7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

We might see a Nismo Maxima, MIGHT*

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:33 PM

We might see a Nismo Maxima, MIGHT*

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/13/n...smo-rs-models/

"Auto Express has confirmed that Nissan is planning a slew of performance models under the Nismo wing, including a number of high-performance RS variants.

Nissan executive VP of product planning Andy Palmer told the UK magazine that the Nismo brand should be considered "an affordable alternative to Mercedes' AMG division," and continued, "Nismo versions will get a power hike of 15 percent, but the focus will be on distinctive styling." The Nismo Juke will be the first of these models to arrive early next year. It will boast a unique body kit, as well as 18-inch wheels and bright red side view mirrors. Underhood, the 1.6-liter mill will be massaged to produce 215 horsepower – an increase of 28 hp.

According to Palmer, "We'll also tune the suspension and steering, so customers can get more out of the power they have."

Next to get the Nismo treatment is the all-electric Nissan Leaf. Originally shown at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show, it will feature blue accents instead of the red found on other Nismo models. Power will jump to 125 from the standard 110 horsepower.

2013 will also see the introduction of a Nismo variant of the GT-R, as well as the latest version of the Nismo Z, which is already sold here in the U.S.

If you have the insatiable need for speed, Nissan will be unleashing an RS range of models, boasting track-focused performance. Palmer indicated that there would be a Juke RS making 270 horsepower. It was also noted that there would be RS versions of the GT-R and 370Z. We can't wait to see this onslaught of performance that Nissan has in store for the next year or two. We'll keep you updated on how these models progress."

Why do I say might? Well for starters, the New Spec V is around the corner, followed by the Altima couple which im sure they will offer some type of NISMO version of it. The Idea of a NISMO or even (HOPEFULLY) RS Maxima would be awesome.

Last edited by eljoker; 08-14-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM

That is pretty cool, but all I see with the Leaf is a big waste of money. People won't buy that car for performance. It already has a span of 100 miles... what's the point in upping the torque of the motor on such a short distance.

Now I'm sure they're going to put some sort of better battery in it, but why not put that new technology in the standard leaf to make it last longer.

Just my thoughts...
Old 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM

eljoker - nice find.

I could see Nissan going either way with the Maxima.

They could skip the NISMO option on the Maxima, mumbling something to the effect that the Maxima is a low-volume upscale family sedan, which is true.

Or they could bring some old-time 4DSC Maxima fans back into the fold and also draw new car fans away from competing vehicles by bringing out MISMO options for the Maxima.

Nissan could justify either approach, but if they still consider the Maxima to be their 'flagship' vehicle, it would seem it would be to their advantage to offer much more support from NISMO than this car has received in the last decade or so.

I know I would leap all over NISMO options if they were available when the 8th gen arrives.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM

the leaf nismo is pointless a waste of money!!!! they should use that money on the maxima!!!! i would be so excited for that
Old 08-13-2012, 04:31 PM

The leaf should be the last on the nissan family tree.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:00 PM

nismo leaf lmaoo
Old 08-13-2012, 05:18 PM

You know, In this Nismo movement I would like to see the Maxima RS and I would reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely like to see the maxima In A manual Transmision.
Some people think its pointless <.<
Old 08-13-2012, 08:16 PM

If they want people to think of NISMO in anywhere near the same sentence as AMG it only makes sense to give the maxi some treatment, nismo leaf is a long shot from even the baby-est AMG benz
Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
nismo leaf lmaoo
Its not a joke. Its real.
http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...c_first_drive/
Old 08-13-2012, 09:30 PM

The juke should have never been made

Last edited by 06BlckMax; 08-13-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 AM

"If" and that's a very big "IF" Nissan did allow Nismo to do anything with the Maxima (which never happens) then it'll be a purely cosmetic affair, no Supercharger, No true Dual Exhaust, No Headers, No Y Pipe or nothing that will net any "real" performance.

The Maxima has to be one Nissan's most neglected cars when it comes to aftermarket performance add-ons, this is one of the things that hate about Nissan, they act as if they're afraid to make the Maxima so good that it supersedes the G.

Why not an SC'd Maxima? Why not a Maxima Coupe? Why not a Maxima with Cams, Headers and a true Dual Exhaust?

Nissan=Neglect Maxima at all cost!!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:45 PM

I don't see Nissan doing much for the Maxima either. It's their flagship, luxury vehicle. I actually see them creating a Nismo Altima Coupe. That's where they'll get the most bang for their buck, IMHO.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM

I haven't seen the insurance adjuster yet, but out of curiousity what would I be looking at for total cosin damage? Basically new front bumper and paint?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan31
I haven't seen the insurance adjuster yet, but out of curiousity what would I be looking at for total cosin damage? Basically new front bumper and paint?
Seriously, have no clue why this ended up here. This should be in my "need a new front bumper" thread. Lmao
Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by Ryan31

Seriously, have no clue why this ended up here.

Maybe because you secretly desire a NISMO front bumper?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Very sound, Mike

I'll believe it when they actually release it.

Remember a couple years back they planned on offering Nismo R (or was it S) Tune Altima's and Maxima's?

They scrapped it but not before hundreds of the Rays wheels were developed and eventually dumped into the open market for dimes on the dollar.

Some of you may be familiar with those said wheels... the Nismo A34's and the Nismo Altima 5-spokes (similar in design to the Rays Grams Light).