7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Why I hate my 2012 Maxima SV

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Comfort Treads?

Originally Posted by Saltdet
Within two weeks of purchase, Goodyear gave full credit on RSA's towards Comfort Treads, they are much better tires. Loose some cornering though. Goodyear Corprate cleary was concerned that Nissan was putting these tires on and marketing them as an All Season tires. They do not feel that this tire is the right coice for the car, certainly not for snow use eventhough rated that way. That is why they gave full credit towards the Comfort Treads.
Hi Saltdet,

How did you get goodyear to credit you toward the comfort treads? I'm nervous about the snow with the RSA tires after reading everyone's comments and would like to get some safer tires.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 PM

I am reading your comments and several thougths come mind:

1. You do not really own this car because some of your comments are totally false and off the wall.
2. You are a very negative person and make everyone around you miserable and that is reflected in your attitude about the Nissan service advisors
3.You are not in control of your life and do dumb things like not really test driving cars adequatly or reading reviews and owner comments.

Grow up and get a life, the sooner the better.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 PM

i feel the same but my last car was a bimmer yours has to be if ur feeling like this. but u get what u pay for and the max is a great price for what it gives.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 PM

This is our 3rd Maxima. Bought a loaded Acura 2010 TL SH-AWD with Tech. Package and the 18" wheels. Car's MSRP was $43,250 and wife drove it for 2.5 years and hated the car. She has a bad back and could never get comfortable in it.
Went to drive the 2012 Maxima SV and she fell in love with the car and it was cheaper but has more options than the loaded TL did. The power adjust steering wheel,the cooled seats, and the rear window shade. All of which the TL was lacking.
The Maxima is the best bang for the buck imo.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:08 AM

I like this one the best "Gas Pedal to far away."

There are a couple of buttons on the left side of the seat that will move the gas pedal closer.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM

Paint damage and chips easily poor quality paint
Tires RSA Eagles are deadly in snow or rain.
Mud Flaps are not mud flaps they are stone chip guards the car gets filthy.
Gas Pedal to far away
Torque Steer is dangerous if you don't know about it can be deadly
Horrible in snow
Poor in Rain
Front bumper too low scrapes curbs
Steering wheel radio controls stick out too far and accidentally hit them and change channels frequently.
Drivers Seat uncomfortable.
Leather on sides of seats, mid back seat and headrests not real
Can't fix headliner rattle after two times
Dash computer controls not visibly accessible, have to take eyes off road to use
Seat warmer buttons in hard to view location
Electric outlets in bottom of arm rest and have to empty out consoles to use.
Ipod and av jacks in bottom of closed console and need to empty console to access
Car gets filthy in light rain because mud flaps are fake and are small chip guards
Programing Bluetooth by voice is impossible because it scans by name at letter A and runs slow
Cant scan it by alphabet
Front Seatbelt clips bounce off side cowl scratching it
Brake pedal is half size of regular one
Doors close on you if not open all the way even on flat ground
No option to lower radio when answering bluetooth phone, therefore when ending call radio blasts creating a significant driver disturbance.
Tech display is off on Radio display by avg. MPG. IE. Read 22.7 Avg MPG and at refueling tank took 17.665 gallons and B trip gauge that I reset every refill read 366 miles. That equals 20.7. This has been consistent for three months of tracking.
Steering loose out of hard right turns.
Gear shift **** lever has a recess in it that catches the skin on your finger
Cannot independently lift the windshield wipers. The Drivers side must be lifted first then the passenger side.
This makes it very difficult when removing ice or cleaning the windshield. Have to keep walking around the front of car.
Taillights fill up with moisture and Nissan says that’s normal.
Nisssan customer service reps are scripted and monkeys would do better.
bro im with you 100% i dont like my maxima as well cause i cant press a button on my remote and it pulls up to me... such a simple issue and nissan never took care of it sheesh

lmao dude stop whining and just go sell your maxima. such a nice car doesnt deserve such a whiny driver
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 AM

