackable as well.

I run the alpine M12 mono amp for mine.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:44 PM

I deal JL audio at my dealership. Check out their HD line. Those are stackable as well.

I run the alpine M12 mono amp for mine.
what subs you running?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 PM

I'm running 10W3v3-4's

Came up on the alpine amp for free so I ran it.