I get pissed because I can't reach into the trunk from the drivers seat to re-duct tape the wifes mouth shut. Nissan, please fix this issue!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 AM

Sounds like you really got the short end of the stick on this not being your dream car.... Why don't you just sale it at a good price? I'm sure folks in the 4th 5th or 6 gen wouldn't mind the upgrade

Paint damage and chips easily poor quality paint
Tires RSA Eagles are deadly in snow or rain.
Mud Flaps are not mud flaps they are stone chip guards the car gets filthy.
Gas Pedal to far away
Torque Steer is dangerous if you don't know about it can be deadly
Horrible in snow
Poor in Rain
Front bumper too low scrapes curbs
Steering wheel radio controls stick out too far and accidentally hit them and change channels frequently.
Drivers Seat uncomfortable.
Leather on sides of seats, mid back seat and headrests not real
Can't fix headliner rattle after two times
Dash computer controls not visibly accessible, have to take eyes off road to use
Seat warmer buttons in hard to view location
Electric outlets in bottom of arm rest and have to empty out consoles to use.
Ipod and av jacks in bottom of closed console and need to empty console to access
Car gets filthy in light rain because mud flaps are fake and are small chip guards
Programing Bluetooth by voice is impossible because it scans by name at letter A and runs slow
Cant scan it by alphabet
Front Seatbelt clips bounce off side cowl scratching it
Brake pedal is half size of regular one
Doors close on you if not open all the way even on flat ground
No option to lower radio when answering bluetooth phone, therefore when ending call radio blasts creating a significant driver disturbance.
Tech display is off on Radio display by avg. MPG. IE. Read 22.7 Avg MPG and at refueling tank took 17.665 gallons and B trip gauge that I reset every refill read 366 miles. That equals 20.7. This has been consistent for three months of tracking.
Steering loose out of hard right turns.
Gear shift **** lever has a recess in it that catches the skin on your finger
Cannot independently lift the windshield wipers. The Drivers side must be lifted first then the passenger side.
This makes it very difficult when removing ice or cleaning the windshield. Have to keep walking around the front of car.
Taillights fill up with moisture and Nissan says that’s normal.
Nisssan customer service reps are scripted and monkeys would do better.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan31
I get pissed because I can't reach into the trunk from the drivers seat to re-duct tape the wifes mouth shut. Nissan, please fix this issue!
I have the same exact problem! You can use the pass-through door to do this if you pull over and hop in the back seat, but that is a pain.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 AM

i feel like this guy is a 4th or 5th gen owner who like to come in here and tries to tell us our cars suck but i think you failed
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Banned

aw you poor thing, you could never own a camaro SS either, may i suggest an S65AMG? Is money an issue?
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=0mqWjOcXHHP

Last edited by 04BlackMaxx; 09-06-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
aw you poor thing, you could never own a camaro SS either, may i suggest an S65AMG? Is money an issue?
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=0mqWjOcXHHP
Would hate to see the cost of the repair bills on that bad boy$$$$$$
Old 09-18-2012, 04:52 PM

I gotta agree with the op on one of his gripes. The radio control button on the wheel does stick out too far. It should be flush with the wheel. I sure wouldn't sell the car over this issue though
I didn't notice it until day 3 when I made a turn using one hand on the wheel and let the wheel slide across my hand as it straightened out. The next thing I knew, I was on xm channel 3 instead of 2. It's happened at least 3 more times since then, but hasn't happened in about a week. I've changed the way I turn. All is good.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:05 PM

why wont this thread just die
Old 09-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ghozt
THIS....
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nemo7
i feel like this guy is a 4th or 5th gen owner who like to come in here and tries to tell us our cars suck but i think you failed
We do? I love the 7th gen look and thinking of upgrading if my brother actually does decide to buy my 5th. I think cvt is an acquired taste but I'm not nearly as opposed to it as I once was. You guys don't seem terribly put off by it one way or another.

Originally Posted by Ghozt
Lmao!!

PS: LOVE the car

OP doesn't seem like he'd like anything short of a fully loaded 747.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 PM

The CVT is one feature that I really like about the car, it is very smooth and has better reliability according to Consumer Reports than other transmission.

PS I acquired my taste for CVT in a 15 minutes test drive
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
THIS....
+2, every Gen has it faults 7th included... A Max guy will be one, just like Z guys.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ghozt

+3
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 AM

So is this the complaint thread? lol. I got some... but first.

Here is what is wrong with the original post.

-If the tires are dangerous in snow and rain then buy new ones and or just drive slower in snow and rain. There is always going to be better and worse tires than the ones you have and all tires have different strengths and weaknesses. Has nothing to do with the car.
-I find the Maxima to be more than adequate in snow with my snow tires on. And the Max has great handling overall. If you find it inadequate on slick pavement get better tires.
-Torque steer is dangerous?.. I suppose.. but all FWD cars have it, it's not a new thing. And the Max has the least amount of torque steer I've ever experienced despite it's power. I had more torque steer in my 98 V6 accord which had 195 ft-lb of tq. You think torque steer is more dangerous than your back end slipping out in a RWD car? If so you are an idiot.
-Front bumper is lower than some cars.. Is it worth complaining about? The front of the bumper won't scrape on standard curbs unless you drive far onto it. The car is lower than the standard sedan for handling and probably for looks.
-I find the driver's seat comfortable. And it has electronically adjustable lumbar support and an 8 way directional seat. What are you comparing it to?
-I can't disagree with the seat heater controls being in a hard to see, hard to reach spot for the driver. At least if you have the cooled and heated driver's seat which has a **** that you can turn to 7 different positions. But it's not a big deal and you'll get used to it and just reach down without looking eventually. And to get it to the middle you click all the way to one direction and then move back 3 clicks to get to off.
-One electric outlet is in armrest but the other is in the little cubby in front of it and is easy to access.
-Not sure what OP means when they are talking about programming bluetooth by voice. But I have to agree the speech controls are very basic and annoying. Ford does a much better job there.
-Brake pedal too small? huh?
-I totally agree with the doors wanting to close. If you can't open it far enough, which can be way too far in a parking lot. Than it swings closed. Worst door mechanism in a car that I have experienced. But the doors do open nice and wide if you have the space to open them that far.
-Not able to quiet volume of paused music when making a call is definitely an oversight. But a small thing to complain about.
-I also agree that the fuel economy computer is consistently off and states better mpg or l/100km than what you are actually getting. But at least it seems consistent lol.
-Looser on hard rights than hard lefts? Take it to mechanic I don't think that's normal.
-I don't see how you could catch the skin of your finger on any part of the gear shifter...I've driven cars that can do that.. but not the Max.
-Tail lights should not fill with moisture. It wasn't sealed properly. Hard to believe someone at Nissan would say it was normal... unless you complained about every little thing until the point they just wanted you to shut up. lol

I gotta say, I'm not impressed with Nissan's service people but don't have much experience with others to compare them to anyone. But when I first got the car "used" it got sent to Nissan to be looked over and given the okay but they didn't even check the water level on the battery and so a week or so later it wouldn't start and one peek into the battery told me why.

Last edited by Celidor; 01-10-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM

dude wtf before i bought my max i test drove maybe six to seven different vehicles. an imho there was no one car that gave me everything i wanted theres compromises i had to make a4 to small no power, g37 to small, avalon to slugish no style, es 350 poor handling. bottom line do your due diligence. No one to blame but yourself
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 AM

2009 interior control issues

I have complaints about my 2009 and most of them just feel like programming oversights which makes it very disappointing but also makes me wonder if, say, the 2012 doesn't have all of the issues I state here.
I thought about starting a new thread but... meh.
I'm curious if anyone else experiences these problems or if any of them have been fixed in the following years of the car. Or even better would be that there is an update that adds the functionality I find missing.

Note that I have the Sport and Tech package which has Nav and the music box thing. As well as heated/cooled driver's seat.

-No alphabetical, search, or any faster method of getting around in the ipod interface so it takes a few minutes of holding the down button to get to to the letter Z.
(at least if you unplug it and manually go to a playlist or artist then it will still be playing that when you plug it back in) There is even a tune/folder **** that could be used to move quicker through lists at these times but instead it does nothing. And the music box has search abilities! But not the ipod. wtf (I'm glad I make a lot of playlists)

-No way to see the list of songs when playing the ipod. (You can view a playlist or album but once you click one of the songs it is gone and to get back to that list can take several minutes)

-You can press and hold down or up to move to the next or previous folders in an mp3 cd or Music Box but it doesn't do anything if playing an ipod. (would be nice if it went to next artist or album or fast fwd or rewind.)

-Can't scroll up and down the music box without switching songs. (Crappy design.) You can look at what is on the playlist, which you can't do on ipod, but you can't scroll around to look at what to play next without switching songs. (Really weird programming design issues) so sad.

-The nav display doesn't show all the street names on the screen. (Sometimes half of a street name will show up. Or none at all unless you zoom out or scroll to a part of the street that has the name beside it.) (this one is actually a constant pain when I'm in unknown territory and makes the nav much less helpful than it could be.)

-There are very few voice commands compared to say a Ford. And they force you to listen to the full sentence of crap before you can give it a voice command. (In my mom's ford edge you press the voice button a second time to make her shut up and listen to you but in the Max pressing it a second time just pauses it!! ARGH! I barely ever use voice commands because of how long it takes to listen to it say the same things over and over.) I usually only use it to switch to ipod because it is one of the few useful commands that can be used quickly

-Every time I try to use voice commands to set a destination I have to state the country and province where I live. As well as wait for her to finish her sentence asking me! (Why can't you set what province or state you are in, in a separate menu and not be bothered every single time?!)

-There are certain things on the computer that become limited when you are moving. (I understand the reason is for the idiots who will look away from the road for long periods to look at something while driving but I dislike this and even more messed up is the things that are off limits when driving. Some of the things you can't do really have no business being off limits like how you can't type in an intersection as your destination but you can type in a street address. Makes zero sense. At least there is the mod to correct this. But I dislike having to resort to third parties.

-I agree with OP about the seat belts. I guess they have strong springs, it is easy for me to just move the belt close to it's resting position when taking it off so it doesn't hit the interior, but passengers don't remember and scratches are inevitable despite me pleading with people to remember. But this is a problem with many cars.

-I also agree with OP about the doors. The point at which the door will sit and stop trying to close is often too far out in a parking lot so you have to hold it the entire time coming or going into the car. Which is a pain if you are holding stuff. I don't think the rear doors have that problem.. not sure.

-The lock buttons don't light up. (The unlock button lights up. The window controls light up. Everything lights up except the lock button.) Is that normal on these cars?

-Side mirror tilt controls are awkwardly placed. (Why isn't it on the door like most other cars.)

-No small storage space for small things except in the center console. (In my old car there were holes in the arm rests of the doors as well as a little drawer to the left around the area where our mirror controls and VDC button is located.)

-No indication if cruise control is engaged or not. (Only a light telling you that cruise control is set to on and so can be engaged or disengaged. This is just wrong! The car should indicate in some way if it is going to continue moving forward even if you let go of the gas. Cheaper cars have this feature. And it could easily have been implemented. This one is actually somewhat dangerous. Especially if the person driving doesn't realize this quirk.)

I love the car and the actual driving experience of the car is great (as long as you remember to go into DS when you want reliable acceleration after the car has been cruising at low rpm for awhile), but these things certainly detract from the car as a whole. I can look past the doors not being great for tight spaces, the lock button not lighting up, the seat belts being prone to swing back hard, the placement of the mirror controls, and I guess the fact that there is no little storage shelf or little place to put small things other than the center console. But the other stuff really sucks. Sure I could make a much longer lists of all the things about the car that I am happy with but that isn't really the point. Please tell me later models don't have all of these faults.

P.S. I guess there is one more problem I need to mention, but it I am sure this will not be changed any time soon: Locking foot pedal emergency brake. The opposite of sporty, and in my opinion, dangerous. If you have done racing, or even just played enough racing games you probably know that sometimes the only way to avoid hitting a wall when you are going too fast to brake and are facing understeer is a slight lock up of the rear wheels to get you to turn just enough to avoid it. If you are faced this situation in the Max with no handbrake the best you can do is to brake hard enough and hope you hit the wall at a slow enough speed not to die or seriously injure yourself.

But I've seen people who have converted their foot pedal emergency brake to a handbrake but that is messy and wouldn't fit properly anywhere in a Max. Does anyone know if anyone has ever converted their foot pedal emergency brake to one that won't lock into place unless you want it to. Maybe if it had that I would be willing to consider the Max a true 4DSC.

I scoff at those who say you need a manual transmission to have a sports car. I'd rather change my e-brake than convert a perfectly good, smooth tranny to a manual 6 shifter. Although a manual would probably offer better top speed and acceleration at the top end in the 7th gen but i bet it'd be slower to 60.

Last edited by Celidor; 01-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 PM

I was actually reading through this thread until I got to E-brake pedal complaint.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Celidor
-No indication if cruise control is engaged or not. (Only a light telling you that cruise control is set to on and so can be engaged or disengaged. This is just wrong! The car should indicate in some way if it is going to continue moving forward even if you let go of the gas. Cheaper cars have this feature. And it could easily have been implemented. This one is actually somewhat dangerous. Especially if the person driving doesn't realize this quirk.)
Agreed. My 2003 Maxima had this feature. Though I don't think I'm as upset about it as you.

Originally Posted by dr_2010SV
I was actually reading through this thread until I got to E-brake pedal complaint.
Why'd you stop? You were almost finished ...

But seriously ... I would have also preferred a handbrake. This was one of the first things I noticed when I drove my bro's 2009 a few years ago. This definitely had me scratching my head ...but it wasn't something that prevented me from buying my car.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jig9798
Agreed. My 2003 Maxima had this feature. Though I don't think I'm as upset about it as you.

Why'd you stop? You were almost finished ...

But seriously ... I would have also preferred a handbrake. This was one of the first things I noticed when I drove my bro's 2009 a few years ago. This definitely had me scratching my head ...but it wasn't something that prevented me from buying my car.
im sorry but im pretty sure we all would like to get a handbrake instead of e-brake lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
I nominate this thread as the trolling thread of the year.
And we're not even halfway through January yet!

Originally Posted by sonomamax
I like this one the best "Gas Pedal to far away."

There are a couple of buttons on the left side of the seat that will move the gas pedal closer.
But his arms aren't long enough to reach the buttons.

Originally Posted by Nexus67
OP doesn't seem like he'd like anything short of a fully loaded 747.
Nah, there'd be problems parallel parking it.

I have a problem with my Maxima. It is supposed to have voice recognition, but when I tell it to start, drive, take me to work, take me home, etc... it just sits there.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:07 PM

So I'm guessing the ipod interface hasn't improved in later years?
And everyone's 7th gen maxima has only the auto unlock button light up and not the lock button on the driver and passenger door? I'm not the only one with that quirk?
And the voice system is the same in all the years as well? No way to just make the car listen to you right away?
I'm curious and hoping cuz it's a great car overall.

And yeah, I am upset about how the cruise control doesn't have a true on or off indicator. Because it seems to me that everything they need to have it is there and it would take very little to add another indicator light to tell you if it is on or not. So it becomes more annoying when you ask yourself why it isn't there.
In my Mom's Ford Edge it has a digital indicator of what speed the cruise control is set to. And when you press the gas pedal down far enough that you're overriding the cruise control, the number greys out and a cross goes through it. Which is neat, but it also makes it easier to smoothly transition from cruise control back to full control. Or to know just how much pedal depression you need to allow the car to gain more speed down a hill while cruise control is still engaged.

All in all it's a small gripe. Mostly I just don't understand why not. At least the lack of handbrake I can think of some valid reasons they might decide on the pedal over the handbrake, I just don't agree that it was the right decision in so many ways. But lack of a proper cruise indicator is a total mystery.

When I was looking at the Max my biggest problem with it right away was the lack of a handbrake. It made me look closer at the G37x but the only model of G37 that actually has a handbrake is the RWD, 6 speed manual sport. And not only was it more expensive but I didn't want a RWD manual for the only car I have. Not to mention that it isn't as fuel efficient or have as cool a front end.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 AM

So I'm guessing the ipod interface hasn't improved in later years?
And everyone's 7th gen maxima has only the auto unlock button light up and not the lock button on the driver and passenger door? I'm not the only one with that quirk?
And the voice system is the same in all the years as well? No way to just make the car listen to you right away?
I'm curious and hoping cuz it's a great car overall.

And yeah, I am upset about how the cruise control doesn't have a true on or off indicator. Because it seems to me that everything they need to have it is there and it would take very little to add another indicator light to tell you if it is on or not. So it becomes more annoying when you ask yourself why it isn't there.
In my Mom's Ford Edge it has a digital indicator of what speed the cruise control is set to. And when you press the gas pedal down far enough that you're overriding the cruise control, the number greys out and a cross goes through it. Which is neat, but it also makes it easier to smoothly transition from cruise control back to full control. Or to know just how much pedal depression you need to allow the car to gain more speed down a hill while cruise control is still engaged.

All in all it's a small gripe. Mostly I just don't understand why not. At least the lack of handbrake I can think of some valid reasons they might decide on the pedal over the handbrake, I just don't agree that it was the right decision in so many ways. But lack of a proper cruise indicator is a total mystery.

When I was looking at the Max my biggest problem with it right away was the lack of a handbrake. It made me look closer at the G37x but the only model of G37 that actually has a handbrake is the RWD, 6 speed manual sport. And not only was it more expensive but I didn't want a RWD manual for the only car I have. Not to mention that it isn't as fuel efficient or have as cool a front end.
To each their own. I'm happy my G doesn't have a handbrake. It gets in the way of things. Not only in the G, but two out of my four cars have handbrakes, I wish they all had foot brakes.

The cruise control, imo, is a minor gripe. In all the years of driving, I always knew if the cc was on or off. Don't need anymore electronic nannies in the car where I need to take my eyes off the road to see a status. I can feel if the cc is on or off. To each their own I guess. Id rather have 50 more hp in the car, than more nannies for the same price.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 PM

i find this humorous ... i'm 5'0" and can reach the pedals ...
that was my main concern buying the car because its huge compared to what i've driven for the past 3 years, however ... the seat moves, the steering wheel moves, and all is well.

and no, i'm not pressed up against the steering wheel.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM

It's actually the lock button that lights up and not the unlock button.
Yes the cruise control is only a small gripe of mine as well but still annoying. I mean it probably wouldn't take a lot more than a little wiring work and a bulb stuck beside the cruise control light, it's not going to add weight or take up precious space.

For that reason I thought it would probably be added by now. But it seems like none of the things I mentioned in my post have been added since I haven't seen any posts that say whether these "faults" I found have been fixed. So I'm assuming no.

Too bad that the sport pkg didn't add handbrake. That way if you get fold-able rear seats you get an E-brake foot pedal. And if you get the sport package with the reinforced rear you get a handbrake. It is the sport pkg after all so it'd seem to make sense.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 PM

I actually tried to get the skin on my finger to get stuck in the gear shifter and it can do that to you. lol. Although it is not very painful.
And more importantly you have to squeeze the thing way too hard and encompass the entire shifter for it to actually happen. Maybe if you had huge hands it might come up, but OP says that he can't reach the pedals.. so.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 PM

It's actually the lock button that lights up and not the unlock button.
And I like it this way. If I see shadowy figures moving nearby outside the car at night, I simply press the switch that is lighted, knowing that is the 'lock' setting. With my old eyes, I couldn't read the letters on the switches anyway.

I love the mood lights that cast just barely enough glow that I can find my way around the switches, compartments, console area, etc, when driving in a dark area with all the inside lighting off, but are not the least bit intrusive to driving the car on a dark highway. This is my first vehicle with 'mood' lights.

I also love that I can fully control the lighting level on the navi scheen, even changing the map from dark features on a light background to light features on a black background for better clarity with less visual distraction at night.

I dread the day the 8th gen comes out, because I will feel guilty as sin letting this perfect 2009 go. But I've gone through this with the release of every new Maxima generation. Time marches on . . .
Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Shift_A32B
So you bought a 2012 Maxima and didn't realize the flaws upon test driving?

Most of the flaws (not all) could have been detected upon test driving...just my 2 cents.
Well, I think a lot of flaws can be missed mainly because of the weather conditions when you test drive the car. When I test drove my Max before buying it, it was clear and sunny outside. When I first started driving at night, it was a little hard to see some of the controls (e.g. the heated steering and heated seats). But after driving the car so much, I've learned where everything is. So, I'm not complaining too much

Last edited by ChicagoRizzao; 01-22-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM

The fact that they were smart enough to put turn signal indicators in the middle makes up for any non-essential item I cannot see. I have cars that have them toward the sides of the guage cluster.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by RAINMANYEH

Nah, there'd be problems parallel parking it.

I have a problem with my Maxima. It is supposed to have voice recognition, but when I tell it to start, drive, take me to work, take me home, etc... it just sits there.
Lol, you mean to tell me you don't have the chauffeur's edition??
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Uncomfortable front headrests

Hello all,

I'm new to the site and I might not be in the right thread to talk about this but maybe you can help me out. I just bought a 2011 Maxima on Saturday and noticed that when you rest your head on the headrest I feel something poking me on my upper back and gets a like uncomfortable. When I test drove it I noticed but thought was not a big deal but have driven it now for 2 day and I can say it's kind of annoying. I have only found 2 complaints about it on the internet, so I just wanted to see if you have experienced the same issue and if there's anything you could do to fix it. First time I feel this on car.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM

Die thread Die thread!!!!!! REDRUM!!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 AM

See comparison my white Vue with mud flaps
And my Maxima with scam NISSAN mudflaps.
Nissan should have at least had an accessory
Option for molded mud flaps.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM

Under photos

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?a...0&ref=gnr-prev

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?a...0&ref=gnr-next

Last edited by Saltdet; 02-09-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Photo links
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just a thought about your snow complaints as I just came in from outside clearing 2ft of it from yesterday's massive dump. Try REAL snow tires ... not "let's pretend we can make it thru the winter on all-seasons". By the way, up where I live, real SNOWS are the law from Dec to mid-March

I do agree about the lousy locations of the 12v outlets ... can't wait to drop a paperclip or something metal in to it...zap! Wouldn't want "mud-flaps" on this sort of vehicle. My '04 had mini stone protectors. Features I do like and find are important about my '10: style, power, fuel economy for a full-sized 4dr sedan, good dealer service (up here in snow country at least), good brakes, steering...you know all the things that make it go and stop and turn fast... and it turns the neighbor's heads as well.

oh just forget it ... you probably don't really want to hear from a snowed-in crazy Canuck who just bought his 2nd Max becausehe loves the thing...

Quick Reply: Why I hate my 2012 Maxima SV